Notre Dame round 2

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Notre Dame round 2

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:51 pm

bobcarrington {l Wrote}:
jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:So what he hasn't made a shot in 2016? You act like who shoots alot. When you apply the context of 0-11 it doesn't seem bad. Carter has missed more than that in one game. Go look at the stat sheet from this game as well as the performance by the other freshman. If you still think Meznieks played worse than JROB, Owens, Hicks, and Clifford then you are blind.

I'm not taking sides on the overall Meznieks argument, but chime in only to disagree (strongly) that Clifford is one of those players who's been worse. The big guy was useless over the past couple of seasons and I was at the time as critical of him as anyone else. But he's played much better this year than could have been expected. Given Diallo's inability to play even ten minutes without fouling out and BC's overall lack of size, there's a legit argument to be made that Clifford's been the second most important guy on the court most of this year -- admittedly faint praise given how much the team sucks.

Clifford's been the most important player out there all season. He was absolutely atrocious today but that doesn't differentiate him from the rest of the clowns out there. Or the circus master.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:53 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:I understand the ACC is stronger now than four years ago but even Donahue's second year team (which was even younger) would not consistently lose this badly. The problem is JC not landing a true PG for 2015 and no PF on this roster.

is Graves not a PG?

how can Christian be worse than Donahue, i didn't think that was possible. this is a complete nightmare.

Graves is a PG and will fix that part of the mess. I am extremely skeptical of this unicorn PF coming next year after JC steers this team to 0-18.

I'm working on the pine tree...no promises there.

If they had like Fordham or delawares PF it would go a long way if they fix the pg, it doesn't have to be a double double guy.

On this future team who is scoring the basketball against an ACC defense? Or are we just going to take shot clock violations most possessions because guys pass up open shots for 30 seconds.

Without Carter these guys would pass it around the perimeter for 30 seconds and hand the ball to the ref
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:59 pm

Just bulldoze Conte and turn it into additional parking for Alumni.

The entire program is a disgrace from top to bottom.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:14 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:I understand the ACC is stronger now than four years ago but even Donahue's second year team (which was even younger) would not consistently lose this badly. The problem is JC not landing a true PG for 2015 and no PF on this roster.

is Graves not a PG?

how can Christian be worse than Donahue, i didn't think that was possible. this is a complete nightmare.

Graves is a PG and will fix that part of the mess. I am extremely skeptical of this unicorn PF coming next year after JC steers this team to 0-18.

If they had like Fordham or delawares PF it would go a long way if they fix the pg, it doesn't have to be a double double guy.

On this future team who is scoring the basketball against an ACC defense? Or are we just going to take shot clock violations most possessions because guys pass up open shots for 30 seconds.

Without Carter these guys would pass it around the perimeter for 30 seconds and hand the ball to the ref

I have no idea, but it's not clear to me what impact Carter has on the freshmen. It could be that his presence is impeding aggressiveness. The lack of an actual pg is significant too.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:05 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:

is Graves not a PG?

I have no idea, but it's not clear to me what impact Carter has on the freshmen. It could be that his presence is impeding aggressiveness. The lack of an actual pg is significant too.

I honestly think it's a bad influence. I've seen Diallo mimic some of Carter's horrible body language and not hustling already.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum