BC in the Pitt

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC in the Pitt

Postby wildcat81 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:11 pm

Good start so far.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Re: BC in the Pitt

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:37 pm

AJ Turner is so bad it boggle the mind.

Go away please.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby wildcat81 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:03 pm

BC played a decent first half. Hard to a win a shootout on the road.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:24 pm

Robinson has hit the freshman wall really early.

Tonight is better from Mezinkas.

I don't want to see anymore Turner.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:32 pm

Carter has wide open teammates all over the floor, he just doesn't pass them the ball.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:44 pm

I don't get why Diallo hasn't played in the second half.

Not enough minutes for Milon either.

The talent differential out here is ridiculous.

Edit: I see why those two don't play.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:51 pm

BC has lost the last 4 games by a total of 90 points.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleManiac66 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:58 pm

As I posted after the Cuse game, just another 22+ point loss in a long string of those yet to come. Couldn't even beat the +19 spread. :whiteflag
EagleManiac66
Carney Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:50 pm

BC hired a guy who ran back to the MAC because he couldn't take the pressure at TCU. What the fuck did Brad FUCKING Bates expect? Did he really think this was going to be a stellar hire? I'm so happy for JC because he can fail at BC, walk away with a couple of million, and run back to the MAC again and make a cool half a mill.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby jbrooks58 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:14 pm

I was on flight during this one. Thank God. After the Duke game I thought we might win 3ish games in the ACC I'm now on the 0 train after the last 3.
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:30 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:BC hired a guy who ran back to the MAC because he couldn't take the pressure at TCU. What the fuck did Brad FUCKING Bates expect? Did he really think this was going to be a stellar hire? I'm so happy for JC because he can fail at BC, walk away with a couple of million, and run back to the MAC again and make a cool half a mill.

It's on JC and Spinelli. These kids they recruited have a 0% chance to compete in the ACC.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:02 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCHerbert {l Wrote}:BC hired a guy who ran back to the MAC because he couldn't take the pressure at TCU. What the fuck did Brad FUCKING Bates expect? Did he really think this was going to be a stellar hire? I'm so happy for JC because he can fail at BC, walk away with a couple of million, and run back to the MAC again and make a cool half a mill.

It's on JC and Spinelli. These kids they recruited have a 0% chance to compete in the ACC.

Weren't you saying the exact opposite about two months ago?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:37 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

He was. Microdick needs to go back to Brandeis and leave the Eagles alone
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:13 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I can't explain a guy like Turner forgetting how to play basketball all the sudden.

No amount of development is going to save kids like Mezinkas or Owens.

Some of these like Milon and Hicks would be okay as 10 minute a game guards off the bench
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:16 pm

Carter is also dragging the rest of this team down with him. Even more than the freshman he's the problem. Just a terrible choice as a 5th year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby jbrooks58 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:42 am

Eepstein I understand your frustration believe me. I'm tired of telling myself we'll be better next year, but freshman do develop. I see more to these than I did with the dons mega class. We just have to hope that there talent blossoms between now and next year. If not then we'll be looking for another coach.
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:37 am

again it absolutely sucks watching this but you're not going to win in the acc with your team pretty much all FR unless you're duke / unc

leading scorers:
clem: JR / JR / JR / SR / SR
FSU: FR / FR / SO / SR / SR > they're 1-3 in ACC
GT: SR / SR / SR / SR / JR
U: SR / SO / SR / JR / SR
NCST: JR / FR / SO / SO / SO > they're 0-5 in ACC
ND: JR / SR / JR / SO / JR
Pitt: JR / JR / SR / JR / SO
Cuse: SR / SR / FR / JR / FR
UVA: SR / SR / JR / SR / SO
VT: JR / JR / SO / FR / FR > 4-1 in ACC
Wake: SR / FR / SO / SR / SO > 1-4 in ACC

so schools with > 50% of their leading scorers being underclassmen are 6-17 in the ACC (2 of VT's 4 wins are NCST & Wake, the other 2 are home wins by a total of 3 points. they all count but they're not ripping through the acc either).

they need to start compiling acc classes (by all reports graves will be an impact PG) and buffering them with 5th years so we're not relying on multiple freshmen to have an instant impact. i think if there's space (i.e. attrition) they should be in the market for a 5th year PG in addition to the PF that everyone knows we need.

a starting 5 of:
Graves / 5th year
Turner
Robinson
5th year
Diallo

Bench:
Graves / 5th year
Milon
JCR
SBT
Hicks
Meznepstein

you're starting to have a roster that can start to compete in the acc (granted they'd still fit into the arbitrary > 50% underclassmen i set)

i have no idea if christian is going to win here and these games are absolutely impossible to watch but to think he is or isn't going to have success here based on this year is dumb.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:51 am

jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:Eepstein I understand your frustration believe me. I'm tired of telling myself we'll be better next year, but freshman do develop. I see more to these than I did with the dons mega class. We just have to hope that there talent blossoms between now and next year. If not then we'll be looking for another coach.

Donahue's megaclass won 4 ACC games...

There is much more athletic talent here, but so many of these kids look completely lost on the basketball court.

I'd like the talent to remember how to play basketball. They have regressed since November and that shouldn't happen.

Claver is right, these games are a complete waste of time to watch.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby jbrooks58 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:45 pm

I would agree that they have looked like they regressed, and this ACC schedule doesn't help. Also, lets remember the ACC during dons mega class compared to this year's.
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:24 pm

jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:I would agree that they have looked like they regressed, and this ACC schedule doesn't help. Also, lets remember the ACC during dons mega class compared to this year's.

This is a fair point.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby jbrooks58 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:55 pm

The biggest issue I see with this team right now is a lack of confidence by the freshman. I do not think it's a lack of talent but its impossible to judge because they never shoot. Eli drives me crazy but I understand why he does what he does. He knows if he passes he's either gonna get it right back or Clifford isn't gonna catch it. I can't count the number of good looks Robinson and Turner especially have passed up. I also think SBT and Milon especially need more minutes. The only thing we can hope is that the freshman learn that they have to take open shots to win games.
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Return to Conte Forum