BC vs Notre Dame

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC vs Notre Dame

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:08 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:If we're ever going to get out of this mess we're going to have to recruit our way out of it. JC should lay down on the ground and let the AAU coaches use him as a footstool if it will help us get some headband-wearing talent.

The problem is the conference we play in. There are between 8-10 games a year BC has little to no chance of winning each year in conference.

You're right on the recruiting, but I have no clue how you attract top flight talent here to compete with the rest of this ridiculous conference
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Based on what the combination of Leahy and the DeFillipo-Don-Butt Cutt/JC Axis of Ineptitude have done to this program, there is very little chance that you can land a hot young coach looking to make the jump from a low mid-major. And by the way, you aren't getting someone from a high mid-major (ex. Dayton) because they have better facilities, a better fan base and better pay. The notion that Jay Wright was ever seriously considering coming here is laughable.

I have obviously been banging the Mark Schmidt drum for a while, but another year of this and he is probably the only decent candidate who would even consider it based on the fact that (a) he is an alum; (b) he is from the area; (c) he managed to clean up a similarly imploded program in a less-than desirable location so our situation probably doesn't scare him; and (d) Bonnies is one of the few places we probably can outspend; and (e) he is in his early 50s and this is probably the only way he gets to coach at a Power 5 school. The facilities are a wash, but their fan base is much better than ours

Schmidt doesn't fix this situation. His conference record up there is 56-74, that's a pretty big sample size. You can't convince me he can attract high end talent to BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:37 pm

Pretty shallow and facile response. Do a deeper dive. Where was the program when he took over? I'll give you a hint--they won a grand total of 10 conference games over the proceeding five years and had an average RPI rank during that period of 310. How has he done the last five years? I'll give you a hint, the only teams in the A-10 that have done better are Dayton, VCU and Richmond--all of which are objectively better and more attractive programs than this iteration of BC. He is tied with St Louis and GW. As far as attracting or developing talent, he had a kid drafted in the 1st round of the NBA draft of more recent vintage and higher then our last one. And he has three current underclassmen who are objectively better than anyone we are putting on the court right now. And he has done it all at a tiny Franciscan school in a burnt out, dead industrial town an hour outside of Buffalo--which itself is making a run at Detroit for most hopeless city in America.

If Schmidt isn't good enough--and frankly I would hope that we could get someone better than a 50 year old coach from Saint Bonaventure--who do you think would take this job as it currently stands?
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:30 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Pretty shallow and facile response. Do a deeper dive. Where was the program when he took over? I'll give you a hint--they won a grand total of 10 conference games over the proceeding five years and had an average RPI rank during that period of 310. How has he done the last five years? I'll give you a hint, the only teams in the A-10 that have done better are Dayton, VCU and Richmond--all of which are objectively better and more attractive programs than this iteration of BC. He is tied with St Louis and GW. As far as attracting or developing talent, he had a kid drafted in the 1st round of the NBA draft of more recent vintage and higher then our last one. And he has three current underclassmen who are objectively better than anyone we are putting on the court right now. And he has done it all at a tiny Franciscan school in a burnt out, dead industrial town an hour outside of Buffalo--which itself is making a run at Detroit for most hopeless city in America.

If Schmidt isn't good enough--and frankly I would hope that we could get someone better than a 50 year old coach from Saint Bonaventure--who do you think would take this job as it currently stands?

Schmidt is Jim Christian 2.0. Unless you're going to hire a real coach just keep the status quo. Frankly I don't understand swapping Donahue for Christian
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}: Frankly I don't understand swapping Donahue for Christian

it was the whistling
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:17 pm

Based on the respective bodies of work, it is hard to make an objective argument that Schmidt doesn't represent an upgrade over Christian. I do agree with your assessment that after firing Donahue they should have aimed much higher than Christian or Schmidt for that matter. But they didn't--either they were too cheap or Butt Cutt is too inept to close a deal. The problem now is that we aren't simply a program that made a bad hire and is trying to correct it, as we were when we gave Don the boot. We are now a full fledged joke and raging dumpster fire and I don't think we will pony up the money necessary to land either a name or a young coach on the rise. That being the case I would rather go with a guy who is an alum and has turned a dumpster fire even worse then our current dumpster fire into a good program in the best mid-major conference then a guy who has demonstrably failed to recruit here, can't seem to motivate his players and went running ahead of the posse from the TCU job.

But just for shits and giggles, please tell me who we ought to hire and realistically how we could make that happen.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:01 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:If we're ever going to get out of this mess we're going to have to recruit our way out of it. JC should lay down on the ground and let the AAU coaches use him as a footstool if it will help us get some headband-wearing talent.

I don't think a straight up "out recruit the competition" is going to work so long as we have 1) Conte; 2) the Power Gym; 3) our fans; 4) school; 5) many years removed from competitive play. I think to out recruit peers you would need either 1) a big name HC (obviously didn't and probably won't happen soon); 2) shiny new facilities showing investment in the program ("); 3) to win first. I think winning on the court without straight up recruiting wins is the most likely way to succeed e.g. they need to find another under recruited superstar and get the cast around him up to ACC starter minimum.

I don't think it is very likely the 2015 class has the superstar.

I agree with all of what you said and think that Christian is capable of winning should he find that superstar type that you reference. Yes, It's unlikely a superstar is not in the 2015 class, although with a mini miracle this off-season I think Robinson could develop into that ACC level star player (give it 6.66% odds). If Robinson doesn't develop into a star, I am confident that Robinson, Turner and Diallo will develop into ACC starters with Milon and Meznieks being solid role players. As things stand now, with the addition of Graves to the starting lineup next year, we are at the most, 1 diamond in the rough away from being a tournament team.

In summation, I am still accepting ticket requests for JC's 2018 North Station Express. Heppy, you need not apply.

I'm curious what you saw out of Turner and Diallo last night to make you feel good about them starting next year. I was impressed when Turner passed Carter the ball like it was a grenade. Garland Owens Jr's understanding of how to defend the pick and roll was also awesome, he only was 30 feet away from Auguste.

A. Turner is clearly not an Alpha type player. 1 play does not represent his talent or the future development of his skill set*

2. Diallo is a project, with an HJSian (Not Smith or Abrams like he originally wanted) type scoring power forward, Diallo will be a fine ACC center come his Junior season.

* Tre, please help properly embed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqIzxdcVdC4

If JC goes like 7-24 or wherever next year I doubt he is going to survive to Year 4. I don't think you realize the depths to which this program has sunken, 0-36 in ACC play is absolutely within play the next two years.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:07 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Based on the respective bodies of work, it is hard to make an objective argument that Schmidt doesn't represent an upgrade over Christian. I do agree with your assessment that after firing Donahue they should have aimed much higher than Christian or Schmidt for that matter. But they didn't--either they were too cheap or Butt Cutt is too inept to close a deal. The problem now is that we aren't simply a program that made a bad hire and is trying to correct it, as we were when we gave Don the boot. We are now a full fledged joke and raging dumpster fire and I don't think we will pony up the money necessary to land either a name or a young coach on the rise. That being the case I would rather go with a guy who is an alum and has turned a dumpster fire even worse then our current dumpster fire into a good program in the best mid-major conference then a guy who has demonstrably failed to recruit here, can't seem to motivate his players and went running ahead of the posse from the TCU job.

But just for shits and giggles, please tell me who we ought to hire and realistically how we could make that happen.

I don't see Schidmt as any different than JC. It's the same crappy mid-major coach who can't get talent. See Donahue, Steve.

What is my budget? Is it $1 mil and under? Because if that's the case they just forget basketball, the last however many years are a perfect example of that.

Football actually pays a market value coaching salary, so I think the chances of this new staff or whoever replaces Daz being decent are better.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:09 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I don't think a straight up "out recruit the competition" is going to work so long as we have 1) Conte; 2) the Power Gym; 3) our fans; 4) school; 5) many years removed from competitive play. I think to out recruit peers you would need either 1) a big name HC (obviously didn't and probably won't happen soon); 2) shiny new facilities showing investment in the program ("); 3) to win first. I think winning on the court without straight up recruiting wins is the most likely way to succeed e.g. they need to find another under recruited superstar and get the cast around him up to ACC starter minimum.

I agree with all of what you said and think that Christian is capable of winning should he find that superstar type that you reference. Yes, It's unlikely a superstar is not in the 2015 class, although with a mini miracle this off-season I think Robinson could develop into that ACC level star player (give it 6.66% odds). If Robinson doesn't develop into a star, I am confident that Robinson, Turner and Diallo will develop into ACC starters with Milon and Meznieks being solid role players. As things stand now, with the addition of Graves to the starting lineup next year, we are at the most, 1 diamond in the rough away from being a tournament team.

In summation, I am still accepting ticket requests for JC's 2018 North Station Express. Heppy, you need not apply.

I'm curious what you saw out of Turner and Diallo last night to make you feel good about them starting next year. I was impressed when Turner passed Carter the ball like it was a grenade. Garland Owens Jr's understanding of how to defend the pick and roll was also awesome, he only was 30 feet away from Auguste.

A. Turner is clearly not an Alpha type player. 1 play does not represent his talent or the future development of his skill set*

2. Diallo is a project, with an HJSian (Not Smith or Abrams like he originally wanted) type scoring power forward, Diallo will be a fine ACC center come his Junior season.

If JC goes like 7-24 or wherever next year I doubt he is going to survive to Year 4. I don't think you realize the depths to which this program has sunken, 0-36 in ACC play is absolutely within play the next two years.

Next year we will be closer to 500, like 14-17 using your 31 game season size.

Seriously? You think without Carter and Clifford, as god awful as they can be, is winning 14 games? You're nuts
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:10 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:This team will also pull out some wins that they have no business winning this year.

Such as?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:25 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Next year we will be closer to 500, like 14-17 using your 31 game season size.

Seriously? You think without Carter and Clifford, as god awful as they can be, is winning 14 games? You're nuts

With the addition of Graves, the improvement of the 15' class and whatever 5th years christian is able to poach? Yes, I do.

The amount of improvement it would take for this team to win 14 games next year is unrealistic. You guys set these absurd goals with these teams. Graves will help some, but losing Clifford will hurt a lot and no fifth year player who's any good wants to play here. The current crop of freshman will improve, especially Turner and Diallo but they're still going to have an awul time scoring the basketball.

If he won 10 games next year I'd be impressed. It's not JCs fault, this situation is completely hopeless for a non-name brand coach like Wright, Howland, etc. Frankly at this point Tommy Amaker as much as it pains me would have been a better choice.

I take 0 pleasure in being correct on this basketball team year after year. I go to every game and they are awful to watch. I told you the Donahue kids sucked and they did. I'm telling you a majority of this talent isn't good enough either.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Mitch on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:39 pm

I thought I would check in and add some thoughts---

JC's Offense:

* Good ball movement at times, but when they reverse the ball, they don't attack off the dribble, so what's the point? This is why the team doesn't get to the foul line or score points in the paint. The only players who show any kind of ability to drive the basketball are Carter, Robinson and Hicks.

* Too much wasted dribbling, especially from Carter and Robinson. JC needs to set picks to create easier entry passes.

* Any offense that involves Clifford and Diallo popping and catching and handling the ball and trying to make re-entry passes from the top of the key is not going to work. Neither is skilled enough. And neither Clifford nor Diallo can finish off the pick and roll because they don't have any body control.

* So, what to do? Keep Clifford (Diallo) on the backside block---this team desperately needs layups off drives and dishes, and, even more so, offensive rebounds. Clifford actually had a very good offensive rebound around the basket last night when he was stationed on the backside.

* What they should do is play a version of the triangle to one side with Carter (Hicks), Turner (Mesnieks) and Robinson (Barnes-Thompson), with a shooter (Milon) on the weak side wing and the center (Clifford) on the weak side block or short corner. That was when one of the three in the triangle drives to the open middle, and the weak side comes to help, Milon can spot up outside, Clifford can spot up inside and if they recover quickly on him.

* They also should set some double and staggered screen for the better shooters.

Personnel on Offense:

* Carter---I've mentioned this before, but he is not in great shape---he's still in the Florida Gator 4-5 minute shift in and out mode---which is fine because that's what JC should do with him---play him hard for 5 minutes, pull him for 3-4, and so on. You can see when Carter is gassed when he gets sloppy with the ball and he breaks down mentally, as he did ad nauseum last night. I think JC should consider moving him off the point---and let him crash the boards---the guy is a very good rebounder for his size and he is slippery. If JC continues to do nothing about offensive rebounding, this team will not win a game in the ACC.

* Clifford---working hard and is at his best when he plays low and under control. Keep him away from the perimeter and have him flash low post or set up on the backside block.

* Hicks---this guy is smooth and he is versatile. Despite his injuries, he has good body control, particularly when he drives to the hoop, and his 3 point shot is starting to look good. Solid defender as well. Plays with some much needed toughness.

* Mesnieks---he too plays very much under control and has solid skills and works hard on defense, although his defensive assignments are often overly demanding. I really think he is a good glue player---but he has to improve his rebounding. He looks to box out, which shows he understands where to start, but he needs to get a little more physical and he needs to get after the ball quicker. I really like his jump shot---he has a smooth release and good touch.

* Milon---is a little slow defensively, but is working hard to improve his feet and he looks to help from the weak side. However, he is the best shooter on the team, and the fact that teams have to guard him closely, that opens the floor up wider for the others. JC has to start having Milon come off double screens and make him a bigger threat.

* Turner---his outside shot is good, but the rest of his game is under-developed, and the worst thing is he's not hungry enough to score, because if he was, he would crash the boards and try to get some put backs. Really has to work on making his first step off the dribble explosive and when he can create a path to the hoop he has to stop picking up his dribble or develop a pull-up, mid to short range game. I've seen all the games, and I cannot recall him taking the ball hard to the goal. Would like to see him develop a baseline game off the dribble and as mentioned, crash the heck out of the boards whenever he can.

* Robinson---he's got the all-around skills that could make him a standout player, plus he has the determination. Not only do I think he could be masterful in a triangle offense, I think JC should post him up low at times. I bet you he has some post moves that may be able to get him to the foul line another 4 times a game, and his ability to pass out of a double team could increase his assist totals.

* Barnes-Thompson---does anyone know why he didn't play last night? I really like his intensity and already see some solid improvement in his ball and shooting skills. Would like to see if he can take his man off the dribble. He's got decent body strength to compensate for lack of quickness.

* Diallo---I would make things extra simple for him---stay on the weak side, only flash to an open passing lane as a pressure relief (only if needed) and bang the boards hard from the weak side. He is starting to make some strides on defense---he took a nice charge last night, for example. And he is not fouling as much.

* Owens---the one thing he was good at was driving the baseline for thunder dunks---the problem is, the current offense doesn't feature that for him and it requires him to display ball handling, motion cuts and passing skills that he does not have. he would be great playing the weak side short corner, where is his man goes to help, he could step into a passing lane, take a power dribble and flush the ball. But---to have poor ball handlers like Clifford, Diallo and Owens touching the ball on the perimeter as much as they are asked to do is a mistake.
Mitch
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:16 pm

The above is pretty good. Hicks should play more (I was right on him as one of few useful Donahue players). Mezinkas is a glue guy, not your starting PF. His shot may look good but it never goes in.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:18 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Based on the respective bodies of work, it is hard to make an objective argument that Schmidt doesn't represent an upgrade over Christian. I do agree with your assessment that after firing Donahue they should have aimed much higher than Christian or Schmidt for that matter. But they didn't--either they were too cheap or Butt Cutt is too inept to close a deal. The problem now is that we aren't simply a program that made a bad hire and is trying to correct it, as we were when we gave Don the boot. We are now a full fledged joke and raging dumpster fire and I don't think we will pony up the money necessary to land either a name or a young coach on the rise. That being the case I would rather go with a guy who is an alum and has turned a dumpster fire even worse then our current dumpster fire into a good program in the best mid-major conference then a guy who has demonstrably failed to recruit here, can't seem to motivate his players and went running ahead of the posse from the TCU job.

I don't see Schidmt as any different than JC. It's the same crappy mid-major coach who can't get talent. See Donahue, Steve.

What is my budget? Is it $1 mil and under? Because if that's the case they just forget basketball, the last however many years are a perfect example of that.

Football actually pays a market value coaching salary, so I think the chances of this new staff or whoever replaces Daz being decent are better.

Can't recruit talent. Well, except for the 1st round NBA draft pick, the kid who would have been the A-10 Freshman of the year but he broke his hand with 10 games left in the season (he is making up for that by being the A-10 player of the week twice this year) who held offers from Temple and Cincinnati, and the #2 recruit out of Canada who chose to go to school in Olean, NY over Baylor, Xavier, Marquette, Cincinnati, Dayton and Pitt. But other than that, your argument is totally valid. Again, he is doing this in Olean, NY as opposed to an elite national university, in a major city, in the premiere conference in college basketball. But yes, he and JC are the same coach.

Your Colby is showing kid and it ain't pretty.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:40 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Can't recruit talent. Well, except for the 1st round NBA draft pick, the kid who would have been the A-10 Freshman of the year but he broke his hand with 10 games left in the season (he is making up for that by being the A-10 player of the week twice this year) who held offers from Temple and Cincinnati, and the #2 recruit out of Canada who chose to go to school in Olean, NY over Baylor, Xavier, Marquette, Cincinnati, Dayton and Pitt. But other than that, your argument is totally valid. Again, he is doing this in Olean, NY as opposed to an elite national university, in a major city, in the premiere conference in college basketball. But yes, he and JC are the same coach.

Your Colby is showing kid and it ain't pretty.

When thy have to play Duke, UNC, UVA, Lville, Cuse, Pitt, ND, a top 15 Miami team, etc. let me know. I don't think JC or Schimdt are bad coaches at all, but you're going to have to find something really special to compete in the ACC.

I don't think recruiting at BC is significantly easier than St Bonnie's. JC has well paid well respected assistants and isn't getting Top 150 kids. There are academic issues, the facilities suck, AAU coaches don't like or respect BC and the team sucks.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:32 pm

Wait a minute. Did you just say that you honestly believe that it is easier to recruit to Olean, NY as opposed to Boston? Really? Have you ever been to Olean? It is a decaying town an hour and a half from the nearest airport in the middle of nowhere. It is interesting, I sat next to the family of the kid they landed from Canada--the one who had offers from at least a dozen major programs/traditional basketball powers (in case the Big East doesn't qualify as a major). His uncle said that Schmidt was relentless, energetic, engaging, etc. Heard the same thing from Jaylon Adams' grandparents. Have you ever heard anything similar about Christian? I heard precisely the opposite from a large TCU booster.

By the way, Bonnies dropped a shit hammer on UMASS today in the Mullins Center. Adams went for 24. I'll grant that UMASS is a shadow of its former self, but they did manage to pound an ACC team this year--something Jimmy Christian and Company are unlikely to achieve this year.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:40 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:...By the way, Bonnies dropped a shit hammer on UMASS today in the Mullins Center. Adams went for 24. I'll grant that UMASS is a shadow of its former self, but they did manage to pound an ACC team this year--something Jimmy Christian and Company are unlikely to achieve this year.

three point spread made that game free money
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:20 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Wait a minute. Did you just say that you honestly believe that it is easier to recruit to Olean, NY as opposed to Boston? Really? Have you ever been to Olean? It is a decaying town an hour and a half from the nearest airport in the middle of nowhere. It is interesting, I sat next to the family of the kid they landed from Canada--the one who had offers from at least a dozen major programs/traditional basketball powers (in case the Big East doesn't qualify as a major). His uncle said that Schmidt was relentless, energetic, engaging, etc. Heard the same thing from Jaylon Adams' grandparents. Have you ever heard anything similar about Christian? I heard precisely the opposite from a large TCU booster.

By the way, Bonnies dropped a shit hammer on UMASS today in the Mullins Center. Adams went for 24. I'll grant that UMASS is a shadow of its former self, but they did manage to pound an ACC team this year--something Jimmy Christian and Company are unlikely to achieve this year.

Again you're making it sound like I don't think he's a fine guy or coach. I just don't think he's winning shit in the ACC. Nor is JC. I'd probably prefer Schmidt to JC by a little bit, but I really don't think it matters. Hire a name brand coach and I'll get excited, until then win 3 ACC games and a Tuesday KO in the ACCT. Rinse, repeat.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:21 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:...By the way, Bonnies dropped a shit hammer on UMASS today in the Mullins Center. Adams went for 24. I'll grant that UMASS is a shadow of its former self, but they did manage to pound an ACC team this year--something Jimmy Christian and Company are unlikely to achieve this year.

three point spread made that game free money

BC would get crushed by that shell of itself UMass squad.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:22 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Wait a minute. Did you just say that you honestly believe that it is easier to recruit to Olean, NY as opposed to Boston? Really? Have you ever been to Olean? It is a decaying town an hour and a half from the nearest airport in the middle of nowhere. It is interesting, I sat next to the family of the kid they landed from Canada--the one who had offers from at least a dozen major programs/traditional basketball powers (in case the Big East doesn't qualify as a major). His uncle said that Schmidt was relentless, energetic, engaging, etc. Heard the same thing from Jaylon Adams' grandparents. Have you ever heard anything similar about Christian? I heard precisely the opposite from a large TCU booster.

Again you're making it sound like I don't think he's a fine guy or coach. I just don't think he's winning shit in the ACC. Nor is JC. I'd probably prefer Schmidt to JC by a little bit, but I really don't think it matters. Hire a name brand coach and I'll get excited, until then win 3 ACC games and a Tuesday KO in the ACCT. Rinse, repeat.

Not sure you are following Dick's argument. BC isn't changing its stripes anytime soon and hiring a big name coach so instead of Sister Christian why not go with Schmidt who could get more results given the circumstances. We'd all love some high flying coach but it isn't going to happen with an admistration that doesn't care about a successful basketball or football program. Schmidt's the best option in this scenario.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:01 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Not sure you are following Dick's argument. BC isn't changing its stripes anytime soon and hiring a big name coach so instead of Sister Christian why not go with Schmidt who could get more results given the circumstances. We'd all love some high flying coach but it isn't going to happen with an admistration that doesn't care about a successful basketball or football program. Schmidt's the best option in this scenario.

OK. If this is the logic then I'd appreciate BC letting me know so I can stop following the basketball program permanently. Frankly if Al wanted to come back and still had the eye for talent he'd be a better choice. Not sure his deal works as well in a 30 second shot clock era though. Schmidt getting more results is like 10-11th in the ACC?

And I disagree on football they do care because they pay Daz pretty close to market rate.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:24 pm

Bordering on the creepy here....Robinson's arms look noticeably more muscular and strong. Good to see the S&C program is working.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:47 am

Nowhere to put this but Michigan's arena was about 60-70% full tonight against Maryland. Of course they have 30k or whatever students so that section was more than full.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum