BC vs Notre Dame

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC vs Notre Dame

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Before I walk out of Conte with about 10 minutes left, this is partly a confidence/freshman problem but is mostly a talent problem.

so is that on jimmy mac or someone else? everyone had jimmy's balls on their chin earlier this year and i'm just wondering if the gag reflex kicked in or this is just micro being micro and placing the blame on the wrong culprit yet again

To be honest I'm not going to be watching anymore when they fire him so I don't really care.

Outside of Robinson, Clifford and sometimes Milon the rest of these players have serious flaws. Maybe Turner but he looks terrified.

Hope you all throw a party when he finishes 10th in the ACC when these kids are all juniors. Yay...

will you at least check in with us from time to time after you become a full board tubarection member
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Before I walk out of Conte with about 10 minutes left, this is partly a confidence/freshman problem but is mostly a talent problem.

so is that on jimmy mac or someone else? everyone had jimmy's balls on their chin earlier this year and i'm just wondering if the gag reflex kicked in or this is just micro being micro and placing the blame on the wrong culprit yet again

Gurkle gurkle!
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:42 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Gurkle gurkle!

i heard that one on rerun the other day and laughed heartily
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:45 pm

I IB'd the game. BC scored 5 points in the final 6 minutes. :|
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

To be honest I'm not going to be watching anymore when they fire him so I don't really care.

Outside of Robinson, Clifford and sometimes Milon the rest of these players have serious flaws. Maybe Turner but he looks terrified.

Hope you all throw a party when he finishes 10th in the ACC when these kids are all juniors. Yay...

will you at least check in with us from time to time after you become a full board tubarection member

Micro, you really are a miserable prick
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:22 pm

:titanic :titanic :titanic
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:52 pm

"If you're going to give that kind of effort, don't bother wasting my time"

- Jim Christian...and he is 100% correct. It's always a good sign when the HC has to apologize in the press conference for his team's lack of testicles.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:55 pm

That was not an enjoyable game. Worst news of the night?

‏@AdamFinkelstein
Brimmer & May (MA) soph A.J. Reeves is taking in the Boston College game tonight

Maybe we should just take these kids to an amusement park or the zoo or something until we can avoid embarrassing ourselves. Reeves is a beast.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:01 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:That was not an enjoyable game. Worst news of the night?

‏@AdamFinkelstein
Brimmer & May (MA) soph A.J. Reeves is taking in the Boston College game tonight

Maybe we should just take these kids to an amusement park or the zoo or something until we can avoid embarrassing ourselves. Reeves is a beast.

There was a very high profile Mass AAU coach sitting behind me at the game. He basically made fun of what a joke JC and this program is for a majority of the game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:05 pm

Hicks and Clifford played hard so we should recognize that at least.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:08 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

No I find BCI annoying. And it won't be until the end of next season when I quit EO and BC Sports.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:09 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Diallo is a 5 inch taller version of Owens

Owens can at least catch the ball.

Eh kinda sometimes...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby lobstalova on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:16 pm

12-12 from the line and Eepstein isn't going to follow anymore.

It's a W if you ask me!
lobstalova
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:18 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}: when I quit EO and BC Sports.

no you won't
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:41 am

lobstalova {l Wrote}:12-12 from the line and Eepstein isn't going to follow anymore.

It's a W if you ask me!

What would we do without your non existent contributions to this board?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:09 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:That was not an enjoyable game. Worst news of the night?

‏@AdamFinkelstein

There was a very high profile Mass AAU coach sitting behind me at the game. He basically made fun of what a joke JC and this program is for a majority of the game.

What was the AAU coach making fun of?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:25 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

‏@AdamFinkelstein

You watched the game right? Pretty much that. Both talent and the complete lack of effort.

Your head coach apologizing to the school after the game is quite a statement.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:30 am

What are people's thoughts on everyone saying we need to play zone? That sounds like a recipe for disaster to me
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:53 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:What are people's thoughts on everyone saying we need to play zone? That sounds like a recipe for disaster to me

You cannot make chicken salad out of chicken shit. :whiteflag :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:28 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:You watched the game right? Pretty much that. Both talent and the complete lack of effort.

That didn't answer my question.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:41 am

i thought hoff left sallys team?

now i see hes posting there? do i have this wrong?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby NaturalLight on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:04 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

‏@AdamFinkelstein

That AAU coach was probably pissed that Donahue didn't recruit one of his players because he didn't know what an AAU team was and therefore transitively kissing the AAU coach's weener (am i doing this right).
NaturalLight
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:26 am

NaturalLight {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

‏@AdamFinkelstein

That AAU coach was probably pissed that Donahue didn't recruit one of his players because he didn't know what an AAU team was and therefore transitively kissing the AAU coach's weener (am i doing this right).

Close, but I probably would started and probable ended with a disparaging remark about the size of eepstein's genitalia or some statement about whether Hansen should be speaking right now.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:37 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:You watched the game right? Pretty much that. Both talent and the complete lack of effort.

I'm not sure what answer you are fishing for here. We lost by 25 and should've lost by 40.

He was critical of the talent or lack thereof JC had brought in and the fact that BC looked like a mess out there. The sequence where Turner forgot how to dribble and hit Carter in the head with the pass pretty much summed it up.

JC has also spurned said AAU Coach so I have no idea why BC is comping him a ticket behind the bench.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:24 pm

If we're ever going to get out of this mess we're going to have to recruit our way out of it. JC should lay down on the ground and let the AAU coaches use him as a footstool if it will help us get some headband-wearing talent.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:35 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:If we're ever going to get out of this mess we're going to have to recruit our way out of it. JC should lay down on the ground and let the AAU coaches use him as a footstool if it will help us get some headband-wearing talent.

I don't think a straight up "out recruit the competition" is going to work so long as we have 1) Conte; 2) the Power Gym; 3) our fans; 4) school; 5) many years removed from competitive play. I think to out recruit peers you would need either 1) a big name HC (obviously didn't and probably won't happen soon); 2) shiny new facilities showing investment in the program ("); 3) to win first. I think winning on the court without straight up recruiting wins is the most likely way to succeed e.g. they need to find another under recruited superstar and get the cast around him up to ACC starter minimum.

I don't think it is very likely the 2015 class has the superstar.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:59 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I'm not sure what answer you are fishing for here. We lost by 25 and should've lost by 40.

He was critical of the talent or lack thereof JC had brought in and the fact that BC looked like a mess out there. The sequence where Turner forgot how to dribble and hit Carter in the head with the pass pretty much summed it up.

JC has also spurned said AAU Coach so I have no idea why BC is comping him a ticket behind the bench.

You really are a miserable, negative, little prick.

When they make the NCAA tournament in Robinson and Co. Junior season, I will go easy on you because I will always be cognizant that your comments are tainted due to you 'limited capacity', so to speak.

Easy there 9903 Junior
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:00 pm

Based on what the combination of Leahy and the DeFillipo-Don-Butt Cutt/JC Axis of Ineptitude have done to this program, there is very little chance that you can land a hot young coach looking to make the jump from a low mid-major. And by the way, you aren't getting someone from a high mid-major (ex. Dayton) because they have better facilities, a better fan base and better pay. The notion that Jay Wright was ever seriously considering coming here is laughable.

I have obviously been banging the Mark Schmidt drum for a while, but another year of this and he is probably the only decent candidate who would even consider it based on the fact that (a) he is an alum; (b) he is from the area; (c) he managed to clean up a similarly imploded program in a less-than desirable location so our situation probably doesn't scare him; and (d) Bonnies is one of the few places we probably can outspend; and (e) he is in his early 50s and this is probably the only way he gets to coach at a Power 5 school. The facilities are a wash, but their fan base is much better than ours
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:03 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:If we're ever going to get out of this mess we're going to have to recruit our way out of it. JC should lay down on the ground and let the AAU coaches use him as a footstool if it will help us get some headband-wearing talent.

I don't think a straight up "out recruit the competition" is going to work so long as we have 1) Conte; 2) the Power Gym; 3) our fans; 4) school; 5) many years removed from competitive play. I think to out recruit peers you would need either 1) a big name HC (obviously didn't and probably won't happen soon); 2) shiny new facilities showing investment in the program ("); 3) to win first. I think winning on the court without straight up recruiting wins is the most likely way to succeed e.g. they need to find another under recruited superstar and get the cast around him up to ACC starter minimum.

I don't think it is very likely the 2015 class has the superstar.

I agree with all of what you said and think that Christian is capable of winning should he find that superstar type that you reference. Yes, It's unlikely a superstar is not in the 2015 class, although with a mini miracle this off-season I think Robinson could develop into that ACC level star player (give it 6.66% odds). If Robinson doesn't develop into a star, I am confident that Robinson, Turner and Diallo will develop into ACC starters with Milon and Meznieks being solid role players. As things stand now, with the addition of Graves to the starting lineup next year, we are at the most, 1 diamond in the rough away from being a tournament team.

In summation, I am still accepting ticket requests for JC's 2018 North Station Express. Heppy, you need not apply.

I'm curious what you saw out of Turner and Diallo last night to make you feel good about them starting next year. I was impressed when Turner passed Carter the ball like it was a grenade. Garland Owens Jr's understanding of how to defend the pick and roll was also awesome, he only was 30 feet away from Auguste.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:05 pm

NaturalLight {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

‏@AdamFinkelstein

this is a good post and you should feel good about it
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum