Duke

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Duke

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:42 pm

Duke -16.5.

I will depressingly be in the building, BC is going to get rocked
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Duke

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:33 pm

We'll see. They will lose soundly but I bet it is closer longer than you think
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:14 pm

Maybe they'll turn the lights on for this game.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:We'll see. They will lose soundly but I bet it is closer longer than you think

Like 95-65 feels about right. I have a 7:15 dinner reservation at Season 52 so if you're going to get rocketshipped just do it quickly so I can leave
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:48 am

Serious line movement towards BC down to -14. Seems odd
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:54 am

Hope everyone enjoyed that thrilling OT win over mighty UNH because it's the last W this team will see until February unless they pull a substantial upset somewhere.

They should be 8+ point 'dogs in every game until the trip to Clemson on 2/17.

Duke by as many as ratface wants today.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:03 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Hope everyone enjoyed that thrilling OT win over mighty UNH because it's the last W this team will see until February unless they pull a substantial upset somewhere.

They should be 8+ point 'dogs in every game until the trip to Clemson on 2/17.

Duke by as many as ratface wants today.

We're going to make Plumlee look like an ACC Center for one afternoon
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:05 pm

Cluster fuck doesn't begin to describe traffic around campus right now
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:03 pm

Grayson Allen looks like a young and athletic Ted Cruz. Bomb the sand until it glows!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Bender on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:05 pm

Refs were giving this game the Duke treatment early, I found five of the six fouls against BC to be questionable. Plus they actually reviewed the play where Grayson Allen fell on his own to see if it was a flagrant foul.

Nice to only be down 2 but if Duke were actually hitting the open 3s we'd be screwed.

Ballhandling was atrocious when Carter was sitting, to the point where they couldn't get into any offense without a turnover.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:16 pm

Bender {l Wrote}:Refs were giving this game the Duke treatment early, I found five of the six fouls against BC to be questionable. Plus they actually reviewed the play where Grayson Allen fell on his own to see if it was a flagrant foul.

Nice to only be down 2 but if Duke were actually hitting the open 3s we'd be screwed.

Ballhandling was atrocious when Carter was sitting, to the point where they couldn't get into any offense without a turnover.

They called 8 consecutive fouls on BC. It really is like watching WWE referees. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:16 pm

This is about what I expected.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:22 pm

I don't know what to make of Carter.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:23 pm

I want either Grayson Allen or Luke kennard to take a diallo elbow through his nose, either will do.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:24 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I want either Grayson Allen or Luke kennard to take a diallo elbow through his nose, either will do.

There's always at least one on Duke
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:28 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I want either Grayson Allen or Luke kennard to take a diallo elbow through his nose, either will do.

It's funny I didn't care whether they suffered serious injury for the first ten minutes but then when the duke calls started coming and they smugly stepped to the line 70 times, I did.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:32 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I don't know what to make of Carter.

I get the feeling he'll help lose more of the handful of games BC has a chance of winning than he will help win.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:37 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:

I get the feeling he'll help lose more of the handful of games BC has a chance of winning than he will help win.

He won the UNH game by himself, he has more than half our points today, and he's the only player other than Robinson who doesn't act like he's holding a radioactive bag of bees when someone passes him the ball. Also, 0 shot attempts for Turner in the first half. Someone put SBT's brain in Turner's head.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:48 pm

Coach K needs to lay off the shoe polish.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Iggle on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:58 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Carter just had a real nice two point pass to Diallo as well. While Carter isn't perfect, without him on this team I don't see us winning another game.

Even in the bit of the UNH game that I was able to watch he would seemingly alternate possessions where he would take an atrocious NBA range 3 early in the shot clock or force a bad midrange jumper without even looking to pass with really great moves to the basket or good passes. There was a fleeting moment I had before the season where I thought he would pretty much replace Hanlan straight up but that's pretty far off. I think he's probably ultimately a positive on the team (and has gotten much better from the beginning of the season) but... he's not much fun for me to watch, which is all I'm looking for at this point. "Frustrating" is an apt description

also this game is blacked out in NYC and none of my usual secondary streams are running the game.

also also, fuck duke.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:02 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

He won the UNH game by himself, he has more than half our points today, and he's the only player other than Robinson who doesn't act like he's holding a radioactive bag of bees when someone passes him the ball. Also, 0 shot attempts for Turner in the first half. Someone put SBT's brain in Turner's head.

Carter just had a real nice two point pass to Diallo as well. While Carter isn't perfect, without him on this team I don't see us winning another game.

Right now Clifford (4/8, 1/1) has similar stats as Carter (6/13, 1/2) as does Robinson (3/7. 2/2). Carter heaves it up more.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:06 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

Carter just had a real nice two point pass to Diallo as well. While Carter isn't perfect, without him on this team I don't see us winning another game.

Right now Clifford (4/8, 1/1) has similar stats as Carter (6/13, 1/2) as does Robinson (3/7. 2/2). Carter heaves it up more.

Did I miss your point, or did you just randomly post three players shooting stats? Carter was brought in to heave it up more. Everyone else is either a freshman, isn't a scorer, or is injured like Clifford.

You whiffed.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Carter just had a real nice two point pass to Diallo as well. While Carter isn't perfect, without him on this team I don't see us winning another game.

Even in the bit of the UNH game that I was able to watch he would seemingly alternate possessions where he would take an atrocious NBA range 3 early in the shot clock or force a bad midrange jumper without even looking to pass with really great moves to the basket or good passes. There was a fleeting moment I had before the season where I thought he would pretty much replace Hanlan straight up but that's pretty far off. I think he's probably ultimately a positive on the team (and has gotten much better from the beginning of the season) but... he's not much fun for me to watch, which is all I'm looking for at this point. "Frustrating" is an apt description

also this game is blacked out in NYC and none of my usual secondary streams are running the game.

also also, fuck duke.

The game was on MSG+ home of the Islanders and Devils here in fun city. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Iggle on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:01 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Iggle {l Wrote}:

also also, fuck duke.

The game was on MSG+ home of the Islanders and Devils here in fun city. :ace

yeah, I figured it was on MSG+ or YES around here but I stopped paying for cable since there are only a handful of games like this one that I can't stream or I'm not watching at a bar
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:10 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:

I thought BC played fine if you look past the massive gap in talent and the fact that we got screwed by the refs all over the court.

Your post is dead on correct though. I sat courtside and when you're that close, you realize Carter has no choice but to chuck it at the rim because no one else will do anything with the basketball. Outside of Carter, Robinson and Clifford, I can't get much of a feel for anyone else on the court, including a Turner, because when they get the ball they pass it back to Carter as fast as they can. Turner drives me nuts, you're good and should be shooting 10 times per game minimum. I like SBT, at least he'll shoot the ball and he played okay defense today.

Mezinkas was horrible out there today. When his shot isn't falling, and his shots today missed the rim by a combined 9 or so feet, he's useless. Anytime Duke needed a basket they'd go to Ingram who was both bigger and faster. It's not his fault at all and I much prefer him to Owens, but the only way this team takes the next step is finding a real PF who's not 6'5" and is athletic. Maybe Sagay.

The compete level was good today but this offense goes into a death spiral when Carter's teammates decide they're terrified.

Feel like a broken record but Clifford was very good and played angry which was nice.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:17 pm

Forgot to mention the Zooperstars looked like something EO invented.

We are also beating ND Thursday Night for ACC win #1
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:18 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Forgot to mention the Zooperstars looked like something EO invented.

I am convinced that the "Mackerel Jordan" Zoopstar was the reason for two missed Duke free throws coming out of that tv timeout. Those Duke players were so confused by a fish mascot eating a man alive, regurgitating his clothes, and then the guy escaping in just his boxers and sprinting off court...probably the best aspect of our home court advantage
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:29 pm

2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Forgot to mention the Zooperstars looked like something EO invented.

I am convinced that the "Mackerel Jordan" Zoopstar was the reason for two missed Duke free throws coming out of that tv timeout. Those Duke players were so confused by a fish mascot eating a man alive, regurgitating his clothes, and then the guy escaping in just his boxers and sprinting off court...probably the best aspect of our home court advantage

This.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:57 pm

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:16 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:

agreed.

he might not be available to receive said elbow from us
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George