Official fire JC thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official fire JC thread

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:52 am

“There’s no bright side,” Christian said. “We lost. They should have executed and played better. There’s no bright side to that.

“I mean, we had the game in hand, just didn’t make plays. Same way we lost the other games. Frustrating – wide-open 3s, blown switches, things that we thought we had corrected.

oy vey
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:59 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:“There’s no bright side,” Christian said. “We lost. They should have executed and played better. There’s no bright side to that.

“I mean, we had the game in hand, just didn’t make plays. Same way we lost the other games. Frustrating – wide-open 3s, blown switches, things that we thought we had corrected.

oy vey

serious snark free question, in light of the "we though we had corrected" is that a bad statement?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:13 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:“There’s no bright side,” Christian said. “We lost. They should have executed and played better. There’s no bright side to that.

oy vey

serious snark free question, in light of the "we though we had corrected" is that a bad statement?

I don't think so.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:15 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

oy vey

We'd have to see how he answered the question, but if someone asked something and all he said was:

“We lost. They should have executed and played better. There’s no bright side to that."

I'm not a huge fan of it.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:17 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

oy vey

I'm fine with criticizing players when they suck. That's what he's doing.

I'm just waiting for Militant, Caddilac, HJS and the rest of the crew of idiots to come out and knock the coach for lobbing his team under the bus in the press conference.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:20 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:“We had a bunch of guys playing out of position. We had no time because all of this stuff happened over the course of last night. So, that hurt. We played pretty much all freshmen. Irregardless of that, you’ve still got to execute and play.”

Was the quote.

The best part of that quote is the IRREGARDLESS

Oh boy. It is like he is taunting EO with that. :ace

Seriously... I was expecting him to go right at TRE after that line.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:23 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

oy vey

I'm just waiting for Militant, Caddilac, HJS and the rest of the crew of idiots to come out and knock the coach for lobbing his team under the bus in the press conference.

That's some really light bus chucking in the grand scheme of things. It even acknowledged coaching failure. I'm not hugely optimistic about any of this, but I feel like we read TOB/spaz into a lot of post game coach speak now.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:28 am

I love how the team is freshman levels of stupid and loses to bad opponents as a result, and now everyone wasn't a fan of the recruits and doesn't think they are ACC caliber.

This team has a ton of talent. They are young and basketball-dumb. And they don't really have a PG - and the guy they do have playing there, they expect to bail them out.

None of which justifies some of these losses, just thought everyone understood this shit was going to happen.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:34 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I love how the team is freshman levels of stupid and loses to bad opponents as a result, and now everyone wasn't a fan of the recruits and doesn't think they are ACC caliber.

This team has a ton of talent. They are young and basketball-dumb. And they don't really have a PG - and the guy they do have playing there, they expect to bail them out.

None of which justifies some of these losses, just thought everyone understood this shit was going to happen.

Yep, although id like to see more tangible steps forward with the talent just for not going crazy's sake
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:38 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I love how the team is freshman levels of stupid and loses to bad opponents as a result, and now everyone wasn't a fan of the recruits and doesn't think they are ACC caliber.

Yep, although id like to see more tangible steps forward with the talent just for not going crazy's sake

Agree. In hindsight, the one player I question bringing in is not one of the freshman, but the thought was good at the time, and they were desperate. Maybe that will straighten itself out (on the court - I don't know about what 25Gerald was mentioning) and solve a lot of issues.

Piss poor defense is a hallmark of freshman-heavy teams.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:39 am

I think it's fair to ask whether a team can go from losing to UML and Santa Clara to going .500 next year.

The fact I'm seeing the team regressing is the scariest part in my book. With a healthy team they win that game yesterday going away.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:42 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Playing a competitive game Wednesday Night would make me feel better. I think after last year PC is going to be out for blood which will result in some sort of 95-50 type score.

I assume Carter isn't playing and I assume the rest of the guys will be far less than 100%
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:25 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

oy vey

Before the season started, we all knew there would be some bad lows with 10 non-McDonald's All-American freshmen. I think some people need to do the "21-day No Complaint Experiment." All of this complaining and misery is bad for your health.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:45 am

When Militant is on the same page with me, something is wrong.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:46 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

oy vey

Before the season started, we all knew there would be some bad lows with 10 non-McDonald's All-American freshmen. I think some people need to do the "21-day No Complaint Experiment." All of this complaining and misery is bad for your health.

You didn't address the question.

Sorry for complaining to losing to UML....in basketball!
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:04 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

oy vey

You didn't address the question.

Sorry for complaining to losing to UML....in basketball!

I actually went to the game yesterday and was surprisingly indifferent about the loss. They missed Clifford and Carter and the rest of the team didn't have any energy. As for the JC quotes, I don't really care.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Fire Jimmy Mac

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:48 pm

All you need to know about Christian is that he sucked at TCU and by virtue of his complete lack of recruiting, they actually got worse for the two years after he departed because he left the cupboard completely empty. I continue to be baffled by Bates decision--once he resolved to go the mid-major route--how he selected Christian over Mark Schmidt. It is simply astonishing and proof that Bates needs to be canned.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:58 pm

BCEagle25: Not to hurt your feelings, but who is that speaking, you or the dummy?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:57 am

A. It was 5 am jhiggi, jesus christ.

B. You don't need to give attribution to Tropic Thunder quotes around here.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:11 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:A. It was 5 am jhiggi, jesus christ.

he was totally pooping
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:43 am

You get up at 5 am to memorize John Boehner's catch phrases?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:18 pm

I give you an A for effort, so you have that going for you, which is nice, I think. Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:27 pm

Sorry, prefer Camus.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:51 pm

wait, higgi works for ryan in DC?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:33 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:wait, higgi works for ryan in DC?

He's definitely on that side of the Hill, but no, he was doing a shtick where he mimics politicians.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:13 am

Went to the Eagle Bank Arena last night and watched Bonnies drub George Mason by 19 on the road. They did so, despite the fact that their leading scorer going into last night's game played a terrible game--was in foul trouble and finished with 8 pts. Now granted, Mason is bad. I think their new coach, who took Bucknell to a few NCAAs and a Sweet 16, will turn it around, but the damage Paul Hewitt did will take a few years to reverse. With that said, I can state unequivocally that Bonnies PG, (Sophomore) Jaylen Adams (out of Mount St, Joseph in Baltimore) and Nelson Caputo SF (Freshman out of St. Mike's in Toronto) are both better basketball players and more physically talented then any of our allegedly talented underclassmen. They also don't look terrified when they are called upon to make big plays--Adams was the A-10 player of the week last week and this week.

It still boggles my mind that Butt Cutt hired Christian over an alum who resurrected what was a dead program and has managed to recruits some NBA-caliber talent to Olean (Nicholson and Ndoye). Particularly when said alum could have been had for peanuts. Absolutely mystifying.

As an added bonus, Bonnies has a sophmore and a junior out of St. Thomas More (Denzel Gregg) and Cushing Academy (Idris Taqqee) who are either starting or logging major minutes. Neither guy is the sort of talent that Adams or Caputo appear to be, but Gregg--the sophomore--would have little trouble logging major minutes for us and Taqqee--a big, heady guard who plays ferocious defense and grabs a lot of rebounds--would be more useful than most of the schmucks The Don brought in.

It is just astonishing what has happened to our program. Astonishing.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:54 pm

You have my signoff to fire this moron.

I quit you all enjoy the rest of the season.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:58 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I quit you all enjoy the rest of the season.

:chewbanka
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:01 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

You win. Feel free to celebrate your alma matter embarrassing itself once every 3 or 4 days
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:12 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

You win. Feel free to celebrate your alma matter embarrassing itself once every 3 or 4 days

:chewbanka :chewbanka
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum