Official fire JC thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official fire JC thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:00 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
he may not be making much in comparison to the p5 market but he's also not at the bottom of the list for compensation. he's pretty near the bottom of the list for performance.

His previous job was not in the ACC. Hard to get angry about this.

take the comparison of previous location out of the equation. he's the suckiest performer in the p5 but he isn't paid as the suckiest

meh - whatever, i don't care. much like slaughter, i don't like jimmy mac... never have
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:03 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
he may not be making much in comparison to the p5 market but he's also not at the bottom of the list for compensation. he's pretty near the bottom of the list for performance.

His previous job was not in the ACC. Hard to get angry about this.

take the comparison of previous location out of the equation. he's the suckiest performer in the p5 but he isn't paid as the suckiest

meh - whatever, i don't care. much like slaughter, i don't like jimmy mac... never have

Are we counting Eddie Jordan here or not?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:44 am

lobstalova {l Wrote}:guy makes a lot of money

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2016/4/26 ... -2014-2015

I like the last paragraph of the article where hockeyruption goes full-sycophant.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby sparky on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:32 am

Looks like last year's success netted him an extension https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status ... 2018944000
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:42 am

sparky {l Wrote}:Looks like last year's success netted him an extension https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status ... 2018944000

Fire Brad Bates. Fire Brad Bates, immediately. No excuse for this whatsoever.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:54 am

BC really does have zero standards. Holy shit.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:55 am

Bates took the red pill.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby sparky on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:57 am

I am not rooting against the guy, but even if you were Christian's biggest defender, I can't see defending this.
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:33 pm

I will make up two arguments although I don't support either:

1) Spinelli or Heath would leave without the assurance of the extra year for the HC;

2) Bates is concerned Christian would turn tail and return to the MAC, again.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:34 pm

This is the extension-for-recruiting-purposes that worked so incredibly well for GDF and Spaz.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:38 pm

Bates suffering from confirmation bias? Bates doesn't want to embarrass himself with another coaching search lest it make him look bad when he's looking for a new job next year? Fogler has pictures of Bates, caught mid-render?

:shrug :shrug :shrug :shrug
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:56 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Bates suffering from confirmation bias? Bates doesn't want to embarrass himself with another coaching search lest it make him look bad when he's looking for a new job next year? Fogler has pictures of Bates, caught mid-render?

Can someone explain to me what exactly Fogler did? Shouldn't the AD know who he wants to talk with and hire. Is that not his job?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:42 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Bates suffering from confirmation bias? Bates doesn't want to embarrass himself with another coaching search lest it make him look bad when he's looking for a new job next year? Fogler has pictures of Bates, caught mid-render?

Can someone explain to me what exactly Fogler did? Shouldn't the AD know who he wants to talk with and hire. Is that not his job?

Fogler did all the shit Bates was supposed to do.

No, really. Bates didn't even have to pick up the phone. Here is a list of shit one of Fogler's competitors do as detailed in an ESPN article a few years ago:

• Handling all calls inquiring about the coaching vacancy

• Reviewing its database with search committee members and providing all members with a private log-in to access the database remotely

• Contacting coaches or agents to request interviews

• Arranging for travel and accommodations for candidates who will be interviewed

• Conducting public records searches -- credit, criminal and motor vehicle reports -- of all candidates

• Confirming academic degrees

• Receiving a signed statement from candidates confirming information and affirming that nothing else need be disclosed

• Negotiating a contract on behalf of the university

• Receiving signed terms of an agreement from the coaching candidate and all parties before the introductory news conference

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... -athletics
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:47 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This is the extension-for-recruiting-purposes that worked so incredibly well for GDF and Spaz.

this is my exact thought. it's the only way we can recruit simmons away from the ivies
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:15 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This is the extension-for-recruiting-purposes that worked so incredibly well for GDF and Spaz.

Something else that would help for recruiting purposes: winning a conference game
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:38 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Fogler did all the shit Bates was supposed to do.

No, really. Bates didn't even have to pick up the phone. Here is a list of shit one of Fogler's competitors do as detailed in an ESPN article a few years ago:

• Handling all calls inquiring about the coaching vacancy

• Reviewing its database with search committee members and providing all members with a private log-in to access the database remotely

• Contacting coaches or agents to request interviews

• Arranging for travel and accommodations for candidates who will be interviewed

• Conducting public records searches -- credit, criminal and motor vehicle reports -- of all candidates

• Confirming academic degrees

• Receiving a signed statement from candidates confirming information and affirming that nothing else need be disclosed

• Negotiating a contract on behalf of the university

• Receiving signed terms of an agreement from the coaching candidate and all parties before the introductory news conference

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... -athletics

Then what exactly is the AD doing?

I clearly need to get into athletics administration
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:02 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

based on the news story i saw you on years ago, you do not have a buttcut and therefore do not qualify for this position
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:43 pm

this is my exact thought. it's the only way we can recruit simmons away from the ivies

The only real significance of this news is that Bates won't be hiring anymore head basketball coaches at BC... which is a good thing.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:44 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

based on the news story i saw you on years ago, you do not have a buttcut and therefore do not qualify for this position

Haha I almost forgot about that.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:14 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:GWU fired lonergan 2 months after opening an investigation into him being verbally abusive. I guess 13 players transferred from the program over 5 years. So it looks like he won't be replacing JC

Apparently all his gay players hated the homophobic slurs
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:26 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:GWU fired lonergan 2 months after opening an investigation into him being verbally abusive. I guess 13 players transferred from the program over 5 years. So it looks like he won't be replacing JC

Apparently all his gay players hated the homophobic slurs

Marfo back in play?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:26 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:Lovie Smith is a loser land no improvement for the recepticable that is U Illinois

Lovie Smith is a horrific hire. Coming from a life long Bucs fan.

Coming from a lifelong Bears fan and someone who has a degree from Illinois, I'd be happy with the hire. He did a pretty good job with the Bears and if he ever had a real quarterback, he'd have won that SuperBowl, The Glazers and Bucs and therefore you are losers.

That Lovie Smith hire is working out swell for Illinois.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:48 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:Lovie Smith is a loser land no improvement for the recepticable that is U Illinois

Coming from a lifelong Bears fan and someone who has a degree from Illinois, I'd be happy with the hire. He did a pretty good job with the Bears and if he ever had a real quarterback, he'd have won that SuperBowl, The Glazers and Bucs and therefore you are losers.

It is year 1, give it some time. It's not like he took over at Michigan that was loaded with talent. Beckman was a hack and left cupboard empty!!!
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:36 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

It is year 1, give it some time. It's not like he took over at Michigan that was loaded with talent. Beckman was a hack and left cupboard empty!!!

Once they finish this thing at 2-10 he will leave or be forced out, or so is the rumor that is circulating
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:01 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Once they finish this thing at 2-10 he will leave or be forced out, or so is the rumor that is circulating

No he won't, you're a stupid idiot.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

No he won't, you're a stupid idiot.

This made me laugh.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:25 pm

Bumping this.

This guy needs to be fired at the end of this season.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:15 pm

Talked to a former athletic department employee who now works at a far more highly respected athletic department. The Christian hire is even worse than I was originally lead to believe and Fogler and Bates ought to be beaten with a bag of soda cans for making a hire that both were warned against by people to whom they should have listened. Money quote "he was hiring out of the MAC no matter what."
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:38 pm

i find it hard to believe that somebody from our athletic department in the last 10 years has found his or her way to a more respected athletic department
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:12 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i find it hard to believe that somebody from our athletic department in the last 10 years has found his or her way to a more respected athletic department

If you've ever dealt with these people, it's this.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum