Official fire JC thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Official fire JC thread

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:17 pm

When you lose to UML it's time to admit that going cheap hiring JC was a major mistake. There are no excuses for the loss and no chance he will ever be successful at BC. Time to move on.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Re: Official fire JC thread

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:30 pm

He isn't going to last here long.

Having said that the few players he had today apparently looked like they were going to die on the court from sickness.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bender on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:31 pm

Is there any indication that if they fire JC they won't just hire someone else on the cheap? I was never thrilled with him as a hire but firing him now seems a little unfair given what he inherited, I'm not as high on the freshmen as some people on this board but I think it's safe to say that when they're seniors they would never lose to teams like Santa Clara or UMass-Lowell. If they fire him we probably lose a couple freshmen and maybe all the recruits, plus the instability would probably make recruiting harder and hiring the next coach would probably become more difficult because they already want to hire guys on the cheap anyway.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby longdistanceeagle on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:31 pm

He probably should have recruited better free throw shooters who don't go to Chipotle.
longdistanceeagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:45 pm

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:He probably should have recruited better free throw shooters who don't go to Chipotle.

Please don't try to defend your boy losing to UMass Lowell.

I like you as a poster.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Bender {l Wrote}:Is there any indication that if they fire JC they won't just hire someone else on the cheap? I was never thrilled with him as a hire but firing him now seems a little unfair given what he inherited, I'm not as high on the freshmen as some people on this board but I think it's safe to say that when they're seniors they would never lose to teams like Santa Clara or UMass-Lowell. If they fire him we probably lose a couple freshmen and maybe all the recruits, plus the instability would probably make recruiting harder and hiring the next coach would probably become more difficult because they already want to hire guys on the cheap anyway.

They're not firing him in Year 2. He will get fired at the end of Year 4.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:He probably should have recruited better free throw shooters who don't go to Chipotle.

Please don't try to defend your boy losing to UMass Lowell.

I like you as a poster.

I, too, like you as a poster. Umass Lowell shot poorly from the free throw line and they shot 56 percent to the Eagles 53 percent. You might want to let a day go by and let this one marinate before you comment. Just a friendly suggestion.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:26 pm

Leahy needs to realize that BC needs to hire a top level coach who will immediately attract recruits. Villanova coach was worth the money for example. Losing to UML is fucking unbelievable and totally unacceptable!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Guys something is wrong with eagle keeper. He hasn't mentioned Leahy and the BOT once here.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bobcarrington on Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:37 pm

Bender {l Wrote}:Is there any indication that if they fire JC they won't just hire someone else on the cheap? I was never thrilled with him as a hire but firing him now seems a little unfair given what he inherited, I'm not as high on the freshmen as some people on this board but I think it's safe to say that when they're seniors they would never lose to teams like Santa Clara or UMass-Lowell. If they fire him we probably lose a couple freshmen and maybe all the recruits, plus the instability would probably make recruiting harder and hiring the next coach would probably become more difficult because they already want to hire guys on the cheap anyway.

I was hugely disappointed by the Christian hire, but I actually thought he did a very good job last year as a game coach -- getting a lot more out of a crappy team than his predecessor ever did.

But I'm not at all sold on him as a recruiter. I know the conventional wisdom here is that this year's frosh have a ton of ACC talent -- but I don't see it. It seems to me (admittedly early on) that they've got one bona fide guy who can play well in the ACC (Robinson), one guy who should grow into such a player (Turner) and a bunch of guys who should never be more than bench players on a good team. Reyes looked great today, but he was like 6 inches bigger than anyone UML put on the floor. I hope I'm wrong, but I think if JC ever has a team at BC that can have even a winning record in the ACC, it's gonna have to have at least three starters on it who are not yet on campus.
bobcarrington
n00b

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:44 pm

The team was very very obviously going to be awful this year and that was clear from the day JC was hired. Starting next year is when the team has to show improvement, and they need to get steadily better until they can go .500 ACC. Failure to meet these conditions is what will get JC fired. I will point out once again, however, that aside from the apparent upgrade in athleticism and the optimism from certain board members notwithstanding, JC is not recruiting at a higher level than Don did his first two years. It all fell apart for Don after the Hanlan/Rahon recruiting class when the team failed to get better and he became unable to pull good recruits - for reasons that have been rehashed many times. Will JC follow the same trajectory? Too early for me to say.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Losing to a terrible team stunk, the way we lost stunk and Christian might be terrible, but this thread and eaglekeeper are the worst.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:19 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:The team was very very obviously going to be awful this year and that was clear from the day JC was hired. Starting next year is when the team has to show improvement, and they need to get steadily better until they can go .500 ACC. Failure to meet these conditions is what will get JC fired. I will point out once again, however, that aside from the apparent upgrade in athleticism and the optimism from certain board members notwithstanding, JC is not recruiting at a higher level than Don did his first two years. It all fell apart for Don after the Hanlan/Rahon recruiting class when the team failed to get better and he became unable to pull good recruits - for reasons that have been rehashed many times. Will JC follow the same trajectory? Too early for me to say.

- The recruiting is much better than Donahue. These kids had offers from other ACC schools. A BU assistant told me he wouldn't touch numerous kids Donahue recruited.
- The recruiting is still not at an above 8th place level ACC team.
- The Donahue regime fell apart with that god awful Daniels, Jackson, Heckmann class. I could tell he was screwed by halftime of that UNH game. The athleticism was astoundingly bad.
- JC gets a D this year and he's teetering towards a F. He's screwing this team up and it has regressed in the past month
- They're not going .500 next year. I fail to see how you're going from losing to UML and Santa Clara to beating ACC teams. I still think there's something goofy going on with this team and Carter.

Hire MAC coaches for less than $1 million and don't be surprised when you get these results.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:41 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:The team was very very obviously going to be awful this year and that was clear from the day JC was hired. Starting next year is when the team has to show improvement, and they need to get steadily better until they can go .500 ACC. Failure to meet these conditions is what will get JC fired. I will point out once again, however, that aside from the apparent upgrade in athleticism and the optimism from certain board members notwithstanding, JC is not recruiting at a higher level than Don did his first two years. It all fell apart for Don after the Hanlan/Rahon recruiting class when the team failed to get better and he became unable to pull good recruits - for reasons that have been rehashed many times. Will JC follow the same trajectory? Too early for me to say.

So should we give it 50 games?
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:44 pm

2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

So should we give it 50 games?

we're going to either way.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

- The recruiting is much better than Donahue. These kids had offers from other ACC schools. A BU assistant told me he wouldn't touch numerous kids Donahue recruited.
- The Donahue regime fell apart with that god awful Daniels, Jackson, Heckmann class. I could tell he was screwed by halftime of that UNH game. The athleticism was astoundingly bad.
- JC gets a D this year and he's teetering towards a F. He's screwing this team up and it has regressed in the past month
- They're not going .500 next year. I fail to see how you're going from losing to UML and Santa Clara to beating ACC teams. I still think there's something goofy going on with this team and Carter.

Hire MAC coaches for less than $1 million and don't be surprised when you get these results.

Don's first class had Anderson, an all ACC player, and Heck and Clifford, who were serviceable. The second class had Hanlan, an all ACC player, and Rahon, who was serviceable. If Don kept bringing in 1 all ACC type a year and 1 or 2 serviceable players a year, he would have been absolutely fine. His problem was 1. he was building the roster from absolutely zero after his first year and thus depending way too heavily on freshmen (JC has exact same problem), and 2. after the Hanlan class he brought in Owens/Hicks/Magarity the next year (major whiff) and then nobody at all the next year (you're fired). JC hasn't screwed up the way Donahue did by failing to hire assistants who can recruit, which is a plus, but the "come play at the BC turnaround" pitch is going to start to fall flat when we lose 20+ games.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:14 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Don's first class had Anderson, an all ACC player, and Heck and Clifford, who were serviceable. The second class had Hanlan, an all ACC player, and Rahon, who was serviceable. If Don kept bringing in 1 all ACC type a year and 1 or 2 serviceable players a year, he would have been absolutely fine. His problem was 1. he was building the roster from absolutely zero after his first year and thus depending way too heavily on freshmen (JC has exact same problem), and 2. after the Hanlan class he brought in Owens/Hicks/Magarity the next year (major whiff) and then nobody at all the next year (you're fired). JC hasn't screwed up the way Donahue did by failing to hire assistants who can recruit, which is a plus, but the "come play at the BC turnaround" pitch is going to start to fall flat when we lose 20+ games.

Heckmann, Clifford and Rahon were and are not serviceable in the ACC.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:25 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

So you're on record as saying Milon, SBT, and Reyes are "ACC players" but Heck, Clifford, and Rahon were/are not. This is either blind faith or revisionist history...

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Leahy needs to realize that BC needs to hire a top level coach who will immediately attract recruits. Villanova coach was worth the money for example. Losing to UML is fucking unbelievable and totally unacceptable!

Was the chance we fill in the corners of Conte forum?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:43 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

So you're on record as saying Milon, SBT, and Reyes are "ACC players" but Heck, Clifford, and Rahon were/are not. This is either blind faith or revisionist history...

You're comparing upperclassmen to freshman. If you're starting anyone on that list your ACC basketball team is going to blow.

I'm concerned about Milon, Mezinkas and SBT. They have no clue how to play defense.

You could very well be right on the talent aspect, but these kids have way more upside than like Daniels, Jackson nightmare experiment. Talent doesn't always manifest itself, it's certainly not at the moment. I'd be fine with this season if you took out UML and Santa Clara.

I'm assuming no one is going to be near 100% for Wednesday. Providence may beat us by 50.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:01 pm

My only concern is what is in the best interest of BC. On the hockey team bus our motto is on proud display. Ever to Excel. Our hockey program symbolizes that motto. I expect our football and basketball programs to strive to meet that goal and I have no sympathy for well paid coaches and administrators who either do not believe or are incompetent and I have no patience to give 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances, to make excuses for or to be PC in my treatment of them.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:11 am

Ah yes let the throwing of the players under the bus begin by JC:

"THEY need to execute and play better". Straight out of the Boston Globe.

YOU need to recruit better JC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:33 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Ah yes let the throwing of the players under the bus begin by JC:

"THEY need to execute and play better". Straight out of the Boston Globe.

YOU need to recruit better JC

oh my gosh, did he really say that?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:34 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Leahy needs to realize that BC needs to hire a top level coach who will immediately attract recruits. Villanova coach was worth the money for example. Losing to UML is fucking unbelievable and totally unacceptable!

This is it, to revive this program, you are going to need a name coach with the ability to recruit kids that may not otherwise get in. Whiffing on the Nova coach was a HUGE mistake. He could have given us resp[respectability in 1 day. If you dont want to be competitive just tell us and we wont worry about basketball anymore.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:41 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

This is it, to revive this program, you are going to need a name coach with the ability to recruit kids that may not otherwise get in. Whiffing on the Nova coach was a HUGE mistake. He could have given us resp[respectability in 1 day. If you dont want to be competitive just tell us and we wont worry about basketball anymore.

BC did tell you. You just didn't listen
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:23 am

“We had a bunch of guys playing out of position. We had no time because all of this stuff happened over the course of last night. So, that hurt. We played pretty much all freshmen. Irregardless of that, you’ve still got to execute and play.”

Was the quote.

The best part of that quote is the IRREGARDLESS
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:29 am

Jimmy Mac wasn't a good hire, but if you are determining whether you think he should / shouldn't be fired based on this one game, you have a problem.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:32 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:“We had a bunch of guys playing out of position. We had no time because all of this stuff happened over the course of last night. So, that hurt. We played pretty much all freshmen. Irregardless of that, you’ve still got to execute and play.”

Was the quote.

Oh boy. It is like he is taunting EO with that. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:33 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:“We had a bunch of guys playing out of position. We had no time because all of this stuff happened over the course of last night. So, that hurt. We played pretty much all freshmen. Irregardless of that, you’ve still got to execute and play.”

Was the quote.

Scroll down more in the article, that is not the quote I was referencing.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:43 am

Jim Christian is a solid coach. There was no leadership or experience on that court. I will, out of blind faith, give him the benefit of the doubt
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum