UCI thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

UCI thread

Postby wildcat81 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:15 am

Interesting matchup they have a 7"6" center.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Re: UCI thread

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:58 am

Varies between a PK and UCI -4.

If youre an ACC team you should really beat UCI.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:41 pm

wildcat81 {l Wrote}:Interesting matchup they have a 7"6" center.

And he weighs 300 lbs.

Clifford couldn't stop Ndiaye at 200%.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:00 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
wildcat81 {l Wrote}:Interesting matchup they have a 7"6" center.

And he weighs 300 lbs.

Clifford couldn't stop Ndiaye at 200%.

Except that Ndiaye is really bad at basketball
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Not that we look good, but UCI looks really fucking good for a Big West team
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:16 pm

This sis bad
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:20 pm

They went to the tourney last year
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby footer20 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:32 pm

Turning this off. As I expected, UCI is very good and very big. They gave Louisville huge fits in the tourney last year.

I would like to see a much more concerned effort to get Milon in places to shoot and Robinson in P&R plays in the future.

Clifford tries hard but he hurts on offense. He's allergic to the rim and drifts on screen and rolls. Everytime their center stepped up to the guard all he had to do was roll to the block and he had points.

Garland Owens plays absolutely no defense. Best can score on him whenever he wants. In fact, Owens doesn't shoot well, defend well, rebound well, or dribble well. I was never a fan of him (when others were) but it hurts that he hasn't progressed a bit.
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby wildcat81 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:41 pm

BC can win this game, got to play some great D.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby Bunratty on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Currently incapable of even playing average D.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby lobstalova on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:53 pm

UCI is a good team. Their bigs can all play and we couldn't match their depth at those positions.
lobstalova
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:35 pm

Just watching this now.

This is an absolutely disgusting effort (and I use that word lightly). Like watching a god damn Donahue team. Literally zero defense, effort or intensity.

And also fuck you Eli Carter. If you're going to transfer here how about you at least try. Clifford was fucking awful today but at least he tried.

This UCI team is not good so stop with that none sense. We're a fucking ACC Team (allegedly at least), you should beat UCI.

I'm pissed quite frankly. I don't mind losing because the other team is better. Losing because you don't try is fucking gross.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:36 pm

lobstalova {l Wrote}:UCI is a good team. Their bigs can all play and we couldn't match their depth at those positions.

If you can't match the depth of fucking UCI if you're an ACC team there is a problem.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:37 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Not that we look good, but UCI looks really fucking good for a Big West team

BC looks really bad for allegedly being an ACC Team. ACC teams usually actually try, BC should've gone to fucking Disneyland today instead of showing up for this.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:41 am

eptstein youre a fucking retard this UCI team gets 23+ wins and gets to the sweet 16. They are a murray state type team this year. We didn't have a good game but UCI had a phenomenal one
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:01 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:eptstein youre a fucking retard this UCI team gets 23+ wins and gets to the sweet 16. They are a murray state type team this year. We didn't have a good game but UCI had a phenomenal one

Does that mean Boise St is getting to the Final Four? Because they throttled this UCI team yesterday.

I Couldnt tell how great UCI was partially because BC didn't try for about 75% of that game. They were too busy checking out Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald.

UCI losing to Boise St tells me they're not very good.

I feel like I have to remind everyone, including you clearly, WE ARE AN ACC TEAM! YOU SHOULD NOT BE GETTING THROTTLED MY MID-MAJORS!

The effort from the team was gross, regardless of if they played well or not.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby jbrooks58 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:28 am

eepstein0 calm down. 1) Boise St. didn't even come close to throttling UC their 7'6" guy got in foul trouble which changed the dynamic of that game. 2) No one ever said UC was a Final Four Team so why would Boise St. be one? 3) We can all probably agree that the team showed a real lack of effort today but that still doesn't mean that UC isn't good. You have to understand that we have 10 freshman and the 2 seniors aren't bonafide leaders. This team will struggle this year because of that. Also they never quit and obviously did try because the cut the lead down by the end. There WILL be more games like this later in the season. It happens when your team is this young. I'm just happy our coach won't let the players use that to excuse their effort.
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:21 am

UCI is a lot better than eepstein is giving them credit for. They are very big and their bigs are actually decent. I think UCI is better than Boise State, but UCI had a bad game with refs not allowing the game to get physical. Boise also hit a bunch of threes in that game.

UCI played a good game against us, and we simply aren't that good. I actually saw a lot of things I liked from BC. I was most disappointed that Christian kept having Owens guard their 4 and was getting beat every time.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:32 am

jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:eepstein0 calm down. 1) Boise St. didn't even come close to throttling UC their 7'6" guy got in foul trouble which changed the dynamic of that game. 2) No one ever said UC was a Final Four Team so why would Boise St. be one? 3) We can all probably agree that the team showed a real lack of effort today but that still doesn't mean that UC isn't good. You have to understand that we have 10 freshman and the 2 seniors aren't bonafide leaders. This team will struggle this year because of that. Also they never quit and obviously did try because the cut the lead down by the end. There WILL be more games like this later in the season. It happens when your team is this young. I'm just happy our coach won't let the players use that to excuse their effort.

The effort was absolutely horrific. Robinson, Clifford and Mezinkas tried. I saw zero effort from anyone else on that court until we were down like 25.

Carter played like a total dog. Is there a play we run called Eli Chuck a 30 Footer?

UCI doesn't suck, but they're worse than any ACC team we are going to run across.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:34 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:UCI is a lot better than eepstein is giving them credit for. They are very big and their bigs are actually decent. I think UCI is better than Boise State, but UCI had a bad game with refs not allowing the game to get physical. Boise also hit a bunch of threes in that game.

UCI played a good game against us, and we simply aren't that good. I actually saw a lot of things I liked from BC. I was most disappointed that Christian kept having Owens guard their 4 and was getting beat every time.

Name me a single thing you liked in that game from BC. That game wasn't as close as the score ended up, UCI led by 20 pretty much the whole way.

Again, the problem was the effort. Playing bad is one thing, not trying is another.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:14 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:Not that we look good, but UCI looks really fucking good for a Big West team

BC looks really bad for allegedly being an ACC Team. ACC teams usually actually try, BC should've gone to fucking Disneyland today instead of showing up for this.

A little perspective would be nice, considering ND losing to Monmouth and Miami losing to Northeastern both occurred within the previous 48 hours.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:28 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

A little perspective would be nice, considering ND losing to Monmouth and Miami losing to Northeastern both occurred within the previous 48 hours.

Again try hard and I won't be pissed. Not trying is inexcusable
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby lobstalova on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:05 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Just watching this now.

This is an absolutely disgusting effort (and I use that word lightly). Like watching a god damn Donahue team. Literally zero defense, effort or intensity.

And also fuck you Eli Carter. If you're going to transfer here how about you at least try. Clifford was fucking awful today but at least he tried.

This UCI team is not good so stop with that none sense. We're a fucking ACC Team (allegedly at least), you should beat UCI.

I'm pissed quite frankly. I don't mind losing because the other team is better. Losing because you don't try is fucking gross.

Love eepstein's enthusiasm haha! You are the reason I keep reading this site. EagleOutsider should pay you. Your are Steven A Smith, Skip Bayless laugh out loud funny. Hot take after hot take!
lobstalova
n00b

Postby jbrooks58 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:43 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:eepstein0 calm down. 1) Boise St. didn't even come close to throttling UC their 7'6" guy got in foul trouble which changed the dynamic of that game. 2) No one ever said UC was a Final Four Team so why would Boise St. be one? 3) We can all probably agree that the team showed a real lack of effort today but that still doesn't mean that UC isn't good. You have to understand that we have 10 freshman and the 2 seniors aren't bonafide leaders. This team will struggle this year because of that. Also they never quit and obviously did try because the cut the lead down by the end. There WILL be more games like this later in the season. It happens when your team is this young. I'm just happy our coach won't let the players use that to excuse their effort.

The effort was absolutely horrific. Robinson, Clifford and Mezinkas tried. I saw zero effort from anyone else on that court until we were down like 25.

Carter played like a total dog. Is there a play we run called Eli Chuck a 30 Footer?

UCI doesn't suck, but they're worse than any ACC team we are going to run across.

Well you can go ahead and keep freaking out about this loss. I'll be worried if we lose to Santa Clara. We understand that not trying is inexcusable but you have to understand its gonna happen with young guys.
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Postby EagleManiac66 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:05 pm

I can almost hear Don Meredith singing "Turn out the lights; the season's over". But not yet! I'm willing to give them a couple of more games before :suicide .
EagleManiac66
Carney Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:20 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:UCI is a lot better than eepstein is giving them credit for. They are very big and their bigs are actually decent. I think UCI is better than Boise State, but UCI had a bad game with refs not allowing the game to get physical. Boise also hit a bunch of threes in that game.

Name me a single thing you liked in that game from BC. That game wasn't as close as the score ended up, UCI led by 20 pretty much the whole way.

Again, the problem was the effort. Playing bad is one thing, not trying is another.

I see promise in these guys. Two plays that come to mind yesterday were: Ervins following the SBT brick off the backboard for the slam cutting through several UCI guys and the alley-oop to Diallo.

This BC team is not good, and never was expected to be. These last two teams are easily the best we've played so far.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:14 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I see promise in these guys. Two plays that come to mind yesterday were: Ervins following the SBT brick off the backboard for the slam cutting through several UCI guys and the alley-oop to Diallo.

This BC team is not good, and never was expected to be. These last two teams are easily the best we've played so far.

I see plenty of talent. Most of it was thinking about going to the beach or Disney than playing basketball.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bunratty on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:58 pm

Team was at Disney today.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby EagleManiac66 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:52 pm

By every measure imaginable, we should blow out Santa Clara (0-7; lost to UCI by 19). If we don't, :suicide
EagleManiac66
Carney Hall

Postby longdistanceeagle on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:20 pm

BC should "blow out" Santa Clara, a team that just lost to Arizona by 2 in OT? C'mon, man.
longdistanceeagle
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum