Ben Howland

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Ben Howland

Postby BCHerbert on Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:04 pm

How the fuck does he land six recruits who are considered to be amongst the Top 95 players in the nation this year? He also landed three players who were also considered to be amongst the Top 120 players last year. Did MasterBates even reach out or did Eddie Fogler's five million dollar search party squash the idea? Or Howland most likely had no interest.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Re: Ben Howland

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:37 pm

I always preferred the Pearl to BC posts myself.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:35 pm

I watched them play this year, they looked horrific. Besides the fact he isn't getting those idiots into BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:24 pm

To Bates credit he did talk to Howland. It never got far enough over staff budget and admissions issues. At the time, Howland was asking for the moon. He overplayed his hand and didn't get any job that year. Even ones he preferred to BC. So when Miss State came calling with good money, he jumped on it.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:37 am

Who wouldn't want to go to MSU, player or coach?

Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:32 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:To Bates credit he did talk to Howland. It never got far enough over staff budget and admissions issues. At the time, Howland was asking for the moon. He overplayed his hand and didn't get any job that year. Even ones he preferred to BC. So when Miss State came calling with good money, he jumped on it.

Did Howland ever win a NC with those NBA teams he had back then? I saw him win the Phoenix Regional one year in person.

I'd like to see how he does without NBA talent. Miami absolutely crushed them a week ago.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:25 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:To Bates credit he did talk to Howland. It never got far enough over staff budget and admissions issues. At the time, Howland was asking for the moon. He overplayed his hand and didn't get any job that year. Even ones he preferred to BC. So when Miss State came calling with good money, he jumped on it.

Did Howland ever win a NC with those NBA teams he had back then? I saw him win the Phoenix Regional one year in person.

I'd like to see how he does without NBA talent. Miami absolutely crushed them a week ago.

Howland proved he coach without NBA talent when he was at Pitt. In fact, you could argue that he was better when he had Pitt-type players who bought into his defense-first system than he was at UCLA with the Mickey-Ds All Stars looking for a one-and-done school to showcase their scoring.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum