Are we recruiting any bigs?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Are we recruiting any bigs?

Postby 25GeraldRd on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:38 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:Mike Sagay is 6'7", Nik Popovic is 6'10", and this thread is stupid

I think the point was that both of these guys are supposed to be face up players and not bangers. Being tall does not really satisfy what people are asking for here, especially since the 3 prototypes cited - Abrams, Smith and Agbai were all in the 6'5''-6'7'' range. More of a mentality than anything. Seen 5 years of a soft tall guy.

exactly - "bigs" in the sense of guys who will be in the paint, rebound, guard the other team's best post scorers, etc.
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:41 am

25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:Mike Sagay is 6'7", Nik Popovic is 6'10", and this thread is stupid

I think the point was that both of these guys are supposed to be face up players and not bangers. Being tall does not really satisfy what people are asking for here, especially since the 3 prototypes cited - Abrams, Smith and Agbai were all in the 6'5''-6'7'' range. More of a mentality than anything. Seen 5 years of a soft tall guy.

exactly - "bigs" in the sense of guys who will be in the paint, rebound, guard the other team's best post scorers, etc.

I'm thinking Diallo is the guy once he figures it out, which he will. He's just more raw than some of the guys we have gotten in years past. Put he is also more physically gifted like :seanwilliams
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:45 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I look forward to reasoned discussion in the game thread

I think expectations coming in were low enough that this is kind of a gravy situation. It's been so long since the hoop team was good, I may have forgotten how to be annoyed by them

i think he was referring to people with an microdick
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:51 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I look forward to reasoned discussion in the game thread

I think expectations coming in were low enough that this is kind of a gravy situation. It's been so long since the hoop team was good, I may have forgotten how to be annoyed by them

i think he was referring to people with an microdick

Nah, he seems to have reasonable expectations as well. And I didnt' need you to clarify the MD reference, but thanks.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:05 pm

I'm just hoping we stay competitive for 30 minutes

but yes, at this point this game is simply gravy. even if they lose 92-3 i was hoping for a 3-1 best case start
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:08 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I'm just hoping we stay competitive for 30 minutes

but yes, at this point this game is simply gravy. even if they lose 92-3 i was hoping for a 3-1 best case start

You eo coaching staff weirdoz aren't the problem on game threads, not even microdick.

It's the lesser posters who try to fit in that make it unreadable.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:26 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:I'm just hoping we stay competitive for 30 minutes

You eo coaching staff weirdoz aren't the problem on game threads, not even microdick.

It's the lesser posters who try to fit in that make it unreadable.

My position in the EO Coaching Staff is tenuous. I've done such a good job with talent that there's really no one to complain about anymore. Hell even Clifford and Owens have played decently.

If this thing goes off the rails I blame the HC and Claver
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:38 pm

I credit claver for his work with the freshmen.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:51 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:Danya Abrams named "Mr. Basketball" in state of New York.
Danya In The House: Danya Abrams, a 6'8" senior forward from The Hackley School in Tarrytown, NY, was recently named Mr. Basketball by the New York State Coaches Association. Abrams, who has committed Boston College average 28.5 points and 13.6 rebounds per game. Previous winners include John Wallace (now at Syracuse), Jamal Mashburn (Kentucky), Kenny Anderson (Georgia Tech), Malik Sealy (St. John's), Greg Koubek (Duke), and King Rice (North Carolina). "It's a very prestigious award, especially when you realize the kind of talented basketball players that play in New York," Abrams said. "I want to thank everyone who voted for me and I won't let them down when I go to Boston College." On the strength of Abrams, who is considered to be one of the top 70 players in the nation, Boston College's recruiting class was recently judged by Hoop Scoop Magazine to be the 20th best in the country. Joining Abrams in the class of 1997 will be Keenan Jourdan, a 6'8" guard from Brewster Academy in New Hampshire. Jourdan is considered one of the country's top 100 players. Jourdan and Abrams will replace graduating seniors Dave Hinton and Jim Panetierre, who played their last game on Wednesday in the 75-58 NIT Tournament loss to Providence.

Danya Abrams being listed at 6'8" is laugh-out-loud funny.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:20 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:It's the lesser posters who try to fit in that make it unreadable.

You're welcome
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:43 pm

Goodluck Okonoboh is transferring from UNLV. Prepped at Wilbraham Monson (MA) and is 6'10 former 4*. Would have to sit a year but has 2 years left. Not sure if he's local to Mass or just prepped in the area
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:34 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Goodluck Okonoboh is transferring from UNLV. Prepped at Wilbraham Monson (MA) and is 6'10 former 4*. Would have to sit a year but has 2 years left. Not sure if he's local to Mass or just prepped in the area

I thought Okonoboh was going to be great coming out of HS. He was good (but far from great) last year and was passed in the starting lineup this year.

He's a Boston native. But, there was a reason he chose UNLV (which likely makes him unable to transfer to BC). While he didn't play for BABC, he played for the next best anti-BC program out there... Rivals. BC has struck out on every player they've had: Noah Vonleh, Goodluck Okonoboh, Kaleb Joseph, Matt Cimino, Jalen Adams and Josh Sharma.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:15 am

Speaking of former recruits... it seems Terrance Mann, Markis McDuffie, Josh Sharma, Aaron Falzon and Jeremy Miller are all seeing meaningful minutes already.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:58 am

Sharma barely sees the floor.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Sharma barely sees the floor.

What are you talking about??? He nearly averages SEVEN minutes a game and has even played in 1 of their last 3 games!
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:39 pm

hoff says jcr is going to redshirt. not a terrible outcome considering the scholarship imbalance & his need to put on weight

-Freshman John Carlos Reyes continues to be sidelined with his foot injury. I’m told it’s becoming more and more likely that he will be redshirted. The good news is that the injury is allowing Reyes to work on his upper body strength in the weight room. The center came to BC weighing in at 205 pounds and has brought his weight up to 230 pounds this week.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2016/1/20 ... n-together
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:23 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:hoff says jcr is going to redshirt. not a terrible outcome considering the scholarship imbalance & his need to put on weight

-Freshman John Carlos Reyes continues to be sidelined with his foot injury. I’m told it’s becoming more and more likely that he will be redshirted. The good news is that the injury is allowing Reyes to work on his upper body strength in the weight room. The center came to BC weighing in at 205 pounds and has brought his weight up to 230 pounds this week.

I like this.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:41 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:hoff says jcr is going to redshirt. not a terrible outcome considering the scholarship imbalance & his need to put on weight

I like this.

the fact that hoff is elbow deep in tubasteaks or the actual article?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:14 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

I like this.

the fact that hoff is elbow deep in tubasteaks or the actual article?

Neither. I like the idea of redshirting JCR.

Do not burneth the redshirt, Jimmy Mac.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Both Reyes and Diallo have the athletic ability to succeed in the ACC. They both need to learn the sport of basketball.

The notion that we should play Clifford and Diallo together is about the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Whoever is suggesting that please stop. We already have enough issues scoring the basketball
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum