Harvard Game: Early Season Identity

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Harvard Game: Early Season Identity

Postby jbrooks58 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:45 pm

In defense of Diallo some of his fouls aren't actually fouls. He just gets called because he's much stronger than the opposing player. He does need to be smarter though.
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Attendance was listed as 2,765. Felt like more than that, but the student attendance is still atrocious.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby lobstalova on Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:09 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:Milon is 3-3 from inside the arc, 7-11 from outside the arc, 2-2 from the line. Consider me impressed.

-Milon has great touch.

-BC doesn't win this game without Clifford. Great effort on the defensive end. Reyes could not hang defensively against Edosomwan and neither could Diallo without fouling.

-At times, Eli Carter goes into ball hog mode and plays out of control. He's better than Matt Humphrey and Aaron Brown, but has similar traits.

Agree on all three, but in all fairness there are times when Carter has to do that. Freshman largely defer and shoot off of Carter's set ups. He made all of Euro's wide open threes. That said, I agree he doesn't always make the best choices.

Nice to see JC handles his kids better than Asspazio. Diallo drives him nuts but he uses it as a teaching moment. Cautiously optimistic this guy knows what he is doing.

Why are we comparing our current basketball coach to our former football coach? There must be an inside joke or something that I am missing because this logic makes 0 sense.
lobstalova
n00b

Postby EagleManiac66 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:41 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:We haven't started 3-0 since 08-09. Or rather when Reggie Jackson was a freshman and Tyrese Rice was a SR.

If you place any faith in the predictive rankings, we could be 9-2 going into the Duke game. But then, that why they play the game. Go :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle 's
EagleManiac66
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:14 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Attendance was listed as 2,765. Felt like more than that, but the student attendance is still atrocious.

I read all you needed to do was move them away from behind the baskets and give them the best seats courtside
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:48 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:There's not a single scholarship player who is in the wrong conference. ACC Caliber!

Are you absolutely, positively sure on Reyes and (gulp) Diallo?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:12 am

i dont know how you could be sure a big *doesnt* fit in the acc yet

there are basically 4 at most players who are over 6' 10 and ready to play in college and they all play at the same schools every year then go pro

having big expectations for freshman bigs is unrealistic
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:29 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i dont know how you could be sure a big *doesnt* fit in the acc yet

there are basically 4 at most players who are over 6' 10 and ready to play in college and they all play at the same schools every year then go pro

Yes it is and always has been ridiculous to write off a player after a handful of minutes.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:34 am

I didn't say anyone doesn't belong. I didn't make any statement of opinion. I simply asked a question.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:43 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:i dont know how you could be sure a big *doesnt* fit in the acc yet

Yes it is and always has been ridiculous to write off a player after a handful of minutes.

especially if that player is not at 100% physically
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:54 am

After two losses in the past two years, my Harvard grad co-worker has finally shut up about how BC hoops sucks. There's something.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:26 am

lobstalova {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:Milon is 3-3 from inside the arc, 7-11 from outside the arc, 2-2 from the line. Consider me impressed.

-Milon has great touch.

-BC doesn't win this game without Clifford. Great effort on the defensive end. Reyes could not hang defensively against Edosomwan and neither could Diallo without fouling.

-At times, Eli Carter goes into ball hog mode and plays out of control. He's better than Matt Humphrey and Aaron Brown, but has similar traits.

Agree on all three, but in all fairness there are times when Carter has to do that. Freshman largely defer and shoot off of Carter's set ups. He made all of Euro's wide open threes. That said, I agree he doesn't always make the best choices.

Nice to see JC handles his kids better than Asspazio. Diallo drives him nuts but he uses it as a teaching moment. Cautiously optimistic this guy knows what he is doing.

Why are we comparing our current basketball coach to our former football coach? There must be an inside joke or something that I am missing because this logic makes 0 sense.

We're not. Asspazio hasn't been fired yet, as far as I know
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:29 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:There's not a single scholarship player who is in the wrong conference. ACC Caliber!

Yes and definite yes. Diallo looks like almost all raw big men as young players in a major conference. Lights will click for him some point in the next season or two.

Reyes just needs the weight room, he can play
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:58 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

Yes and definite yes. Diallo looks like almost all raw big men as young players in a major conference. Lights will click for him some point in the next season or two.

Reyes just needs the weight room, he can play

Yea on both. Big men are like the OLine it'll just take a little longer
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ckoub01 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:14 pm

In a perfect world, Reyes doesn't play this year, but BC doesn't have that luxury. He needs 10-20 more lbs of muscle. My bigger concern is Meznieks getting major minutes at the 4. He is a jack of all trades who certainly has already exceeded the pre-season Lithuanian Will Magarity projections, but he is severely undersized (listed 6'7 but seems shorter).

My vote is to let Eli Carter shoot as much as he wants, but his ball handling is really poor. If Robinson is on the floor, it should be in his hands.
ckoub01
n00b

Previous

Return to Conte Forum