St Francis Game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: St Francis Game

Postby Iggle on Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:51 pm

some freshman goofs and the opponent is St. Francis, but there were some things to like in the first half!
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:52 pm

Believe I just saw claver and his bro walk by me in an awkward nametag moment.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Believe I just saw claver and his bro walk by me in an awkward nametag moment.

No that was me and Claver's brother.

We're down in Section E
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I got confused because they hid the ice.

This is quite impressive. St Francis is actually playing his tough d.

You looked so lost
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:11 pm

Clifford is so soft. He looks like he is going to cry.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:31 pm

the next time clifford finishes strong will be the first
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:43 pm

I've seen enough of OJs least favorite official out here. I didn't come to watch you blow a whistle. He's the same idiot from the Bentley game
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bunratty on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:46 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Diallo needs to start over clifford. And he needs to be on the floor until he either fouls out or passes out.

No problem with Cliffy bashing, but Diallo doesn't know how to play basketball.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby QuailMan on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Besides the obvious mezsnicks man defense looks good
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:22 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Diallo needs to start over clifford. And he needs to be on the floor until he either fouls out or passes out.

Still better than Clifford and he rebounds. But they both foul too much so they both have to play.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Bunratty on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

Still better than Clifford and he rebounds. But they both foul too much so they both have to play.

Agree both have to play. However, if Idy is fouling out in 9 mins. against St. Francis, and had 4 fouls in 8 mins. vs. Bentley, he won't be able to stay on the floor for long once the ACC season rolls around.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Had a great time at the game today. Various thoughts:

Robinson got a lot of hype before the season and I thought he was okay but not special in the exhibition game. Today he looked great. He made it look very easy at times on offense.

Carter cracks me up. I'm glad we have him.

Clifford and Owens looked like Clifford and Owens, which the readers of this board know is not a compliment.

Turner and Milon were still a little too invisible.

Sammy Barnes Shot Selection cracks me up as well. I have a feeling we will all want to hug him or strangle him after every game. Hopefully more of the former.

Someone needs to teach Diallo how to set a legal screen. Nice blocks though.

Rebounding was still suspect!

The Morgue was 2/3 empty but it was better than I was afraid it might be. There was SOME student presence, still embarrassing for ACC standards but at least the student section wasn't just 10 people.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Had a great time at the game today. Various thoughts:

Robinson got a lot of hype before the season and I thought he was okay but not special in the exhibition game. Today he looked great. He made it look very easy at times on offense.

Carter cracks me up. I'm glad we have him.

Clifford and Owens looked like Clifford and Owens, which the readers of this board know is not a compliment.

Turner and Milon were still a little too invisible.

Sammy Barnes Shot Selection cracks me up as well. I have a feeling we will all want to hug him or strangle him after every game. Hopefully more of the former.

Someone needs to teach Diallo how to set a legal screen. Nice blocks though.

Rebounding was still suspect!

The Morgue was 2/3 empty but it was better than I was afraid it might be. There was SOME student presence, still embarrassing for ACC standards but at least the student section wasn't just 10 people.

In other words are hey we're all probably just a little nervous in that exhibition game?

Asking for a friend.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

Agree both have to play. However, if Idy is fouling out in 9 mins. against St. Francis, and had 4 fouls in 8 mins. vs. Bentley, he won't be able to stay on the floor for long once the ACC season rolls around.

Diallo is a better player, the more you play him the more he'll realize his potential.

Having said this he fouls way too much.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:14 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
In other words are hey we're all probably just a little nervous in that exhibition game?

Asking for a friend.

St Francis did us a favor by missing a ton of shots. And they played a 6'7 center. There was nothing here that makes me change my projection for the season.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:18 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Asking for a friend.

St Francis did us a favor by missing a ton of shots. And they played a 6'7 center. There was nothing here that makes me change my projection for the season.

St Francis won 23 games next year they are better than you generic crappy OOC. Seeing today helped reassure me we can avoid the total WTFs. I'll bet they beat my 9 win projection.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bobcarrington on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:04 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Asking for a friend.

St. Francis wasn't any good, but I felt a lot better after this game than the Bentley exhibition. Carter does us no good for the long term, but he's a legitimate ACC player and the more of those the better -- even if just for this year. And Robinson looks to have it all, athleticism, talent, confidence and (amazingly) maturity.

I wish JC would give up on Clifford and let Diallo try to learn to play the game, because his size and physical skills promise a MUCH higher upside than Clifford. In fairness to the coach, Diallo can't go more than a minute or two without fouling. If he can only last 8 or 9 minutes before fouling out against teams with no one over 6-7, it's frightening how short his minutes might have to become once conference play starts. But since this year's team isn't going anywhere anyway, I'd play him until he fouls out each and every game and only use Clifford then.

Turner looked much better I thought, much more confident or aggressive than in the Bentley game. None of the other freshmen showed much (although they didn't do too much wrong -- just got out of the way of Carter and Robinson). Garland Owens doesn't have too many basketball skills, but boy is he a good athlete -- he had a handful of offensive rebounds, but of course then turns the ball over or misses the putback after the fact. I still like watching him as he plays so hard.

Barnes Tompkins looks (to me) like a headcase waiting to happen. I guess it's good to have confidence, but his confidence level seems at this point to be a lot higher than is merited by his actual play. I hope I'm wrong, but he looks like a guy that will drive a coach crazy -- maybe he was just amped up for his first game.

I don't think there were 800 people at Conte, despite the free tickets, too bad.
bobcarrington
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:18 pm

I loved SBT diving for that ball with 15 seconds left in a 30 point game. That bodes well for the future.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:23 pm

the more i think about it the more i love the rent control idea

i was pretty impressed today. no idea what that means for the season, but today they exceeded my expectations
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bobcarrington on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:27 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I loved SBT diving for that ball with 15 seconds left in a 30 point game. That bodes well for the future.

I left early and didn't see that. But I'm happy to hear about it and hope my (negative) read on SBT was incorrect.
bobcarrington
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:32 pm

I actually thought Turner played really well. He's going to be a stat sheet filler and a heady player.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:33 pm

SBT played very well tonight
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:33 pm

I actually thought the crowd was better than I thought it was going to be, but I have low expectations in that department. But it was still pretty empty and you can't price it lower than $0.

I also thought the team was better than expected. Robinson looked great and Carter will be a helpful crutch for the team.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:40 pm

My only complaints were occasional lapses on perimeter D and Clifford being a focal point of the offense when he is scared to go to the hole strong and can't finish. A decent center scores 25 tonight.

Otherwise, though everyone played well. Carter is legit, as are Robinson and Turner. The foreigner and SBT were good. Milon was quiet but plays hard and decent D. Diallo and Reyes are raw. Owens is fine for what they asked from him.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCHerbert on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:10 pm

William S {l Wrote}:So since you are also a BC alum does that mean you also tell people to go suck their mothers' cock or that you prefer to suck your own mother's cock? I'm confused.

Hey bois, how about I suck both of your cocks? Yummmmmmmyyyy!!!!!
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby jbrooks58 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:17 pm

bobcarrington {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Asking for a friend.

St. Francis wasn't any good, but I felt a lot better after this game than the Bentley exhibition. Carter does us no good for the long term, but he's a legitimate ACC player and the more of those the better -- even if just for this year. And Robinson looks to have it all, athleticism, talent, confidence and (amazingly) maturity.

I wish JC would give up on Clifford and let Diallo try to learn to play the game, because his size and physical skills promise a MUCH higher upside than Clifford. In fairness to the coach, Diallo can't go more than a minute or two without fouling. If he can only last 8 or 9 minutes before fouling out against teams with no one over 6-7, it's frightening how short his minutes might have to become once conference play starts. But since this year's team isn't going anywhere anyway, I'd play him until he fouls out each and every game and only use Clifford then.

Turner looked much better I thought, much more confident or aggressive than in the Bentley game. None of the other freshmen showed much (although they didn't do too much wrong -- just got out of the way of Carter and Robinson). Garland Owens doesn't have too many basketball skills, but boy is he a good athlete -- he had a handful of offensive rebounds, but of course then turns the ball over or misses the putback after the fact. I still like watching him as he plays so hard.

Barnes Tompkins looks (to me) like a headcase waiting to happen. I guess it's good to have confidence, but his confidence level seems at this point to be a lot higher than is merited by his actual play. I hope I'm wrong, but he looks like a guy that will drive a coach crazy -- maybe he was just amped up for his first game.

I don't think there were 800 people at Conte, despite the free tickets, too bad.

I think you are misjudging SBT because at BC we aren't use to confident players that get excited. Frankly, I enjoyed his attitude and hustle.
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:58 pm

Agree with this SBT was a breath of fresh air.

Noticed confidence with Robinson and SBT and on occasion Turner that I have not seen from BC freshmen. They know they belong.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bobcarrington on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:52 pm

jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:I think you are misjudging SBT because at BC we aren't use to confident players that get excited. Frankly, I enjoyed his attitude and hustle.

You're not the only one that's made this point and I definitely seem to be in the minority (maybe a minority of 1) who thought SBT looked cocky way beyond his abilities -- which struck me (admittedly wicked early) as pretty damned unimpressive.

It's very well possible that all the rest of you are right and I'm wrong -- that the kid is a bona fide ACC type player with his head on straight and no head case at all, someone who will start or play a big role and help us quite a bit over the next few years. While I hate to admit it, experience has tought me that when I think X and pretty much everyone else thinks Y, the other folks tend to be right and I tend to have gotten things bass-ackwards. I hope that's the case here and SBT turns out to be a big star.
bobcarrington
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:My only complaints were occasional lapses on perimeter D and Clifford being a focal point of the offense when he is scared to go to the hole strong and can't finish. A decent center scores 25 tonight.

Otherwise, though everyone played well. Carter is legit, as are Robinson and Turner. The foreigner and SBT were good. Milon was quiet but plays hard and decent D. Diallo and Reyes are raw. Owens is fine for what they asked from him.

The guards need to stop passing to to Clifford off the pick and roll. He isn't going to catch it anyway so don't bother.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:11 pm

bobcarrington {l Wrote}:
jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:I think you are misjudging SBT because at BC we aren't use to confident players that get excited. Frankly, I enjoyed his attitude and hustle.

You're not the only one that's made this point and I definitely seem to be in the minority (maybe a minority of 1) who thought SBT looked cocky way beyond his abilities -- which struck me (admittedly wicked early) as pretty damned unimpressive.

It's very well possible that all the rest of you are right and I'm wrong -- that the kid is a bona fide ACC type player with his head on straight and no head case at all, someone who will start or play a big role and help us quite a bit over the next few years. While I hate to admit it, experience has tought me that when I think X and pretty much everyone else thinks Y, the other folks tend to be right and I tend to have gotten things bass-ackwards. I hope that's the case here and SBT turns out to be a big star.

He's going to be our version of JR Smith. Instant offense off the bench with some sketchy shot selection.

The team they're playing Thursday is supposed to be pretty terrible.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum