Laugh out loud prices for tickets

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Laugh out loud prices for tickets

Postby commavegarage on Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:10 pm

I got the email as im sure others did for being a "valued donor" and therefore getting the option to buy individual game tickets

prices for the big games:

duke - lower level $100, upper $60
unc - $60, $40
cuse - $60, $30
nd - $50, $25

good luck
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: Laugh out loud prices for tickets

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:14 pm

I'm very interested to see what happens with the Duke game considering it is over Christmas break and was not included in the student season ticket package.

That ND game should be a regular ticket.

What was the price for the big UNH tip Tuesday 12/30 at 2:00? Do they offer to pay you to show up?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:23 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
What was the price for the big UNH tip Tuesday 12/30 at 2:00? Do they offer to pay you to show up?

free admission, $10 for a locker room shower tour
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:37 pm

15 bucks only lower level was available...maybe theyre gonna put tarps on the upstairs seats
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:25 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I got the email as im sure others did for being a "valued donor" and therefore getting the option to buy individual game tickets

unc - $60, $40
cuse - $60, $30
nd - $50, $25

good luck

The disconnect between the ticket office and reality is disturbing. How can they be this clueless regarding the product they're offering?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:13 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:I got the email as im sure others did for being a "valued donor" and therefore getting the option to buy individual game tickets

unc - $60, $40
cuse - $60, $30
nd - $50, $25

good luck

The disconnect between the ticket office and reality is disturbing. How can they be this clueless regarding the product they're offering?

if you start high now, the discounts later will seem so upsurd you'll have to buy tickets
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:27 pm

unc - $60, $40
cuse - $60, $30
nd - $50, $25

good luck

You made eight typos -- I assume you meant to put a decimal after the dollar sign. I'm not mad, but it's just weird that it happened eight times
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:38 pm

Wait $100 a ticket for Duke?

Good luck even selling out that game with those prices. Has anyone called or gone in to complained? The ticket office really needs a phone call or a visit asking them what the hell they're thinking.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Are you folks nuts or just cheap?

Tickets for ALL games our potent squad will play this season are worth AT LEAST $200 each.

Where else could you find basketball of THIS quality?
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:42 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:Are you folks nuts or just cheap?

Tickets for ALL games our potent squad will play this season are worth AT LEAST $200 each.

Where else could you find basketball of THIS quality?

Your sense of sarcasm is artfully subtle, like an audible fart in a quiet room.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby NaturalLight on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:08 am

You're all missing the point. We're not the target market, we're selling tickets to the opposing local fanbases.
NaturalLight
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:33 pm

There are promos for season tickets starting as low as $153. More than reasonable. But don't let facts get in the way of agendas.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:33 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:There are promos for season tickets starting as low as $153. More than reasonable. But don't let facts get in the way of agendas.

I'll be honest, considering the product that's on the floor, that is way too high. You can buy most tickets for $1 on the secondary market, why am I going to drop $153 on season tickets?

They should start at like $75-$100. They haven't had a relevant basketball team in a decade. Get people in the door first then raise the prices if you want.

I go to every game and as lunatic of a fan as you'll find about BC Basketball and there's no way I would touch season tickets at that price.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:40 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:There are promos for season tickets starting as low as $153. More than reasonable. But don't let facts get in the way of agendas.

I'll be honest, considering the product that's on the floor, that is way too high. You can buy most tickets for $1 on the secondary market, why am I going to drop $153 on season tickets?

They should start at like $75-$100. They haven't had a relevant basketball team in a decade. Get people in the door first then raise the prices if you want.

I go to every game and as lunatic of a fan as you'll find about BC Basketball and there's no way I would touch season tickets at that price.

Don't forget they have to guard against fans of opposing teams buying up tickets. If you're a Duke/Cuse/ND/UNC/whatever fan, why not purchase a season ticket for $75 to go to one game?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:26 am

Why protect against that? Those seats will be on the secondary market with people looking to dump them for the games other than the ones that the Duke/Cuse fans wanted. Thus, they are already paid for, and there is actually a chance a BC fan may fill them since the pricepoint will be more reasonable as the Duke/Cuse fan is just looking to dump them. Win/win. It's certainly better than empty, which is what will happen now.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Why protect against that? Those seats will be on the secondary market with people looking to dump them for the games other than the ones that the Duke/Cuse fans wanted. Thus, they are already paid for, and there is actually a chance a BC fan may fill them since the pricepoint will be more reasonable as the Duke/Cuse fan is just looking to dump them. Win/win. It's certainly better than empty, which is what will happen now.

You think all those people who bought a season ticket for $75 are going to take the time to resell the others? Probably not worth the time for a lot of people.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:19 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Why protect against that? Those seats will be on the secondary market with people looking to dump them for the games other than the ones that the Duke/Cuse fans wanted. Thus, they are already paid for, and there is actually a chance a BC fan may fill them since the pricepoint will be more reasonable as the Duke/Cuse fan is just looking to dump them. Win/win. It's certainly better than empty, which is what will happen now.

You think all those people who bought a season ticket for $75 are going to take the time to resell the others? Probably not worth the time for a lot of people.

So empty and paid for instead of empty and not paid for.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

There were multiple empty sections last year for the UNC game. It was a Saturday Afternoon with fine weather.

There was a ticket guy at the exhibition game. Give him the ability to offer the $75 season ticket to people there. You'll only hit BC fans then. Offer the $75 ticket to those who've donated to the FF. That would catch almost all of us.

$156 is just too high for a bad seat for a bad product. Ditch DBS and sell those center court seats for $400 or whatever and I'd be interested
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:41 pm

I also hate Duke and Syracuses fans to the point where it's better if I don't go
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Or just let the Duke fan buy a single game ticket for $100 and you make an extra $25 with the oppurtunity to also sell $100 single game tickets to Cuse fans, etc.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:58 pm

epstein's idea makes sense - target the BC fan. Keeping the prices artificially inflated in the face of zero demand to prevent opponents from purchasing not only doesn't actually work, it does the opposite. It prevents the BC fans from purchasing.

I'd probably grab tickets if they were cheap enough, but i can't do too many hoop games during the week, so a shit product has to have the right price point. Rather spend that $400 bucks on dinner this weekend.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:03 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Or just let the Duke fan buy a single game ticket for $100 and you make an extra $25 with the oppurtunity to also sell $100 single game tickets to Cuse fans, etc.

Or sell $75 season tickets up high to get people in the door and raise the price when they get good. We all know the people over there have no concept of long-term planning or building a fan base at the expense of a cheap few dollars.

Sell the tickets in the corners at $100 a game if you want for big games
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:epstein's idea makes sense - target the BC fan. Keeping the prices artificially inflated in the face of zero demand to prevent opponents from purchasing not only doesn't actually work, it does the opposite. It prevents the BC fans from purchasing.

I'd probably grab tickets if they were cheap enough, but i can't do too many hoop games during the week, so a shit product has to have the right price point. Rather spend that $400 bucks on dinner this weekend.

I can't imagine lots of BC fans lining up to pay $100 to watch us lose by 40 to Duke.

Same deal with the ND game next weekend I'm not paying $200 to watch BC lose 41-7 or whatever. That just doesn't sound fun.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:15 pm

The idea that lowering season ticket prices from $153, which is more than reasonable, to $75 would make any difference is laughable.

People can go to any game they want for pretty cheap if they cared. The problem is NOBODY FUCKING CARES. That is the main problem. Arguing over nickels and dimes is stupid.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:47 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:The idea that lowering season ticket prices from $153, which is more than reasonable, to $75 would make any difference is laughable.

People can go to any game they want for pretty cheap if they cared. The problem is NOBODY FUCKING CARES. That is the main problem. Arguing over nickels and dimes is stupid.

I'm going to a free game this weekend that will be terrible. Because it is free. I would probably get 2 season tickets for $150 just for the hell of it and end up going more than I might think. For $400 or for $100 for a game like Duke, I'll go out to a sweet dinner and turn on the TV.

There is a price point for everything. We agree no one cares, the question is how to sell them. What they are doing is embarrassingly bad, although the idea for Saturday is a start.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:The idea that lowering season ticket prices from $153, which is more than reasonable, to $75 would make any difference is laughable.

I'm going to a free game this weekend that will be terrible. Because it is free. I would probably get 2 season tickets for $150 just for the hell of it and end up going more than I might think. For $400 or for $100 for a game like Duke, I'll go out to a sweet dinner and turn on the TV.

There is a price point for everything. We agree no one cares, the question is how to sell them. What they are doing is embarrassingly bad, although the idea for Saturday is a start.

This. I'm not spending $150 for terrible seats when I can get in for $1. I'd buy season tickets for $75 to not deal with the hassle. It's about getting people in the door. Those who buy the cheaper season tickets just because it's only $75 might surprise themselves and attend a lot.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:12 pm

$153 isn't that reasonable. The product absolutely sucks and the atmosphere is horrible. You're paying $153 for bad seats to watch the opponent. If more people came, the atmosphere would be better and people might want to you know, come back for more games.

Season tickets up in the EO section for football should be $75 also. Again, let's get people in the door. For $150 you should get a season ticket up high to football and basketball. It's called a long term strategy to build the fan base
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:14 pm

You cap the pricepoint increase annually as well, like rent control. Get in now at $75, we won't increase it anymore than $5 in any given year if you remain a season ticket holder, it will be a bargain when they turn it around. Incentive for someone to buy when it projects to be a terrible product.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:18 pm

dont try to inject competency into the athletic / ticket department
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:23 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:dont try to inject competency into the athletic / ticket department

let alone business planning
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy