Non-Conference Schedule

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Non-Conference Schedule

Postby EagleDave on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:42 pm

Predictably Brad Bates-esque schedule, Wooden Classic aside.

http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062915aab.html
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Re: Non-Conference Schedule

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:16 pm

in fairness, this team will likely suck salty balls and needs the shit schedule to get themselves accustomed to playing together. unlike football, where we are trying to pretend we are a program that matters, the basketball team needs to build as much confidence as possible to develop some level of psyche for the coming years.

plus, you know the november/december months are just a period used to study for finals. the team wouldn't get any support anyway
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:47 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:in fairness, this team will likely suck salty balls and needs the shit schedule to get themselves accustomed to playing together. unlike football, where we are trying to pretend we are a program that matters, the basketball team needs to build as much confidence as possible to develop some level of psyche for the coming years.

plus, you know the november/december months are just a period used to study for finals. the team wouldn't get any support anyway

Don't disagree with any of that. I'm just always blown away when our administration puts on the facade of "we want to energize our fan base!" and then follows it up by scheduling a hearty helping of dog turd in just about every sport.

I assume this schedule has blogboy's full support.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:58 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:in fairness, this team will likely suck salty balls and needs the shit schedule to get themselves accustomed to playing together. unlike football, where we are trying to pretend we are a program that matters, the basketball team needs to build as much confidence as possible to develop some level of psyche for the coming years.

Don't disagree with any of that. I'm just always blown away when our administration puts on the facade of "we want to energize our fan base!" and then follows it up by scheduling a hearty helping of dog turd in just about every sport.

Anyone who doesn't support this schedule is an idiot.

Very different than football. This team with 7 freshman, absolutely needs this schedule.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:49 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

Very different than football. This team with 7 freshman, absolutely needs this schedule.

Agreed. The ACC is brutal don't need to challenge yourself OOC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby lobstalova on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:12 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

Would it be redundant to say I agree as well? This is what we need this year and possibly next year. Ease our way into some more challenging opponents year by year.
lobstalova
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:50 am

lobstalova {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

Would it be redundant to say I agree as well? This is what we need this year and possibly next year. Ease our way into some more challenging opponents year by year.

but to get back to eagle dave chappell's point, this schedule may be good for the team but it won't be good for getting asses into the seats. the conte ghosts should feel free to redecorate and make themselves at home, they won't be displaced for at least a few years
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:42 am

The schedule is fine. It is a much different animal than football.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:58 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The schedule is fine. It is a much different animal than football.

well sure - you get 30 games as opposed to 12 so that offers more options. i just feel like at least some of them should be exciting... or to rephrase, some of them that are not conference required should be exciting
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:02 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The schedule is fine. It is a much different animal than football.

well sure - you get 30 games as opposed to 12 so that offers more options. i just feel like at least some of them should be exciting... or to rephrase, some of them that are not conference required should be exciting

I get your point if BC were ready for that. If they were a bubble team or better and doing this shit it would be unacceptable. Playing a top 25 team a month into a season with all these freshmen doesn't make a ton of sense to me, however.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:19 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I get your point if BC were ready for that. If they were a bubble team or better and doing this shit it would be unacceptable. Playing a top 25 team a month into a season with all these freshmen doesn't make a ton of sense to me, however.

i'm in agreement for this year but based on the shit shack of a football schedule that's been put together, i don't have high hopes for the future either
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

i'm in agreement for this year but based on the shit shack of a football schedule that's been put together, i don't have high hopes for the future either

Difference is that basketball coaches generally make their own OOC schedules, whereas the AD works on the football schedule. Not sure one reflects on the other. Also there is more of a reward to play better teams in hoop, so the incentive is there.

The Don wasn't wrong, he just didn't have the talent he thought he had assembled. Hubris
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:33 pm

lobstalova {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

but to get back to eagle dave chappell's point, this schedule may be good for the team but it won't be good for getting asses into the seats. the conte ghosts should feel free to redecorate and make themselves at home, they won't be displaced for at least a few years

BC could open with Kentucky, Kansas and UCLA and but for those schools bringing 5,000 fans wouldn't sell out.

There were entire empty sections when we played UNC last year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:46 pm

According to reports out of Michigan, BC and Michigan State are the opener of the Wooden Classic.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:54 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:According to reports out of Michigan, BC and Michigan State are the opener of the Wooden Classic.

Well that should be fun...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum