Hanlan Draft Pool

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Hanlan Draft Pool

Postby QuailMan on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:14 pm

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/grant ... nba-draft/

hanaln gets a lot of praise around the 34min maek
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:07 am

I watched the 76ers/Jazz summer league game in its entirety last night. Hanlan was completely invisible. He is way too passive for that kind of circus. Bryce Cotton was the best player on the floor including Okafor, Lyles et al (but not including Furkan Aldemir).
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby StratEagle on Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:17 am

At least real estate in Greece is probably quite affordable these days
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:44 am

StratEagle {l Wrote}:At least real estate in Greece is probably quite affordable these days

Yeah but only if you have drachma in your posession.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:06 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I watched the 76ers/Jazz summer league game in its entirety last night. Hanlan was completely invisible. He is way too passive for that kind of circus. Bryce Cotton was the best player on the floor including Okafor, Lyles et al (but not including Furkan Aldemir).

Onahue says you're wrong.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:39 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I watched the 76ers/Jazz summer league game in its entirety last night. Hanlan was completely invisible. He is way too passive for that kind of circus. Bryce Cotton was the best player on the floor including Okafor, Lyles et al (but not including Furkan Aldemir).

they didn't have a "pound the ball into the floor for 20 seconds and then try to do something wacky" play drawn up for him yet?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:49 am

Put a fork in the NBA aspirations. He's not sniffing that roster.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:52 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

they didn't have a "pound the ball into the floor for 20 seconds and then try to do something wacky" play drawn up for him yet?

Mostly he suffered from Trey Lyles being a poverty stricken man's Dennis Clifford.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:11 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

Mostly he suffered from Trey Lyles being a poverty stricken man's Dennis Clifford.

would that make trey lyles more of a
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:00 pm

I watched two of the games as well. Sadly your evaluation is entirely correct except Cotton is good in the ball hog and then chuck a fade-away 25 footer sense.

Hanlan played his usual defense and pretty much stood in the corner in offense. I'm not sure how much you can read in those games the style of play is pretty painful.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:04 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I watched two of the games as well. Sadly your evaluation is entirely correct except Cotton is good in the ball hog and then chuck a fade-away 25 footer sense.

Hanlan played his usual defense and pretty much stood in the corner in offense. I'm not sure how much you can read in those games the style of play is pretty painful.

Yes, the NBA is a pretty painful style of play.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hawaiirob on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:00 pm

I was in LV over NBA Summer League. By sheer coincidence I found myself poolside with some coaches/front office types for the Jazz. They were very, very down on Hanlan. He stank it up in LV as well as the Salt Lake league. I mean they had nothing good to say at all about the guy. You would think they would keep their mouths shut. But no. They ran their mouths like a guy who was done with a girl. I figure they would play it more coy if they thought Hanlan had a chance. Their words and language were clear as day that Hanlan was not in their plans...not even in the orbit of their plans.

Among the beauty of the conversations was that Hanlan's poor D led to a discussion of how terrible a coach Don was. It was also great to hear some old stories about Howard Eisley and how respected he was, and remains, in UT. Howard now doing assistant work in DC, fyi.

On the flip side for you hoop junkies, and especially you Knick fans, the vibe in Vegas over Pourzingas was great. I saw him run as well and left impressed. Knicks may have found a legit NBA starter for next several years.

For you Laker fans, Jordan Clarkson, who was already all Rookie, may actually be even better than that. Dude was really hurt his last year at MZ and his draft stock was hit. Dude plays like a lottery pick.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:42 am

#lithuania

i'm still waiting for my signature
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:28 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:I was in LV over NBA Summer League. By sheer coincidence I found myself poolside with some coaches/front office types for the Jazz. They were very, very down on Hanlan. He stank it up in LV as well as the Salt Lake league. I mean they had nothing good to say at all about the guy. You would think they would keep their mouths shut. But no. They ran their mouths like a guy who was done with a girl. I figure they would play it more coy if they thought Hanlan had a chance. Their words and language were clear as day that Hanlan was not in their plans...not even in the orbit of their plans.

Among the beauty of the conversations was that Hanlan's poor D led to a discussion of how terrible a coach Don was. It was also great to hear some old stories about Howard Eisley and how respected he was, and remains, in UT. Howard now doing assistant work in DC, fyi.

On the flip side for you hoop junkies, and especially you Knick fans, the vibe in Vegas over Pourzingas was great. I saw him run as well and left impressed. Knicks may have found a legit NBA starter for next several years.

For you Laker fans, Jordan Clarkson, who was already all Rookie, may actually be even better than that. Dude was really hurt his last year at MZ and his draft stock was hit. Dude plays like a lottery pick.

Should've come back to school, which is what everyone said initially.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum