Stan Heath

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Stan Heath

Postby Shoreagle on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:15 pm

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:Jarvis was never under serious consideration. It was pretty much Stan Heath from the beginning. And, no, I am not from Houston.

Are you Eagles 28 from EA? If so, a fellow named Parcells has been looking for you.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:36 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:Jarvis was never under serious consideration. It was pretty much Stan Heath from the beginning. And, no, I am not from Houston.

Are you Eagles 28 from EA? If so, a fellow named Parcells has been looking for you.

Don't bring those geriatric slap fights over here.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:

Don't bring those geriatric slap fights over here.

that's right - sword fights only in these parts
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:42 pm

Great upgrade over Murphy. That said... TIMESTAMP!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14432&p=385647&hilit=heath#p385647
HJS {l Wrote}:Speaking of USF... would Christian hiring Stan Heath change anyone's mind? It wouldn't for me. But, it could elevate him from "Worst name mentioned for the job" to ahead of Bucknell's David Paulsen to be only the second worst candidate.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14492&p=386113&hilit=heath#p386113
HJS {l Wrote}:This hire is an unmitigated disaster and doesn't make any sense on any level. Not a hot name. Not a known recruiter. No familiarity with the area. Not an alumni. Fills his teams with jucos. Not young.

That said, I'd like to see him bring in his former mentor Stan Heath, someone with strong ties to the local prep school/AAU circuit and someone who was a former player (even if just a DBO).

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14500&p=386470&hilit=heath#p386470
HJS {l Wrote}:I hate the JC hire... absolutely hate it... but, throughout BC BB history, our talent has mostly been linked to assistants. Skinner was a scion when he had O'Shea, Cooley, Coen and Duquette and was a disaster when he had Bonzi and Cassera. Obie won only when Spiller and Biancardi handed him great talent. Christian's ability to recruit is going to be largely dictated by his top two assistants. Because of that, Spinelli would be a great get (pretty close to ideal). I've heard Darrin Horn's name mentioned and wouldn't be surprised to see Mike Jarvis Sr and Stan Heath get consideration. As for Jarvis II, I'd expect him to come in as the 2nd or 3rd assistant.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:46 pm

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:06 pm

At the time, Donahue was a great hire. If you give him the players he can coach, but his talent evaluation and loyalty to his clown car of assistants did him in.

I still think JC was a bad hire given the other options. Its impossible for me to evaluate him considering his roster of America East All-Stars, but he's proving to be better than I thought.

If Donahue had compotent players he'd still be the coach here. It's 100% his fault he recruited the way he did, but he did a good job with that Southern, Raji, Jackson team.

I told everyone those players sucked about half way through the UNH game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:47 pm

You boys miss the enormity of this hire.

Facing the despair of facing the suddenly potent Eagles, coaches K, Williams, Boeheim, Bray, and several others are likely rushing to file retirement papers.

This will cascade tourney titles to Conte for the foreseeable future.

Rejoice!
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:20 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:At the time, Donahue was a great hire. If you give him the players he can coach, but his talent evaluation and loyalty to his clown car of assistants did him in.

I still think JC was a bad hire given the other options. Its impossible for me to evaluate him considering his roster of America East All-Stars, but he's proving to be better than I thought.

If Donahue had compotent players he'd still be the coach here. It's 100% his fault he recruited the way he did, but he did a good job with that Southern, Raji, Jackson team.

You are so wrong that it is comical. At the time it was a shit hire made by a retarded AD who was coming off hiring his buddy Luigi. Donahue had never recruited at a major level, he was doomed from the start. Enough with that first year aberration. He sucked and will forever suck.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:40 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:At the time, Donahue was a great hire. If you give him the players he can coach, but his talent evaluation and loyalty to his clown car of assistants did him in.

You are so wrong that it is comical. At the time it was a shit hire made by a retarded AD who was coming off hiring his buddy Luigi. Donahue had never recruited at a major level, he was doomed from the start. Enough with that first year aberration. He sucked and will forever suck.

You not being smart or having short term memory isn't my fault.

Donahue was debatably the top guy available that off-season.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:50 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Just stop. A guy who never recruited at a high level can NEVER be the top guy available. By definition that is taking a chance on a guy and little Gene fucked that up. Stick to evaluating recruits, you have some credibility there.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:47 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

donahue was the hot name that year (due to his squad of 5th year seniors getting to the sweet 16). that's different than the top guy available.

the beekster would have been servicable had he kept joe jones or replaced him with someone of a similar caliber. servicable = 5th-10th in the acc and making a bracket once every second or third year. so not quite as successful as dudley's father but probably on par with what jimmy mac has in store for us.

the question each of you pantywastes need to answer for yourselves is whether that is good enough. i don't think it's good enough but i don't even like sports so...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:54 am

At the time of his hire, we thought Don was a good coach with a very good recruiter joining him. Turns out he sucks ass as a coach and Joe Jones left. That is all.

Christian is doing a better job recruiting, coaching and replacing assistants. It's still remains to be seen if it is anything better than mediocre, but it is definitely better than the dumpster fire we imported from Ithaca.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:14 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:At the time of his hire, we thought Don was a good coach with a very good recruiter joining him. Turns out he sucks ass as a coach and Joe Jones left. That is all.

Christian is doing a better job recruiting, coaching and replacing assistants. It's still remains to be seen if it is anything better than mediocre, but it is definitely better than the dumpster fire we imported from Ithaca.

This and TRE's post (even though he doesn't like the sport).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:19 am

For the record, I believe it is "pantywaist" and not "pantywaste," though the latter is funny
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:01 am

I'm just glad that I realized so quickly that Donahue was going to be a disaster. Mrs. Skinner, Eepstein and Teddy could learn a lot from me.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:18 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I'm just glad that I realized so quickly that Donahue was going to be a disaster. Mrs. Skinner, Eepstein and Teddy could learn a lot from me.

mrs skinner is already well versed in sulking and pouting. you're right about teddy and moj though...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:40 am

so for people like me who dont follow this stuff this closely...

is he considered better or worse than murphy?

and if hes better, is he better or worse than the guy we got from maryland?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:54 am

Don't y'all realize what we just got?

A guy fired from his last 2 HC jobs.

What could be better for our program than that?
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:10 am

hey roonie - here's a hypothetical for you.

what if providence finally tires of dealing with cooley and decide to let him go quietly. would you support boston college hiring him as their head coach in place of jimmy mac?

i'll hang up so i can hear your response.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:11 pm

I'm still pissed that the Patriots hired that guy that got fired in Cleveland. Or that offensive coordinator that got fired as a head coach in Denver. Hiring fired coaches never works.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:13 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:so for people like me who dont follow this stuff this closely...

Better than Murphy. On Spinelli's level
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm still pissed that the Patriots hired that guy that got fired in Cleveland. Or that offensive coordinator that got fired as a head coach in Denver. Hiring fired coaches never works.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:so for people like me who dont follow this stuff this closely...

I will play the devil's advocate here and point out that Murphy outrecruited Spinelli pretty clearly over the past 2 years.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:38 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I will play the devil's advocate here and point out that Murphy outrecruited Spinelli pretty clearly over the past 2 years.

That's only because JC can't close.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:21 pm

follow up is he more entertaining than spinelli on the bench?

if so, he's a GRAND SLAM HIRE
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:03 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

You don't get credit for a second place finish. I thought Spinelli got at least Turner and Graves. I'd say the two of them are pretty even
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:At the time of his hire, we thought Don was a good coach with a very good recruiter joining him. Turns out he sucks ass as a coach and Joe Jones left. That is all.

College basketball is like 95% players and 5% coaching, as evidenced by any final four appearance by Roy Williams or Paul Hewitt. Boehim is crappy at actually coaching also but he has silly talent. Bill Self is also clueless out there but a blind squirrel could get talent to Kansas.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:35 pm

Still no mention of the Heath hire on bceagles.com. Is it not worthy of a press release?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:42 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Still no mention of the Heath hire on bceagles.com. Is it not worthy of a press release?

No. He got fired from his last two head coaching jobs. Duh.

Btw... I think it is hysterical that Roonie of all people would cast a disparaging light on someone who was previously fired. Just saying.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

You don't get credit for a second place finish. I thought Spinelli got at least Turner and Graves. I'd say the two of them are pretty even

Preston got Milon, Turner, and Diallo. Spinelli got Robinson, Graves, and Barnes-Thompkins. No idea on Heckmann Jr.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum