Preston Murphy leaves BC for Creighton

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Preston Murphy leaves BC for Creighton

Postby Tom Dooder on Thu May 14, 2015 1:21 pm

I never thought I would have to post this so soon into the JC era.

You can lay it at Bates' feet. He doesn't have the juice to pay for a good coach, nor get the facilities a good program requires. JC isn't an ACC coach and should have never been hired. That BC is in the ACC and has such sub-par facilities is a travesty. Great juxtaposition between Creighton and BC btw.

What a disaster.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu May 14, 2015 2:59 pm

Are there any BC bball grads that are bouncing around the assistant coaching ranks ? I know Biko Paris is at Lowell (only 2 years in) as is Louis Hinnant (Director of Ops) but I wonder if there are any other BC related names that could pop up.

Wonder if any other guys previously in the role would ever be considered or if Christian will try to go back to his previous "coaching tree". Maybe someone like Mo Cassara who has ties to New England (was HC at Worcester Academy) and HC experience (Hofstra) and is in broadcasting now.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 14, 2015 3:08 pm

If you had just spent the $3 million on Jay Wright the facilties wouldn't really matter
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 14, 2015 3:09 pm

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:The reason Preston Murphy left was the high cost of living in the Boston area. He has 3 young boys and now his wife no longer has to work and can be home with their children. Omaha is a lot cheaper than Boston. There was nothing else to his leaving.

For the record Murphy was making more than $250K so I heard anyway.

Of all the ridiculous things I've read on EO this is Top 10. I am going to assume he is smarty enough to not leave because of that reason
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 14, 2015 3:10 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Are there any BC bball grads that are bouncing around the assistant coaching ranks ? I know Biko Paris is at Lowell (only 2 years in) as is Louis Hinnant (Director of Ops) but I wonder if there are any other BC related names that could pop up.

Wonder if any other guys previously in the role would ever be considered or if Christian will try to go back to his previous "coaching tree". Maybe someone like Mo Cassara who has ties to New England (was HC at Worcester Academy) and HC experience (Hofstra) and is in broadcasting now.

Cassara would be smart. I'm fine with Paris or Hinnant but not as a replacement for Murphy.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 14, 2015 3:25 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:If you had just spent the $3 million on Jay Wright the facilties wouldn't really matter

Jinx.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Thu May 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Should've hired Bruce Pearl.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 14, 2015 7:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:If you had just spent the $3 million on Jay Wright the facilties wouldn't really matter

Jinx.

We've been saying the same thing all along.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 14, 2015 7:08 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Should've hired Bruce Pearl.

I'm not at all convinced he would work here. The administration would get sick of his antics very quickly and the dummies he recruits at Auburn aren't getting into BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu May 14, 2015 7:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jinx.

Sure if the problem had been that we couldn't get nova to offer 3.2 it would have been solved by this course of action.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Tue May 19, 2015 9:01 pm

Why all the despair here?

Next winter looks promising, as we can watch the progress of our alumni across the land:

1. Coach Skinner @ KSU

2. Coach Donahue @ Penn

3, Ryan & Joe with contenders out West

4. Will & Lonnie adjusting to winning programs in North Carolina and Idaho.

5. Coach Murphy helping Creighton to a recruiting harvest.

We also will luxuriate in once again having our pick of seats at Conte, all without the obstruction of people sitting in front of them.

Who has it better than Eagle fans?
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby commavegarage on Tue May 19, 2015 9:28 pm

ROOOOOOOOOOOOONIE!!!!!!!!!!
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed May 20, 2015 7:57 am

Haven't seen you post here since BC beat the Friars, Roonie! Where have you been? Fighting pirates off the Barbary Coast? Starship to the moon? Internet privileges revoked at the geriatric ward? In St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed May 20, 2015 8:14 am

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:Why all the despair here?

Next winter looks promising, as we can watch the progress of our alumni across the land:

1. Coach Skinner @ KSU

2. Coach Donahue @ Penn

3, Ryan & Joe with contenders out West

4. Will & Lonnie adjusting to winning programs in North Carolina and Idaho.

5. Coach Murphy helping Creighton to a recruiting harvest.

We also will luxuriate in once again having our pick of seats at Conte, all without the obstruction of people sitting in front of them.

Who has it better than Eagle fans?

And you can luxuriate in a sea of dicks (and/or Rhode Island)

1. While watching Tyler Harris play for an up and coming SEC program under Bruce Pearl.

2. Pascal Chukwu play for a winning program in Storrs.

3. Bob Simon coaching with Avery Johnson down at 'Bama.

4. Kris Dunn play his way out of the first round.

5. The NCAA catch up with Andre LaFleur.

TRE can you please retack my thread. Thanks. Removing it was the equivalent of letting maroonn'gloid near an exposed electrical outlet, except the complete opposite because the latter would have been awesome.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 20, 2015 10:18 am

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:is unbanned. i'm sure the tyrant behind it won't let it last for long but for the moment he is able to post again.

roonie - if you read this... keep your bullshit to the basketball board and you will not get banned again. post your bullshit on the football board and certain members of the administrative team of this website will view it as spam and will permaban you again. i only get one save - so don't make me regret using it

------------------

Sorry, sonny, but my life is not governed by the likes of you or the "administrative team".

I am divorcing EI, and here's why:

1. This board tolerates only sycophants who are not mature enough to consider dissenting opinions.

2. This crowd self-deceives , refusing to see the real problem at alma mature.

3. They excel in savaging our former coaches. When called on that history, their Pavlovian response is juvenile, with filth or insult their staple.

4. They will not recognize that the BC hoops program has been reduced to irrelevance. How has the decision to axe Al Skinner nearly 5 years ago worked out for you?

5. Instead of asking the hard question about why our peer schools (ND, GT, NOVA, PROV, GONZAGA, e.g.) run stable systems with prosperity while we crash and burn, they now attack a coach who has done well in a short time in our region.

6. They delude themselves with foolish claims of off court misconduct, when the most grievous acts of that stripe occurred 35 years ago when BC game margins were sold to the Mob. How many other schools have been freatured in a major movie,
and how many others have had players go to prison and to Witsec?

7. This board has no journalistic credibility. Where else would a poster be ORDERED to write something at the pain of expulsion? Notice, THIS poster don't dance to that tune.

8. So, boys, I take permanent leave from y'all. Squabble on, insult away, and keep on supporting the sinking ship that plays to paltry "crowds" at Conte.

9. Bates seems to be a decent guy whose hands are tied by an unreasonable superior, and by a "faithful" who are anything but that.

In short, I hope that BC hoops one day returns to the successes of the Cousy, Davis, Williams, O'Brien, Skinner years.

Reality, however, suggests that under the current regime, it is more likely that the Braves will return to Com Ave first.

B Y E

i thought you left, pussy

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15079&start=22

no meatbomb
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed May 20, 2015 11:07 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:I'm glad Roonie is back. His posts appropriately embody the state of our program, both are fucking shit shows with no hope.

This is the only jhiggi post that I've ever even mildly agreed with.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed May 20, 2015 11:07 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:I'm glad Roonie is back. His posts appropriately embody the state of our program, both are fucking shit shows with no hope.

Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed May 20, 2015 11:12 am

Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed May 20, 2015 11:36 am

This is the only jhiggi post that I've ever even mildly agreed with
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

commavegarage
Devlin Hall

commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed May 20, 2015 1:11 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

This
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed May 20, 2015 1:11 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

This

This is the only post I've ever HANSENPOSTED
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 20, 2015 2:44 pm

I agree with your posts all three times.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shaddix on Wed May 20, 2015 6:03 pm

Serious question for anyone with inside knowledge. Honestly didn't read this entire thread so not sure if it was brought up....

Is it possible that BC didn't put up a fight for him to go? We paid him top dollar to recruit, which he did OK (AJ Turner)..... but he whiffed pretty bad on several recruits. We can blame JC all we want, but its Preston that developed the relationship with the players and ultimately would be trusted in landing the recruit.

Not sure if this could have been the case, but all I know is that we have top dollar to land a big time recruiter once again.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu May 21, 2015 7:55 am

TGOSB posters saying that a Mike Jarvis may be the replacement for Murphy. No clarification if it is uncle phil or his son that is in consideration.

I'd like it if it was Jarvis Sr., be kind of non-plussed if it is the son.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 21, 2015 8:02 am

I'm on board for either but the old man would be awesome.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby cremins on Thu May 21, 2015 8:07 am

yean bring either on board, hoping for sr. but either one is a positive step in the right direction.
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu May 21, 2015 8:37 am

Older Jarvis would be great. I had no idea he was from Cambridge. There's also this picture:

Younger Jarvis' bio doesn't mention any recruiting experience. The role we need filled is a recruiting role.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 21, 2015 8:39 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}: I had no idea he was from Cambridge.

wait, what? This is sort of like not knowing that Ayers had the first hit off of Dice K
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum