Preston Murphy leaves BC for Creighton

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Preston Murphy leaves BC for Creighton

Postby Walsh601 on Wed May 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Creighton's Greg McDermott has hired BC's Preston Murphy as an assistant coach, source told @CBSSports. Strong hire. Replaces Pat Sellers.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/598534653335707648
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Re: Preston Murphy leaves BC for Creighton

Postby eagle9903 on Wed May 13, 2015 12:38 pm

well that sucks.

I realize this is unfair since he is merely a content aggregator, but I hate the poster Walsh601. Every time he posts it is something shitty or 81ish.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed May 13, 2015 12:42 pm

I'm having a harder and harder time envisioning any scenario where we could possibly be good in the foreseeable future. We're officially on Turner, Milon, and Diallo watch now too, for anyone still keeping track.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed May 13, 2015 12:48 pm

What a weird situation. He's going to a mediocre team in a mid-major league in Nebraska. I can't imagine they have the ability to pay something far and away above what BC allegedly committed to assistants. He either didn't like Christian, or this dumpster fire is worse than we all think
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed May 13, 2015 12:51 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:What a weird situation. He's going to a mediocre team in a mid-major league in Nebraska. I can't imagine they have the ability to pay something far and away above what BC allegedly committed to assistants. He either didn't like Christian, or this dumpster fire is worse than we all think

Thank god Spinelli didn't get a head job this offseason. This sort of confirms all the gossip of the assistants throwing JC under the bus for not closing on recruits.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed May 13, 2015 12:51 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:What a weird situation. He's going to a mediocre team in a mid-major league in Nebraska. I can't imagine they have the ability to pay something far and away above what BC allegedly committed to assistants. He either didn't like Christian, or this dumpster fire is worse than we all think

Or he thinks that there is a greater chance that McDermott gets hired by a big'um than Christian.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed May 13, 2015 12:53 pm

I agree. Unless they are doubling his salary, this speaks incredibly poorly on our program.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed May 13, 2015 12:56 pm

I think the program speaks poorly for itself. What a disaster.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Wed May 13, 2015 1:01 pm

Hearing Nat Graham is the lead man to replace Murphy
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed May 13, 2015 1:04 pm

an ACC assistant from a northeast city in the acc is actively choosing to leave to be in the same position for a big east team in omaha nebraska that had nearly the exact same record as us last year

what a disaster
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 13, 2015 1:05 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:This sort of confirms all the gossip of the assistants throwing JC under the bus for not closing on recruits.

I don't read the beat-off thread. Is this really a thing?
Last edited by DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 13, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Iggle on Wed May 13, 2015 1:05 pm

Well, that's no good.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed May 13, 2015 1:07 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:This sort of confirms all the gossip of the assistants throwing JC under the bus for not closing on recruits.

No, but it doesn't matter does it?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed May 13, 2015 1:14 pm

Leahy needs to go and dollars need to be spent to upgrade the facilities.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 13, 2015 1:15 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

No, but it doesn't matter does it?

No.

So what current MAC assistants would realistically make the lateral move to BC?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed May 13, 2015 1:16 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Leahy needs to go and dollars need to be spent to upgrade the facilities.

Agreed, but that is really Bates' job. It is not like Murphy didn't know what it was like to recruit at BC with the facilities and admissions as handicaps.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed May 13, 2015 1:21 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Leahy needs to go and dollars need to be spent to upgrade the facilities.

Agreed, but that is really Bates' job. It is not like Murphy didn't know what it was like to recruit at BC with the facilities and admissions as handicaps.

It's not really the athletic director's job to make the president leave.

I think the departure of the greasy guy and the mustached guy and the muppet looking guy and the remaining terribleness, mediocrity and terribleness respectively more or less prove this is a bigger problem than AD and coaches.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Maybe Al Skinner was a really good coach
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed May 13, 2015 2:05 pm

I'm just going to post this tweet from August....

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop Aug 7
2015 Oviedo (FL) SG Matt Milon has named his top six: Creighton, Florida State, Boston College, Stanford, Davidson & Harvard.

....and this image

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 13, 2015 2:08 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:So what current MAC assistants would realistically make the lateral move to BC?

Look who's an assistant at Buffalo! Is he open to leaving?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 13, 2015 2:12 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:....and this image

OK, we get it, the facilities suck.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Wed May 13, 2015 2:15 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:So what current MAC assistants would realistically make the lateral move to BC?

Look who's an assistant at Buffalo! Is he open to leaving?

What in the hell happened to his eye?
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby Boston College 8 on Wed May 13, 2015 2:41 pm

does anyone know what this means for our recruits?

i feel like at this point they will stay.

also yeah creigton's record might have been bad last year, but if you follow college basketball you know that they have BU's best player coming in next year as well as a couple other high profile transfers. they are at least a bubble NCAA team next year.

i don't think milon would choose to go to them. he would play maybe 10 minutes a game as a freshman as opposed to 25-30 at BC. i hope we can keep all of our recruits as i like the direction of the program IF we keep all of them for 3-4 years, and keep recruiting the way we are with GOOD players such as diallo, turner, milon, robinson, graves, ect..
Boston College 8
n00b

Postby hinghameagle on Wed May 13, 2015 2:57 pm

hopefully if things were left amicably Murphy agreed not to go after players already committed to BC. Odds are against this though as college hoops is a cesspool.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed May 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Boston College 8 {l Wrote}:does anyone know what this means for our recruits?

i feel like at this point they will stay.

also yeah creigton's record might have been bad last year, but if you follow college basketball you know that they have BU's best player coming in next year as well as a couple other high profile transfers. they are at least a bubble NCAA team next year.

i don't think milon would choose to go to them. he would play maybe 10 minutes a game as a freshman as opposed to 25-30 at BC. i hope we can keep all of our recruits as i like the direction of the program IF we keep all of them for 3-4 years, and keep recruiting the way we are with GOOD players such as diallo, turner, milon, robinson, graves, ect..

Hanlan didn't stay
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 13, 2015 4:32 pm

This parallel's the Donahue regime perfectly.

Murphy leaving is an unmitigated disaster for the program.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed May 13, 2015 4:54 pm

Boston College 8 {l Wrote}:

If you follow college basketball you'd realize that Creighton on is a totally mediocre program in an over-rated mid major conference. The only reason they are an ncaa bubble team is because everyone in the big east is the same, average.

I have to agree with Epstein on this one, this is a disaster. JC built his entire recruiting plan on getting guys from NE, and he just lost his best recruiter in the region who essentially took a demotion to go live in Nebraska.

According to Hoffses, this shouldn't have impact on current commits, but you can probably kiss Shawntrez Davis goodbye.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 13, 2015 5:30 pm

creighton has far greater facilities and a much larger fan following. i'm guessing murphy got a significant pay bump and has a chance to be identified for a greater leap with the additional exposure he gets at an above .500 program (which won't happen at bc until at least 202x).

for those just realizing this makes the porgram look bad - what the fuck have you been watching for the last 5 years?

lastly, fuck siriuzkeeper and the rest of you that gave me shit in donahue's year two for asking why he wasn't getting shit on as badly as spaz got shit on. fuck each and every one of you with claver's micropenis
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed May 13, 2015 5:34 pm

Forget about Dejon Jarreau too. The "great" thing about this is it's late enough in the cycle to handicap us pretty severely in the 2016 class too. I really, really, really hope the new assistant has some sort of NEPSAC or New England AAU connection.

Also, I am reminded of this fiasco and wonder how Preston felt about the whole thing:

Aaron Falzon lives 10 minutes away from the Boston College campus. He grew up with dreams of donning the maroon and gold to play basketball for the Eagles.

Reality didn’t play out as smoothly as those dreams, as BC head coach Jim Christian decided to end his recruitment of the 6-foot-8 forward from Massachusetts. But it wasn’t that decision that bothered the Falzons. It was how he went about sharing that decision.

On Monday, assistant coach Preston Murphy called Eric Falzon, Aaron’s father. “Are you guys ready for your visit?” Murphy asked him, according to Eric. “We’re excited. Everything’s all set.”

They were. The visit, scheduled for Oct. 10-12, would be Aaron’s last. But fewer than 24 hours later, another call came in.

“Coach Christian called and said he wanted to end the recruitment to me,” Eric said. “I said, ‘That’s fine, Coach. I really appreciate it. Have you talked to Aaron?’”

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 13, 2015 7:02 pm

No amount of depression is going to make me believe a word that comes out of the mouth of Falzone's father.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Conte Forum