Skinner named HC ...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Skinner named HC ...

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:11 pm

At Kennesaw State in Geogia. Expected to be announced shortly
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Re: Skinner named HC ...

Postby BC923 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 pm

Good for him. I was surprised he hadn't got a job earlier, although I suppose if we were still paying him, why go get one?

I wonder how the rule changes are going to affect his coaching. Can't be as physical anymore
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 pm

that seems...like an unnecessary job for him
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:54 pm

never heard of the school before. i just looked it up in my google machine and discovered their former coach was reassigned under mysterious circumstances. maybe they are bringing in al to clean up his mess just like al did with jobias.

that said, it still seems like a small time school for him to be playing his daily pick-up games
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:57 pm

after the Bob Ryan hatchet job, he doesn't have many options.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:58 pm

maybe one of his kids is headed to school there :shrug
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:50 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:never heard of the school before. i just looked it up in my google machine and discovered their former coach was reassigned under mysterious circumstances. maybe they are bringing in al to clean up his mess just like al did with jobias.

that said, it still seems like a small time school for him to be playing his daily pick-up games

Pretty well known for baseball but a horrible school academically speaking with few (if any) entrance requirements.

It is a commuter school trying to transition to being more than a local afterthought. Sports and new housing is how they are trying to do it. They have decent grad programs. The changing demographics in Georgia and the huge benefits of instate tuition breaks will make it a better school in 20 years. All they want is some basketball wins to make a few more high school seniors who can't get into UGA or Georgia Tech want to go there.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:20 pm

He's on ESPNU now running that stupid offense of his which involves the Center throwing a post entry to the PG posting up which inevitably gets stolen for a breakaway dunk.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:39 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:He's on ESPNU now running that stupid offense of his which involves the Center throwing a post entry to the PG posting up which inevitably gets stolen for a breakaway dunk.

eep,

Your perspicacity is an inspiration to us all.

Yup, who would trade the record Al compiled here with "that stupid offense" for the 69-85 record his successors have posted to date, including 4 straight losing seasons (the only reason it is not 5 is that in Don's first year he had Al's players), no NCAA appearances and game attendance by only friends and family?
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:44 am

I'll trade one game of what I saw Saturday for all of the last three seasons of Skinner. And I am actually a fan of Skinner.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'll trade one game of what I saw Saturday for all of the last three seasons of Skinner. And I am actually a fan of Skinner.

What you saw was ACC caliber talent and athleticism...

There I said it.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:28 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:He's on ESPNU now running that stupid offense of his which involves the Center throwing a post entry to the PG posting up which inevitably gets stolen for a breakaway dunk.

eep,

Yup, who would trade the record Al compiled here with "that stupid offense" for the 69-85 record his successors have posted to date, including 4 straight losing seasons (the only reason it is not 5 is that in Don's first year he had Al's players), no NCAA appearances and game attendance by only friends and family?

Roy Willisms is impressed with getting to the Sweet 16 once with NBA level talent.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:03 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

eep,

Roy Willisms is impressed with getting to the Sweet 16 once with NBA level talent.

I really can't believe I'm reading this from you fucking losers.

Eepstein, 9903 is dead right, you must have micropenis.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:09 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

eep,

I told you!
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:09 am

Caddy, I was never a fan of firing Skinner, as you know, and thought he was a very good coach, but let's not go crazy. Guy was the Marty Schottenheimer of college hoop. We make fun of Marty Schottenheimer for going 14-2 and losing in the first round.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:13 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Caddy, I was never a fan of firing Skinner, as you know, and thought he was a very good coach, but let's not go crazy. Guy was the Marty Schottenheimer of college hoop. We make fun of Marty Schottenheimer for going 14-2 and losing in the first round.

I know and never denied that but Eepstein's comments are just fucking stupid especially after what we've suffered through the last five years and it's one game against a nobody. I'm more and more convinced he has micropenis.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:14 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Caddy, I was never a fan of firing Skinner, as you know, and thought he was a very good coach, but let's not go crazy. Guy was the Marty Schottenheimer of college hoop. We make fun of Marty Schottenheimer for going 14-2 and losing in the first round.

I know and never denied that but Eepstein's comments are just fucking stupid especially after what we've suffered through the last five years and it's one game against a nobody. I'm more and more convinced he has micropenis.

I'm like a Jehova's Wittness, spreading the word to the people being told I need to stop, not stopping.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:19 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I made the comment and it was more about style of play and level of athleticism than success. Al's teams were awesome, but often boring to watch, not that there is anything wrong with that.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:49 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I made the comment and it was more about style of play and level of athleticism than success. Al's teams were awesome, but often boring to watch, not that there is anything wrong with that.

micro called it a "stupid offense" do you agree?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:55 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

It's not stupid at all, given the athletes he could recruit. Fit his team perfectly. The actual offense is actually not bad at all the way Gary Williams ran it, it's just the way Al tightened it up and focused on high post passes that made it so compact and boring. But it was not stupid.

It's the functional equivalent of what Addazio does with his 8 TEs and ground and pound. That's only stupid because he went out and recruited a bunch of guys better suited for different offenses. Al stuck to what worked until, admittedly, the class with Sanders (although Raji and Paris were perfect for that system)
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

It's not stupid at all, given the athletes he could recruit. Fit his team perfectly. The actual offense is actually not bad at all the way Gary Williams ran it, it's just the way Al tightened it up and focused on high post passes that made it so compact and boring. But it was not stupid.

It's the functional equivalent of what Addazio does with his 8 TEs and ground and pound. That's only stupid because he went out and recruited a bunch of guys better suited for different offenses. Al stuck to what worked until, admittedly, the class with Sanders (although Raji and Paris were perfect for that system)

The bold part is interesting to me, who do you mean?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:21 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Thadd Smith and Sherm Alston, Jeff Smith, Elijah Robinson, all not suited for Ground Spazziazio
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:28 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

eep,

I don't want to rehash the Skinner debate. College basketball is 95% about talent and he recruited good talent for a decade.

The guy was a complete disaster at in game coaching which is why said teams of NBA talent never got beyond the Sweet 16.

I give the guy credit, but let's not pretend he wasn't horrific at in game coaching. Roy, Bill Self, etc. just have more NBA talent which is why they trip into the Final Four every once in a while.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:29 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Frankly I'm not sure those players were going to work in any system. Donahue did get them to the NIT but who knows.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:31 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Frankly I'm not sure those players were going to work in any system. Donahue did get them to the NIT but who knows.

The bold refers to the football team
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Daz ultimately wants to run the Tebow offense. They had Percy Harvin running those sweeps
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:26 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Daz ultimately wants to run the Tebow offense. They had Percy Harvin running those sweeps

Yes, I understand. In the interim he's recruiting guys for that offense and running the 1920's ineligible receivers, 6 TEs, cross buck ground and pound from two years ago. That's precisely my point.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:26 pm

Debating getting a ticket to the Harvard game, have a day pass for Sunday. Not sure I want to use it on that though.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Debating getting a ticket to the Harvard game, have a day pass for Sunday. Not sure I want to use it on that though.

Is this a coy way of asking micro to sit with you?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:40 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Debating getting a ticket to the Harvard game, have a day pass for Sunday. Not sure I want to use it on that though.

Is this a coy way of asking micro to sit with you?

Fuck no. He already sits with claver, and we all know about that guy and nametag events
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Conte Forum