Boston College 8's weekly suggestion of the 2015 starting lineup

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Boston College 8's weekly suggestion of the 2015 starting li

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:51 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
lastly, fuck you kb2525. i do sports just fine. i think this homoerotic "who's in my top 5" that bc8 keeps throwing out isn't sports as much as a "guy's i'd like to do" list for him. but i can see you defending your fellow safety school class mate. it's kinda cute. maybe you two could go share a soda one night or something

they didn't teach you subtext, huh?

Yeah they did, right after addition and proper use of punctuation.

He may be an alias, and a poor one, but there is nothing subtle about his posting.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:55 am

Great work, Dana O'Neil at ESPN. How much do these people make again?

---

Look ahead: Boston College Eagles
12h
Dana O'Neil, College Basketball Reporter
Shares
Email
Print
Comment

Jim Christian is doing more than rebuilding at Boston College; he's rebooting. The program needs a from-scratch overhaul to right what has become a culture where mediocrity is successful and success an impossible dream.

In the past eight years, the Eagles have had but two winning seasons. They haven't been to the NCAA tournament since 2002 and haven't won an NCAA game in a generation, dating to 1994.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:38 am

What a fucking idiot
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Bender on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:49 am

They corrected that article, although the dark forecast is still accurate. I can't help but think next year could awful, it all depends on who else is brought in to join the team. They only list seven scholarship players for next year, and while I'm an optimist on almost all the returning players, I don't see any of them being more than complementary players in the ACC. Only Clifford could start for another team in the ACC, and Owens might be a nice defensive substitute off the bench for some teams. I'm hoping Diallo and Hicks are good enough to become legitimate starters but I wouldn't be shocked if they aren't good enough to help. I guess we're all hoping that 5th year transfers and a last minute freshman signing but otherwise this season could be as bad as Donahue's second season. It's tough to stay patient given their recent history but hopefully they're actually on the long road back and in a year or two they'll be ready to compete for a tournament birth.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:32 am

Bender {l Wrote}:They corrected that article, although the dark forecast is still accurate. I can't help but think next year could awful, it all depends on who else is brought in to join the team. They only list seven scholarship players for next year, and while I'm an optimist on almost all the returning players, I don't see any of them being more than complementary players in the ACC. Only Clifford could start for another team in the ACC, and Owens might be a nice defensive substitute off the bench for some teams. I'm hoping Diallo and Hicks are good enough to become legitimate starters but I wouldn't be shocked if they aren't good enough to help. I guess we're all hoping that 5th year transfers and a last minute freshman signing but otherwise this season could be as bad as Donahue's second season. It's tough to stay patient given their recent history but hopefully they're actually on the long road back and in a year or two they'll be ready to compete for a tournament birth.

Please watch the games. I'm trying to decide whether the Clifford starting or Owens being good at defense is more insane. If putting both hands on the dribbler and getting called for a foul every time then sure.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:15 am

Clifford shouldn't be starting on this ACC team, let alone any of the others.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon May 25, 2015 10:02 am

BC8, you have my blessing to revive this thread if you'd like. I still have no idea how the minutes will chop up before any of us see them play but fire away
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Mon May 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Bender has nailed it.

BC IS on a "long road back."

By 2075, we should be fine.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby Boston College 8 on Tue May 26, 2015 11:11 am

as you wish eagleoutsider crew

JEROME ROBINSON
MATT MILON
AJ TURNER
IDY DIALLO
DENNIS CLIFFORD

GARLAND OWENS
SAMMY BARNES-THOMPKINS
ERVINS MEZNIEKS
DARRYL HICKS
Boston College 8
n00b

Postby Boston College 8 on Tue May 26, 2015 11:13 am

I think we need one more player for next year. a 5th year transfer power forward.

im hoping for an entertaining season where the young guys play lots of minutes. I am not expecting more than 9 or 10 wins.

at least we have some solid talent in here, turner, diallo. haven't had that since rakim sanders, josh southern, corey raji which was 2007.
Boston College 8
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 26, 2015 11:17 am

They could use another 2015 big and a 5th year PG with some handles. Then I could see them approaching .500
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 26, 2015 12:22 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:They could use another 2015 big and a 5th year PG with some handles. Then I could see them approaching .500

This team has no chance without a PG. They need both of what you mentioned but have no clue how they're getting to .500. The ACC is brutally tough.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 26, 2015 12:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:They could use another 2015 big and a 5th year PG with some handles. Then I could see them approaching .500

This team has no chance without a PG. They need both of what you mentioned but have no clue how they're getting to .500. The ACC is brutally tough.

They can get close to .500 with 3-4 wins in the ACC.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Boston College 8 on Tue May 26, 2015 2:24 pm

the only problem is if we add another 2015 big then that class will have 7 people.

i don't think we should have a class with more than 6. (as we have seen in the past)

it should come via the 5th year route

yeah we do need another pg but i doubt were gonna find one this late. gonna have to rely on robinson and barnes-thompkins? to do it. which is one reason why i see this team in the 10 win range
Boston College 8
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 26, 2015 4:51 pm

Boston College 8 {l Wrote}:the only problem is if we add another 2015 big then that class will have 7 people.

i don't think we should have a class with more than 6. (as we have seen in the past)

it should come via the 5th year route

yeah we do need another pg but i doubt were gonna find one this late. gonna have to rely on robinson and barnes-thompkins? to do it. which is one reason why i see this team in the 10 win range

10 wins is generous, very generous
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 26, 2015 5:05 pm

No its not. If they don't win 10+ games, then this recruiting class is no where near as advertised and the program is done for a long while. 15, on the other hand, is a stretch unless they pull another big and land a transfer PG.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 26, 2015 5:46 pm

agreed, the fellow eo assistant is too used to recruits coming in who have no business playing in the acc.

*disclaimer, this discussion is somewhat moot considering we have no clue of the schedule
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 26, 2015 6:13 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:agreed, the fellow eo assistant is too used to recruits coming in who have no business playing in the acc.

*disclaimer, this discussion is somewhat moot considering we have no clue of the schedule

If like last year they fill the schedule with bottom of the barrel America East teams sure they can squeak out double digit wins, but what does that prove exactly?

I feel like the barometer is ACC wins and right now I'll give them one. Teams with any semblance of size are going to destroy BC. Not having a PG will also prove to be disastrous and hamper the development of the wing players.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue May 26, 2015 6:15 pm

yay - ice cream for everyone!!!!

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Primetime on Tue May 26, 2015 6:58 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:agreed, the fellow eo assistant is too used to recruits coming in who have no business playing in the acc.

If like last year they fill the schedule with bottom of the barrel America East teams sure they can squeak out double digit wins, but what does that prove exactly?

I feel like the barometer is ACC wins and right now I'll give them one. Teams with any semblance of size are going to destroy BC. Not having a PG will also prove to be disastrous and hamper the development of the wing players.

I disagree. After seeing what ND did last year with no big men to speak of besides Zach Auguste, I think that shows that you can get by with 1 big defender/shotblocker. I'm not saying Diallo is Auguste (or expecting him to be), but it can be done. Spread the floor on offense with 4 guys around the perimeter, and play good team defense. Obviously I'm leaving out Grant/Connaughton/Vasturia. But give BC a post defender like Auguste to go with a dynamic playmaker like Grant (err, Olivier?), and surround them with shooters like Connaughton/Vasturia (Milon/Thompkins)? Then you have something to work with.

The test will be if they can weather the storm this year and stop the bleeding. Ty Graves can ball, and if they can get another Top-100 guy to play the post they've got something to work with in Year 3. If Diallo gets injured again, Graves decommits, Milon transfers...we keep sprialing.
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Primetime {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I disagree. After seeing what ND did last year with no big men to speak of besides Zach Auguste, I think that shows that you can get by with 1 big defender/shotblocker. I'm not saying Diallo is Auguste (or expecting him to be), but it can be done. Spread the floor on offense with 4 guys around the perimeter, and play good team defense. Obviously I'm leaving out Grant/Connaughton/Vasturia. But give BC a post defender like Auguste to go with a dynamic playmaker like Grant (err, Olivier?), and surround them with shooters like Connaughton/Vasturia (Milon/Thompkins)? Then you have something to work with.

The test will be if they can weather the storm this year and stop the bleeding. Ty Graves can ball, and if they can get another Top-100 guy to play the post they've got something to work with in Year 3. If Diallo gets injured again, Graves decommits, Milon transfers...we keep sprialing.

I always thought this was a 4-5 year rebuild unless they hit on some of those upper tier local recruits. I don't think you're going to see the best of these players until they play with a real PG. Next year with Graves and hopefully a top-100 big man I think we could be an NIT team.

With a 30 second shot clock you are going to see some bad stretches of offense this year from BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 27, 2015 8:25 am

I don't doubt that a lot of this year will be ugly. I just don't think as a whole it will be as ugly as you predict. Still remains to be seen whether they are done - there may be some things that they can do to speed up the process a little.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Boston College 8 on Wed May 27, 2015 11:19 am

i think 10 wins is fair. maybe slightly optimistic. i would say my expectation is either 9 or 10 wins.

i think that we can win in the non-conference and win like 3 games in the ACC.
Boston College 8
n00b

Postby eaglesfan06 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:43 pm

So here we go again:

Jerome Robinson
Sammy Barnes-Thompkins
AJ Turner
Idrissa Diallo
Dennis Clifford

Matt Milon
Darryl Hicks
Garland Owens
Ervins Mezneiks
John Carlos Reyes

If we can land Eli Carter...we might not have to wear the paper bags this year.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:09 am

I envision Carlos Reyes will probably start at PF. I think Diallo is likely to play the 5.

I had lost interest in BBall, but I'm now pretty excited to see this team. This turned out to be a pretty good 2015 class.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby ckoub01 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:28 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:So here we go again:

Jerome Robinson
Sammy Barnes-Thompkins
AJ Turner
Idrissa Diallo
Dennis Clifford

Matt Milon
Darryl Hicks
Garland Owens
Ervins Mezneiks
John Carlos Reyes

If we can land Eli Carter...we might not have to wear the paper bags this year.

Eli Carter would replace Jerome quite nicely, as Jerome was a fairly low-end recruit. I'd also trade Barnes-Thompkins (a pace/defense guy) for Milon (a shooter).

I refuse to believe that Darryl Hicks exists.
ckoub01
n00b

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:10 pm

So anyone care to guess what the starting 5 will be?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:18 pm

PG - Carter / Robinson / Hicks / SBT
SG - Milon / SBT / Robinson / Hicks
SF - Turner / Owens / Meznieks
PF - Diallo / JC Reyes
C - Clifford / Diallo / JC

Most minutes going to backups (in order):
Reyes (out of necessity)
Robinson
Owens (if small-ball is utilized to mask lack of PF depth)
SBT
Hicks
Mez
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:27 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Boston College 8 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Boston College 8 {l Wrote}:this place is dumb, be like other acc programs one time

I'm all for the discussion but you're not adding any value.

Do some research or something about next year and add some of your own opinion.

Clifford and Diallo are not playing together for foul and awful offense reasons.

so if clifford and diallo are not playing together give me your starting 5. exactly. we have no power forwards have you even looked at our roster.

hopefully we get a 5th year transfer which i think we will and they can split time with diallo at the 4

Hanlan
Milon
Turner
Magerity
Diallo

If we get a transfer I reserve the right to change this. Milon was one point away from being a 4* player. He won 7a POY in Florida. He's really good.

They need 2 transfers at minimum to avoid another throw away year like last year.

A decent opposing PF scores 30 on Magerity in that lineup; or would, if he didn't foul out with 15 remaining in the first half.

Solution to let him score 28 on Clifford or 35 on an undersized 4?

Magarity used properly creates as many mismatches as he has forced on him. There aren't many scoring PFs in college basketball anymore, and those that do, do so more from the perimeter.

This. Clifford looked awful defensively and it's going to look even worse if you ask him to defend a quicker PF.

See the Pitt game at Pitt.

Bump.

Clifford isn't playing the 4. The Euro kid grew significantly. He would be my dark horse to start at the 4.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Boston College 8 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:37 am

bump.
Boston College 8
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum