Hanlan

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Hanlan

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The fact that I have to convince anyone that the presence of Olivier Hanlan does not an NIT team make is simply, well, we've seen three years of that shit already.

He's not remotely in the category of "great BC players" let alone "great college basketball players"

BC would have been a fringe NIT team this year if you replace Clifford and the other inside players with some athletic bigs. So many games they would have won if they didn't get killed on the glass
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:11 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Officially going to NBA according to bceagles.com

agent or no agent?

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:42 am

Can Hanlan declare a redshirt and come back in 2016 if he doesn't like living in Istanbul?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:49 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Can Hanlan declare a redshirt and come back in 2016 if he doesn't like living in Istanbul?

I think he can play right away, so long as Turkey offers a graduate degree that BC doesn't
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:06 pm

I'd like to get everyone's input on what they think the loss of Hanlan means in terms of number of wins. I will say 3. Ready, go.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'd like to get everyone's input on what they think the loss of Hanlan means in terms of number of wins. I will say 3. Ready, go.

It's bloody meaningless since there's no control to the experiment at all given the entire roster is going to be completely different next year, not to mention that even if they win 2 games all year you will say Hanlan wouldn't have made it better anyway. Unless you've constructed a parallel universe where Hanlan stays and we can compare results, in which case I'd like to buy your parallel universe constructing machine.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:33 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'd like to get everyone's input on what they think the loss of Hanlan means in terms of number of wins. I will say 3. Ready, go.

It's bloody meaningless since there's no control to the experiment at all given the entire roster is going to be completely different next year, not to mention that even if they win 2 games all year you will say Hanlan wouldn't have made it better anyway. Unless you've constructed a parallel universe where Hanlan stays and we can compare results, in which case I'd like to buy your parallel universe constructing machine.

so with 3 freshmen starters we should all assume that dook will suck in 2014/2015 because the entire roster will be completely different than it was the year before.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:37 pm

I'm saying that there are factors which will affect the number of games that we win next year relative to last year outside of Hanlan's decision to leave. This is not a difficult concept.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:46 pm

Again, to clarify for you tards, I just said Hanlan would make the team better by three games, not that he would have no impact. Pony up, w3ird0z
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Again, to clarify for you tards, I just said Hanlan would make the team better by three games, not that he would have no impact. Pony up, w3ird0z

And at the end of the year, what formula do we use to calculate how many games we would have won with Hanlan, to verify whose guess was most accurate?

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Again, to clarify for you tards, I just said Hanlan would make the team better by three games, not that he would have no impact. Pony up, w3ird0z

And at the end of the year, what formula do we use to calculate how many games we would have won with Hanlan, to verify whose guess was most accurate?

That is not the point of this endeavor. Pony up.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:06 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This makes no sense. You want me to pony up a totally unverifiable number? Fine, 27 wins. Prove me wrong! 8-)

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This makes no sense. You want me to pony up a totally unverifiable number? Fine, 27 wins. Prove me wrong! 8-)

If it is unverifiable, how come you clowns keep citing it?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I agree with CP, this is one of the dumber debates we've had on EO. You can't prove it one way or another
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:27 pm

I agree that saying Hanlan is worth a ton of wins is one of the dumber things ever on EO.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:30 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:They would have been a fringe NIT team, maybe as good as a bubble team with Hanlan and a 5th year.

10 wins is going to be an achievement without him. It's nice BC is finally getting some athletic bigs. Unfortunately, they have no clue what they're doing on offense. Next year is going to be Donahue Year 2. 30 and 40 point losses, putrid offense, etc. it at least would've been fun with Hanlan, it is going to blow without him. I think the staff is doing a great job recruiting, but this isn't Kentucky, and they're not going to be awesome as freshman.

TWB is right in that next year was a throw away either way, but to say they won't be significantly worse is insane.

Unverifiable!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:They would have been a fringe NIT team, maybe as good as a bubble team with Hanlan and a 5th year.

10 wins is going to be an achievement without him. It's nice BC is finally getting some athletic bigs. Unfortunately, they have no clue what they're doing on offense. Next year is going to be Donahue Year 2. 30 and 40 point losses, putrid offense, etc. it at least would've been fun with Hanlan, it is going to blow without him. I think the staff is doing a great job recruiting, but this isn't Kentucky, and they're not going to be awesome as freshman.

TWB is right in that next year was a throw away either way, but to say they won't be significantly worse is insane.

Unverifiable!

Actually, the number of wins we will get next year without Hanlan is a perfectly verifiable number, barring some sort of season cancellation or changement de cœur from Hanlan.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:(1)They would have been a fringe NIT team, maybe as good as a bubble team with Hanlan and a 5th year.

(2) 10 wins is going to be an achievement without him.

Unverifiable!

Actually, the number of wins we will get next year without Hanlan is a perfectly verifiable number, barring some sort of season cancellation or changement de cœur from Hanlan.

What about the difference?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:(1)They would have been a fringe NIT team, maybe as good as a bubble team with Hanlan and a 5th year.

(2) 10 wins is going to be an achievement without him.

Unverifiable!

What about the difference?

i forget the section of calculus where we learned how to multiply by lottery pick. if i remember, it came right after imaginary numbers
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 pm

I tried three times with my own parallel universe constructing machine to create a universe where hanlan stayed - here's how it went:

Trial 1: Just as I was about to flip the switch, a Jersey Mike's delivery man driving a weenermobile crashed into the electrical pole in front of my house, knocking out the power to the universe maker.

Trial 2: TRE's animated boobies thread entries crashed the computer I was using as a control system.

Trial 3: A man wearing a Fordham Law t shirt spilled his jamba juice into the vent fan while kissing a man wearing a UConn Law t shirt, shorting out the cooling system.

This string of improbably coincidences lead me to believe that Hanlan staying created a parallel universe that was abhorrent to nature, and so the machine interfered with itself from the future to avoid this condition. You're welcome to try my universe maker, but I'd like to point out, after all my trials, we're still in a universe where Spaz was a football coach for a few years.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:07 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

I tried three times with my own parallel universe constructing machine to create a universe where hanlan stayed - here's how it went:

Trial 1: Just as I was about to flip the switch, a Jersey Mike's delivery man driving a weenermobile crashed into the electrical pole in front of my house, knocking out the power to the universe maker.

Trial 2: TRE's animated boobies thread entries crashed the computer I was using as a control system.

Trial 3: A man wearing a Fordham Law t shirt spilled his jamba juice into the vent fan while kissing a man wearing a UConn Law t shirt, shorting out the cooling system.

This string of improbably coincidences lead me to believe that Hanlan staying created a parallel universe that was abhorrent to nature, and so the machine interfered with itself from the future to avoid this condition. You're welcome to try my universe maker, but I'd like to point out, after all my trials, we're still in a universe where Spaz was a football coach for a few years.

This is simultaneously awesome and probably too much for the w3ird0z
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:04 pm

if tonto won't come back to grace us with his posting more, maybe tonto's wang can help pick up the slack

EDIT - damn, that was tcs.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:00 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

Hey teddy. Albany called. They want their diploma back because you're too fucking retarded.

I
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:52 am

For those who think fifth year Jordan Daniels wouldn't help the team, please answer me this: Who is playing point guard next year? If you answered true freshman SG Jerome Robinson for 40 minutes, you are only proving my point.

I think he comes if the staff wants him. Right now we need like 5 more players would love to see a mix of a couple freshmen, fifth years, and transfers.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby NJM89 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:45 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:For those who think fifth year Jordan Daniels wouldn't help the team, please answer me this: Who is playing point guard next year? If you answered true freshman SG Jerome Robinson for 40 minutes, you are only proving my point.

I think he comes if the staff wants him. Right now we need like 5 more players would love to see a mix of a couple freshmen, fifth years, and transfers.

I would take back Daniels considering we literally have no pg on the roster. I remember that one win we had in the ACC (was probably our only win?) when he was a freshman against FSU i believe, and he went bonkers and looked good. Sucks that he never grew since he was nationally recognized in his early high school years always had talent. Still dont see Robinson as a true point guard maybe for like 10min tops a game at the point. He really only has Clifford as a connection and im sure most of his friends at the school from the past will be graduating next month. I think he ends up in the WCC with Rahon.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:16 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

Hey teddy. Albany called. They want their diploma back because you're too fucking retarded.

I

Do I have to give back the one with the eagle on it too?

Dance
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:21 am

is this conversation still going on?

you guys have made tws entire week less boring
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:31 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:is this conversation still going on?

You and HJS just want to ruin shit.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:35 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:is this conversation still going on?

You and HJS just want to ruin shit.

i cant help but point and laugh at people sometimes
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:09 am

in fairness to braylon, this thread was approaching meatbomb territory.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum