Hanlan

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Hanlan

Postby Boston College 8 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:22 pm

what do people think

is he gone or coming back

right now i see it as 60/40 he goes to the NBA
Boston College 8
n00b

Re: Hanlan

Postby Boston College 8 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:23 pm

if he does come back i can honestly see this as like an 18 win team. finishing like between 7-9 in the ACC. being average which is pretty good in the acc.
Boston College 8
n00b

Postby Boston College 8 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:01 pm

NBA????
Boston College 8
n00b

Postby BCdee on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:28 pm

If I had to guess, I think Hanlon will leave for the NBA...

I hope this creepy picture of Joe Biden and John Travolta can grant us comfort from all the crappy years of BC basketball we've experienced. It will get better one day (I hope...)

BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:54 pm

was that the tre household last night?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:54 pm

A lot of the guys on the team (Hanlan and the seniors) were unhappy with the coaching change for the same reasons that we all were, in addition to the fact that Christian is much more of a hardass than Donahue was. The morale was really low for most of the season, and so I wouldn't be surprised to see Hanlan leave. That being said, where is he gonna go? He's a second rounder right now if he has good workouts, and it could be tough for him to transfer unless he graduates. Maybe the winning streak towards the end of the season helps keep him around? I'm not sure, but it could get pretty bad if he goes.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:54 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}: unhappy with the coaching change for the same reasons that we all were

We were?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}: unhappy with the coaching change for the same reasons that we all were

We were?

so now you are mojing to say you were happy that we hired jimmy mac?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

We were?

My bad I was unclear. The Christian hire.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

We were?

No, but it was better than keeping the other piece of shit. I thought he was implying that Hanlan loved Don, not that he was underwhelmed with JC
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

We were?

No, but it was better than keeping the other piece of shit. I thought he was implying that Hanlan loved Don, not that he was underwhelmed with JC

Watching ND succeed with a team of several Massachusetts guys has been one of my least favorite developments of the past two years. Don deserved to go for that alone. I might be the only one, but I would pay to read a detailed report of the recruiting efforts made by Don and his staff and their responses to the failures. Of course, a journalist would have to care about BC basketball to write such an article or book and lord knows that person doesn't exist.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:43 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Watching ND succeed with a team of several Massachusetts guys has been one of my least favorite developments of the past two years.

Yup. And Medford, New Jersey native Steve Vasturia - who happens to be from the Greatest Jesuit High School on earth.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

We were?

don didn't make him play defense. what was there for oiklivier not to love?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:57 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:A lot of the guys on the team (Hanlan and the seniors) were unhappy with the coaching change for the same reasons that we all were, in addition to the fact that Christian is much more of a hardass than Donahue was. The morale was really low for most of the season, and so I wouldn't be surprised to see Hanlan leave. That being said, where is he gonna go? He's a second rounder right now if he has good workouts, and it could be tough for him to transfer unless he graduates. Maybe the winning streak towards the end of the season helps keep him around? I'm not sure, but it could get pretty bad if he goes.

If morale was so low, they would have quit on JC during this miserable season.

I'm not buying what you're selling here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:00 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:A lot of the guys on the team (Hanlan and the seniors) were unhappy with the coaching change for the same reasons that we all were, in addition to the fact that Christian is much more of a hardass than Donahue was. The morale was really low for most of the season, and so I wouldn't be surprised to see Hanlan leave. That being said, where is he gonna go? He's a second rounder right now if he has good workouts, and it could be tough for him to transfer unless he graduates. Maybe the winning streak towards the end of the season helps keep him around? I'm not sure, but it could get pretty bad if he goes.

this.

also, you don't think morale was low during an 8-24 season? before said season happened, by the way, they had some Top 25 votes. the season in which, according to Donnyhugh, it all came apart because the team "lost confidence?" But morale was lower during a season in which they improved and were in almost all of their games, win or lose?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:39 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

this.

also, you don't think morale was low during an 8-24 season? before said season happened, by the way, they had some Top 25 votes. the season in which, according to Donnyhugh, it all came apart because the team "lost confidence?" But morale was lower during a season in which they improved and were in almost all of their games, win or lose?

Good points. What I heard was from the preseason, and looking back at the season it looks like he did get them to play, but I heard of grumbling in the preseason. Of course that's to be expected when a new coach comes in, so i guess it was more just non-info
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:50 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

this.

Good points. What I heard was from the preseason, and looking back at the season it looks like he did get them to play, but I heard of grumbling in the preseason. Of course that's to be expected when a new coach comes in, so i guess it was more just non-info

My understanding is that they quite like JC.
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:30 am

I heard that he was working them hard as shit, but that is not a bad thing and doesn't automatically translate to hate. They looked like they wanted to play for him all season. \

After all is said and done, I was okay with JC's performance - they played hard, played defense, ran interesting sets, and got better as time passed.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:52 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I heard that he was working them hard as shit, but that is not a bad thing and doesn't automatically translate to hate. They looked like they wanted to play for him all season. \

After all is said and done, I was okay with JC's performance - they played hard, played defense, ran interesting sets, and got better as time passed.

I agree with all of this. If I have any criticism of Christian at this point it is his inability to close on his top recruiting targets like Mitchell, Mann and Sharma.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:25 am

I think Christian did a great job this year. Recruiting is going to be tough until the wins start coming
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:29 am

He's doing well enough in recruiting for now. Talent is being upgraded, will take time. I agree he missed some top guys, and the rumors regarding is in home closing demeanor are troubling, but I didn't expect him to hit with those types of players right away.

JC will be challenged once he gets this team to decent, where I now believe he will have no issue returning the program. We'll see if he has the coaching and recruiting chops to go further than that.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:04 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He's doing well enough in recruiting for now. Talent is being upgraded, will take time. I agree he missed some top guys, and the rumors regarding is in home closing demeanor are troubling, but I didn't expect him to hit with those types of players right away.

JC will be challenged once he gets this team to decent, where I now believe he will have no issue returning the program. We'll see if he has the coaching and recruiting chops to go further than that.

what are the demeanor rumors? I missed those
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:21 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He's doing well enough in recruiting for now. Talent is being upgraded, will take time. I agree he missed some top guys, and the rumors regarding is in home closing demeanor are troubling, but I didn't expect him to hit with those types of players right away.

People kept saying that his closing ability is nonexistent, which is all personality, and supported (perhaps coincidentally) by the course of recruiting. They aren't my rumors, I just heard them.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

People kept saying that his closing ability is nonexistent, which is all personality, and supported (perhaps coincidentally) by the course of recruiting. They aren't my rumors, I just heard them.

Gotcha, I had taken those statements to be mainly from the unwashed masses who thought Donovan Mitchell was going to pick the current state of BC over Louisville.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:32 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Gotcha, I had taken those statements to be mainly from the unwashed masses who thought Donovan Mitchell was going to pick the current state of BC over Louisville.

It seemed to be a common theme this past season that BC was "in good shape" as long as it was Murphy and Spinelli doing the talking. Like I said, may be coincidence, but the Falzone thing made me think smoke = fire (despite the fact that Falzone's dad sounds like an assclown).

EDIT- Falzone, not Sharma
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:43 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

It seemed to be a common theme this past season that BC was "in good shape" as long as it was Murphy and Spinelli doing the talking. Like I said, may be coincidence, but the Falzone thing made me think smoke = fire (despite the fact that Falzone's dad sounds like an assclown).

EDIT- Falzone, not Sharma

I'd forgotten about Falzone and his dad. That was a weird situation.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:53 pm

i thought we lost on falzon because setti warren can't dance
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:09 am

@HoopsHypeCA: Rumor is Olivier Hanlan will wait for advisory board results before making decision on a return to Boston College for his senior season.

The more I keep seeing his name climbing these draft boards, the more I think a team like the Spurs gives him a first round guarantee and he's gone.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:12 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:@HoopsHypeCA: Rumor is Olivier Hanlan will wait for advisory board results before making decision on a return to Boston College for his senior season.

The more I keep seeing his name climbing these draft boards, the more I think a team like the Spurs gives him a first round guarantee and he's gone.

Where have you seen him rising? I've seen him no higher than first pick of second round, but I admit I haven't been following this closely.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:17 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:@HoopsHypeCA: Rumor is Olivier Hanlan will wait for advisory board results before making decision on a return to Boston College for his senior season.

also, hasn't the advisory committee likely sent out their results already? I think they're due by Friday.

Edit: nevermind the tweet you posted is from 4/1. Its certainly not definitive as to his decision, but Hanlan probably has the advisory result by now or will today or tomorrow.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum