Injuries This Year

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Injuries This Year

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:21 pm

A lightly discussed issue this season has been the injuries this team has sustained and the effect on these end of game disasters.

As much as I may not like Jackson, having him and Hicks healthy would have helped simply so Hanlan and Brown don't play 40 minutes a night and wear out in the second half. Batten also has clearly worn out.

Similarly, Magerity and Diallo being hurt has resulted in far too many minutes for Cain-Carney and Odio. One of those two absolutely kills BC when he's on the floor, single handedly screwing up rotations and chucking shots.

Cain-Carney deserves a ton of credit, he's played very well when put into a screwy situation.

Not sure how many wins they'd have with a healthy team, but it would be more than this current disaster. Pitt, Louisville, FSU and Miami come to mind as games that would have turned out differently.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Injuries This Year

Postby sparky on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:23 am

There's also the issue of wear and tear, guys not playing at 100% healthy that we don't know about. I realize this happens with every team, but when there are less guys available, you are kind of obliged to play through a little more pain than usual.
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:55 am

Have to admit, the pretend-subtle shot at Odio made me laugh.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:59 pm

The biggest injury I observed in connection with this team was the murdering of my soul. I know that I should not care, that it was clear where this thing was heading pretty early in the season, but I can't help myself. I continue to watch and I continue to hope against all reason that the vomitous mass of low DIII talent that makes up 80% of this roster will function at least at a MAAC level only to be repeatedly kicked in the nuts by reality. According to my wife, there have been several games this year where I have spent the last 10 minutes of the game with a glazed over expression, gulping down wine like it is water and cackling whenever BC does something stupid or incompetent.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Return to Conte Forum