Pitt Game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Pitt Game

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:45 pm

why because he went back to being a too small scoring guard instead of a not good enough point guard? on his best day, he is a d-league talent that couldn't hit a clutch free throw if you let him dunk.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:20 pm

Hanlan of Troy
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:24 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:The Europe jokes carry a lot less heft today than they did a month ago.

He still is a fringe late second round pick.

The real question is does he have his degree at the end of this semester? If so, he'll 5th year elsewhere. I can't imagine he wants to stick around for another year of this
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:26 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:The Europe jokes carry a lot less heft today than they did a month ago.

The real question is does he have his degree at the end of this semester? If so, he'll 5th year elsewhere. I can't imagine he wants to stick around for another year of this

Technically, that's a fourth year.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Technically, that's a fourth year.

Does graduate senior make you feel better?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:48 pm

The new MTBSC with its replacement cast of characters is the worst.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:50 pm

if he has graduation in hand he's definitely gone.

and pretty much any school in the nation would take him
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:32 am

his lack of defense and plethora of late game missed free throws will make most teams pause on using one of their two selections on him. as teddy said, someone will throw him on their d-league squad and the true test will begin. it will be interesting to see how he does once the stigma of "no talent around him" disappears.

i agree that he is by far the best we've got but i feel he's regressed each year that he's been here. we're dead in the water without him and he adds the only spark on this team but that, in and of itself, does not make him a big leagues player. it makes him more of a turkey hanlwich
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:34 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

his lack of defense and plethora of late game missed free throws will make most teams pause on using one of their two selections on him. as teddy said, someone will throw him on their d-league squad and the true test will begin. it will be interesting to see how he does once the stigma of "no talent around him" disappears.

i agree that he is by far the best we've got but i feel he's regressed each year that he's been here. we're dead in the water without him and he adds the only spark on this team but that, in and of itself, does not make him a big leagues player. it makes him more of a turkey hanlwich

Hi TRE,

flyingelvii has a question for you in the hey 9903 thread.

Thanks,

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:41 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Hi TRE,

Thanks,

it's been addressed, siriuzkeeper
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:48 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Hi TRE,

Thanks,

it's been addressed, siriuzkeeper

Thankz
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:54 am

Remember when Troy Bell or Ty Rice singlehandedly carried a team against a superior opponent and then went 9-10 at the line in the last 8 minutes to seal it? Yeah me too.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:55 am

I actually think Hanlan's ability to make it in the NBA hinges on whether he can convince someone he's a weapon as a 3 point shooter. With a dangerous 3 point shot he could be someone like Lou Williams or Marcus Thornton. Without it he's Terrell Stoglin - aka not going to the NBA. This is why when he was shooting 20% on 3s early this year I thought he was killing his chances, and now that he's shooting around 50% in ACC play I think he's really really helping himself, especially now that his assist numbers have gone from "black hole" to "respectable creator." I think in interviews with the teams he can sell himself by repeating two lines 1) My assist numbers would be better if my teammates didn't stink, and 2) I can play better defense when I am not asked to carry my team for 38 minutes every game.

I think he's gone after this year and he's a second round pick, but it will be interesting to see.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:01 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
I think he's gone after this year and he's a second round pick, but it will be interesting to see.

i will accept these terms if you are willing to wager on it. an old fashioned signature bet... the loser has to include a signature of the winner's choice for a defined period of time. i suggest 2 months.

what say you, creepy al avatar poster?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:12 pm

Even shooting the three at a decent clip, he's not an NBA shooting guard because he can't cover NBA shooting guards. His path to the NBA will be tied to his continued development as a PG.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:16 pm

i will accept these terms if you are willing to wager on it. an old fashioned signature bet... the loser has to include a signature of the winner's choice for a defined period of time. i suggest 2 months.

That one's just my prediction, I don't feel strongly enough about it to make a bet. I am offering generous signature odds on Clifford being a starter next year, as well as Ryan Anderson averaging less than 25 and 12 next year, if there are any takers on those!

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:18 pm

That one's just my prediction, I don't feel strongly enough about it to make a bet. I am offering generous signature odds on Clifford being a starter next year, as well as Ryan Anderson averaging less than 25 and 12 next year, if there are any takers on those!

So to be clear, when he doesn't get drafted we can or cannot bring it up every time someone predicts things as a method of deflection?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:22 pm

Well I'm not saying I know I'm right when people question me on this one. I'm just saying this is my guess. If I ever say I know I'm right and then am proven wrong, by all means make fun of me.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Well I'm not saying I know I'm right when people question me on this one. I'm just saying this is my guess. If I ever say I know I'm right and then am proven wrong, by all means make fun of me.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that they know they are right when they are predicting things that haven't and may not happen. Doesn't stop people from bringing them up all the time to deflect from their own predictions. Just want to know if this one is fair game for that when I predict things incorrectly in the future.

In other words, if Clifford starts next season, and you brag about it, can epstein ask you how Hanlan's NBA career is going?

This is important
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Well I'm not saying I know I'm right when people question me on this one. I'm just saying this is my guess. If I ever say I know I'm right and then am proven wrong, by all means make fun of me.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that they know they are right when they are predicting things that haven't and may not happen. Doesn't stop people from bringing them up all the time to deflect from their own predictions. Just want to know if this one is fair game for that when I predict things incorrectly in the future.

In other words, if Clifford starts next season, and you brag about it, can epstein ask you how Hanlan's NBA career is going?

This is important

Yes he can and you can as well. Although in the interest of short circuiting this particular debate, I think Hanlan will eventually make it to the NBA, although not necessarily this year if he chooses to come back, and possibly not until after a period in the D League as well. Moving the discussion back to BC basketball, the reason I think he may leave this year is because he is already the age of most college seniors (extra high school year) and because if the NBA isn't impressed by him leading the league scoring this year, I'm not sure what else he can do on another bad team next year that would change their mind.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This is important

Yes he can and you can as well. Although in the interest of short circuiting this particular debate, I think Hanlan will eventually make it to the NBA, although not necessarily this year if he chooses to come back, and possibly not until after a period in the D League as well. Moving the discussion back to BC basketball, the reason I think he may leave this year is because he is already the age of most college seniors (extra high school year) and because if the NBA isn't impressed by him leading the league scoring this year, I'm not sure what else he can do on another bad team next year that would change their mind.

He could continue to learn how to play PG.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This is important

for the record, this is why i offered a wager. even something as lame as a signature bet puts the predictors into new found uncertainty.

i predict that hanlan will not be drafted next year. in fact, i predict that he will dip his toe into the water and realize that he will not be drafted next year and will either stay at the heights for another year OR go to another program that doesn't find it's head coach outwardly frustated with the players on the roster

if i had to signature bet i would gladly bet that ogy doesn't get drafted in the upcoming nba draft. i will NOT bet that he'll be at the heights next year because no one could fault him for leaving this dumpster fire or a program (thanks to beeker). first come, first served
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He could continue to learn how to play PG.

He's in the somewhat impossible position where his teammates are bad enough that the best strategy for the team is for him to be a selfish scorer (he's already proven he can score at this level). He's up to 9th in the conference in assists this year and that's on a team without many options for him to pass to and that plays at a slow pace. I just have a hard time envisioning a scenario where he comes back and his stock actually improves. He could average 25 points and 6 assists and I think he'd still be viewed about the same as he is now, just one year older. Also as has been mentioned, losing all the time probably has gotten frustrating as well.

edit: for Tobacco, I wouldn't be willing to bet anything more aggressive than "Hanlan makes an NBA roster at least one time, sometime within 2 years of leaving BC," which probably isn't interesting enough to be worth a bet... unless you're interested!
Last edited by Corporal Funishment on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:01 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:25 and 12 was the most ridiculous prediction I have seen in a while. For reference, the current leading scoreer in the NCAA is averaging 22 PPG and plays in the Big Sky Conference and not the ACC. The leading rebounder is at 11.9 RPG and is at Baylor. TW's brilliant prediction means that he believed Anderson to have the talent of a unanimous choice Naismith winner. As always TW, please dont let those pesky facts get in the way of an absurd agenda.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/individual/136

I didn't predict shit. He was already gone when I said it. What I said was he could have averaged that here if he was fed the ball on a shitty team with only one other player with whom he should have run pick and roll 20 times a game.

Look at it this way, not seeing the ball on a shitty team he was a consistent 15/8 guy. People forget that the way they forget that Rakim Sanders' stats look pretty much the same as those of Ryan Sidney.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He could continue to learn how to play PG.

He's in the somewhat impossible position where his teammates are bad enough that the best strategy for the team is for him to be a selfish scorer (he's already proven he can score at this level). He's up to 9th in the conference in assists this year and that's on a team without many options for him to pass to and that plays at a slow pace. I just have a hard time envisioning a scenario where he comes back and his stock actually improves. He could average 25 points and 6 assists and I think he'd still be viewed about the same as he is now, just one year older. Also as has been mentioned, losing all the time probably has gotten frustrating as well.

edit: for Tobacco, I wouldn't be willing to bet anything more aggressive than "Hanlan makes an NBA roster at least one time, sometime within 2 years of leaving BC," which probably isn't interesting enough to be worth a bet... unless you're interested!

He may be in that position, but the coach still wants him to learn how to play PG.

As far as the coach outwardly hating the players, he put a caveat on two guys that are clearly Hanlan and Brown
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:04 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:What if he averages 25 and 12?

I'm going to let this one die as now I feel like a jerk for constantly rubbing it in his face (as ridiculous as the numbers patently are)

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
As far as the coach outwardly hating the players, he put a caveat on two guys that are clearly Hanlan and Brown

only because clifford isn't 100%
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:09 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:What if he averages 25 and 12?

I'm going to let this one die as now I feel like a jerk for constantly rubbing it in his face (as ridiculous as the numbers patently are)

It's completely fine. I own it. He wouldn't have gone as high as 25/12, but there is no reason to believe that a guy averaging 15/8 never seeing the ball couldn't go for a lot more on a two man team running pick and roll with the only other player. 5 buckets and 4 boards might be a stretch, conceded. But just saying he wouldn't do it in a vacuum because no one else did it is worthless analysis.

All Americans are not usually the stats guys. That has changed a little with the rise of the mid major, but stat guys are usually on shitty teams.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:11 pm

For example, David Laury of Iona is going for 20.6 and 9.5.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:12 pm

Brad Waldow of St' Mary's = 19.6 and 9.2
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum