FSU Game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: FSU Game

Postby commavegarage on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:31 am

great duke unc game last night
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:54 am

I do enjoy people picking Brown to crap on after a close game. Without Brown, most of these games aren't close in the first place.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:08 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I do enjoy people picking Brown to crap on after a close game. Without Brown, most of these games aren't close in the first place.

This is how I feel about people crapping on Hanlan after any game.

All I'll say about Brown is that at this point he's got a pretty specific set of strengths and a pretty specific set of weaknesses and at this point you pretty much know what you're gonna get from him. We're better with him than we would be without him.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:16 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I do enjoy people picking Brown to crap on after a close game. Without Brown, most of these games aren't close in the first place.

All I'll say about Brown is that at this point he's got a pretty specific set of strengths and a pretty specific set of weaknesses and at this point you pretty much know what you're gonna get from him. We're better with him than we would be without him.

No one is saying Hanlan isn't the best player on the team, just that as the best player on the team, he is usually pretty bad. Brown is nowhere near as good as Hanlan, but he usually plays to the level of his talent, unlike Greek League.

They are, and should be, held to a different standard. Brown meets his.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BostonChillage on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:33 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No one is saying Hanlan isn't the best player on the team, just that as the best player on the team, he is usually pretty bad. Brown is nowhere near as good as Hanlan, but he usually plays to the level of his talent, unlike Greek League.

I think Brown's strengths are stronger than anyone else on the team as this point save Hanlan, but he really does need to stop trying to take it to the rim when it's 2 v 1 or 3 v 1. Step back and take a contested two at this point. At least he'd hit rim that way. Guy almost has too much confidence (which I supposed is okay given that the majority of the team has none).
"I love this moment so much I want to have sex with it"
BostonChillage
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:36 am

BostonChillage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I think Brown's strengths are stronger than anyone else on the team as this point save Hanlan, but he really does need to stop trying to take it to the rim when it's 2 v 1 or 3 v 1. Step back and take a contested two at this point. At least he'd hit rim that way. Guy almost has too much confidence (which I supposed is okay given that the majority of the team has none).

I agree with much of this, but I would rather see bad players go to the rack than miss jumpers.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BostonChillage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I agree with much of this, but I would rather see bad players go to the rack than miss jumpers.

What about when said players have tyrannosaurus arms?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:58 pm

Did you watch last night's game? Brown is a solid player who all of the sudden forgets what the fuck he is doing down the stretch of these games. His decision making is beyond shitty at crucial moments. How about this don't foul a guy up 4 with 17 seconds left as he is taking a layup? Is that a fair critique of Brown or is that piling on? Don't hand the ball to the other team as we are trying to run out the clock? Just does stupid shit. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:49 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

:kudos

This is what I will be calling him from here on out

i still prefer hanleuopre but that's mostly because i like to compound several words into one made-up word
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum