Next Year

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Next Year

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not true. Clifford's going to be the captain next year, he's going to represent us at ACC media day, there's going to be about 5 articles in the offseason about how "local kid looks to finish career strong after knee injuries," Christian's going to have a bunch of quotes about how Clifford's a great leader and he's important to the culture of the team, and Clifford's going to be your starting center next year.

Also I think the only games Clifford didn't start were when he had that virus or whatever it was although I admit I may be wrong. when Magarity's having a good game he should and does get the majority of the minutes, but on most nights it's Clifford and there's a reason for that. And yes, trust me I suffer through all the games, often in person.

None of your first paragraph is relevant to anything. Sean Duggan did all of that for the football team and did not start.

Clifford stinks. He's not starting next year.

Okay, I go on record that Clifford is a starter next year (BARRING INJURY, TRANSFER OUT OF CLIFFORD, OR TRANSFER IN OF A PLAYER WHO IS NOT ON THE CURRENT ROSTER). You go the record that he is not. No sense arguing, we'll just have to wait until next year to see. I'll set an alert for myself to refer back to this topic next October. Would you like me to set an alert for you to start preparing your concession speech in September? :)

Frankly Clifford is so bad that if he is starting again next season, I won't be watching because they will fucking suck again, so I probably won't notice you gloat about being right that the team still blows. The hope is that they have landed a couple of ACC players to go with Hanlan, so that Clifford and his ilk can come off the bench.

This. If Clifford or Owens are in the starting lineup next season we are in major trouble already.

Hanlan
Milon/Transfer
Turner
Magerity
Diallo

There is your starting 5. Clifford, Davis/McDonald, Owens and Robinson off the bench. Hopefully he can find a starting SG via transfer so I can drop Owens out of the rotation. I've seen enough of him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:26 pm

I get the sense Clifford is heading to the bench the second Diallo can hit the floor.

I also get the sense that Jimmy MAC can't stand this team so this only solidifies my belief.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:27 pm

Owens is a slightly better odio....that's a disturbing thought / reality
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:it's not worth it with these anyone is better than Chris Crane posters. Anyone with eyes should know that Clifford, especially once healthy, is light years better defensively than Magarity and any slight shift in balance that a soft front facing non-rebounding jump shooter brings is completely erased by matador defense and accruing fouls at a staggering rate. Now maybe Diallo will be a 5 and someone else who we don't know about will start at the 4, but probably not since that person isn't even in the equation right now but there is a zero percent chance Magarity is the starting 5 absent further Clifford injury. Zero.

This post has been written in a style dedicated to our friend nospace, wherever he may be.

Thank you for confirming I haven't gone insane. The real crazy thing is, I still like the discussions of BC basketball here way better than those on BC Interruption, where out of principle I refuse to post.

He basically said he doesnt' watch the games, but he agrees with you because he wants to stir shit up. You're still crazy. And Clifford is still the worst 7' tall defender I have ever seen.

Incorrect, that was not costco boxscore watching I was referring to, it was saying things pompously with unnecessary over emphasis on said certainty. Zero.

Okay then, well I gave you too much credit.

i read it as if he was lecturing all of us with his hands on his spandexed hips so in my mind, you're both right
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Boston College 8 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:55 pm

okay this is how its going to happen.

clifford is the starting center next year. i think he plays like 21 minutes and magarity plays like 19.

the only question is how you divvy up the minutes between them 2 and diallo.

i read somewhere that diallo came here to be a POWER FORWARD. so he plays 20 minutes at the 4, we get a transfer to play the other 20 min
Boston College 8
n00b

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:26 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:it's not worth it with these anyone is better than Chris Crane posters. Anyone with eyes should know that Clifford, especially once healthy, is light years better defensively than Magarity and any slight shift in balance that a soft front facing non-rebounding jump shooter brings is completely erased by matador defense and accruing fouls at a staggering rate. Now maybe Diallo will be a 5 and someone else who we don't know about will start at the 4, but probably not since that person isn't even in the equation right now but there is a zero percent chance Magarity is the starting 5 absent further Clifford injury. Zero.

This post has been written in a style dedicated to our friend nospace, wherever he may be.

Thank you for confirming I haven't gone insane. The real crazy thing is, I still like the discussions of BC basketball here way better than those on BC Interruption, where out of principle I refuse to post.

He basically said he doesnt' watch the games, but he agrees with you because he wants to stir shit up. You're still crazy. And Clifford is still the worst 7' tall defender I have ever seen.

Incorrect, that was not costco boxscore watching I was referring to, it was saying things pompously with unnecessary over emphasis on said certainty. Zero.

i read it as if he was lecturing all of us with his hands on his spandexed hips so in my mind, you're both right

Exactly, there is so much less to nospace than just the time he lectured people about a game he didn't watch in person. He could pontificate on anything really. Also, he was fat.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:56 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Exactly, there is so much less to nospace than just the time he lectured people about a game he didn't watch in person. He could pontificate on anything really. Also, he was fat.

he also blindly hated women as much as you blindly supported donahue

also, unless he died there is no "was" about his fatness
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:45 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

what a world we live in where Chris Huang is gone but nospace may live on.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:32 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

sit down, i think i have some news for you endlesssiriuz
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:35 pm

Did anybody listen to Meter and Abrams post game after the FSU game? I did not, but I was told they talked a lot about Hanlan, said nice things, and discussed him in a way that made it sound like he was going to enter the draft. They said OKC is high on him and their scout has been to all of BC's home games. He gone?
Last edited by MilitantEagle on Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:26 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

sit down, i think i have some news for you endlesssiriuz

I'm less concerned about the news than my ever evolving nickname.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby cremins on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:20 am

think one thing that would really help cliford, that you learn playing basketball at an early age, is to keep the ball up high when you are a big man.
they should be hammering this into him all day, every day in practice. he loses more ballls because guards and others are stripping him than any
big i have ever watched. my high school coach would have killed us. should be a pretty easy fix. would change his game a lot and it would cut down
on his multiple turnover games.

hanlan, i dont see why he comes back next year. unless he saw something special in any of the incoming recruits and if he saw some promise in
diallo and margity. if he doesnt come back, its kind of like when jackson left early, program is goign to be hurting for a little whikle with the youth
movement
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:49 am

Greek League shows up for one game and all of a sudden he's a one and done again.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum