0-5 verse 0-5

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 0-5 verse 0-5

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:04 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:i was at this game. there might have been 50 gatech students there? 100 if we count the band and players. contesque atmosphere.

i did not see blogboy.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants

Couldn't make it. Family conflict. I will be at Clemson next week.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:00 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
mod6A {l Wrote}:i was at this game. there might have been 50 gatech students there? 100 if we count the band and players. contesque atmosphere.

i did not see blogboy.

Why?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:14 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

i did not see blogboy.

Did Georgia Tech build an entire new arena or renovate their old one ? It looks very nice in comparison to the old one

Totally renovated the old one. A down to the studs-type reno. The new place is really nice. No hockey rink though.

:whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:45 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

i did not see blogboy.

Are you buying at the Esso Club?
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:21 am

Magarity has greatly improved this season.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:50 am

I didn't see one minute of this game. I'm glad they won.

That said, I don't need to watch any more games to know that Odio should be benched permanently and Cain-Carney should get his minutes.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:06 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Magarity has greatly improved this season.

Agreed.

I was shocked he lasted 28 minutes without fouling out.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:10 am

He also had a sick back door pass to set up Hanlan for the winning basket.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Mitch on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:18 pm

There were some encouraging signs in this game. Man, BC must have had a record number of driving layups + back door layups in this game (Hanlan, Heckman, Batten). Very impressive. As TW said, Magarity's back door passes to Hanlan were textbook. The second turned out to be the game winner. Magarity is a classic point forward. That's his game. Good to see him hit the 3 ball from the corner too.

Plus, the defense was very good----that is until crunch time again when they seem to lose their legs and their patience in favor of doing a lot of unnecessary reaching, like the 3 point play Batten gave up in the lane on a reach foul (note: Batten is such a good defender normally---not sure what he was thinking on that play). Coach Christian might want to consider going to his matchup zone in crunch time with the lead---and tilt it toward the good shooters. The zone would allow more time to come off the clock in the process, rather than giving up fouls on one pass and a drive to the basket.

Hanlan started slowly again, but took over the game in the second half. Brown had some big buckets---but he needs to look to draw contact on his drives and not show the ball as early as he does because he gets swatted too easily and he needs to finish off games better---man, his poor decision on the inbounds to throw it to a heavily guarded Heckmann, with a timeout still available no less, was not what one would expect from a veteran player. Coach Christian did a good job setting up the last ob play by stacking the players up near mid-court and giving them more room to shake their men. He may want to consider setting backscreens and threatening the defense to cover deep---which often tends to get the defense to back off. Otherwise, the defense can overplay all day.

Once BC can keep its focus in crunch time---they can start building confidence. This game was a good step forward on a day where Coach C got his first ACC win and Coach K got his 1,000 win. I like the symmetry of that!
Mitch
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:06 am

Mitch {l Wrote}:There were some encouraging signs in this game. Man, BC must have had a record number of driving layups + back door layups in this game (Hanlan, Heckman, Batten). Very impressive. As TW said, Magarity's back door passes to Hanlan were textbook. The second turned out to be the game winner. Magarity is a classic point forward. That's his game. Good to see him hit the 3 ball from the corner too.

Plus, the defense was very good----that is until crunch time again when they seem to lose their legs and their patience in favor of doing a lot of unnecessary reaching, like the 3 point play Batten gave up in the lane on a reach foul (note: Batten is such a good defender normally---not sure what he was thinking on that play). Coach Christian might want to consider going to his matchup zone in crunch time with the lead---and tilt it toward the good shooters. The zone would allow more time to come off the clock in the process, rather than giving up fouls on one pass and a drive to the basket.

Hanlan started slowly again, but took over the game in the second half. Brown had some big buckets---but he needs to look to draw contact on his drives and not show the ball as early as he does because he gets swatted too easily and he needs to finish off games better---man, his poor decision on the inbounds to throw it to a heavily guarded Heckmann, with a timeout still available no less, was not what one would expect from a veteran player. Coach Christian did a good job setting up the last ob play by stacking the players up near mid-court and giving them more room to shake their men. He may want to consider setting backscreens and threatening the defense to cover deep---which often tends to get the defense to back off. Otherwise, the defense can overplay all day.

Once BC can keep its focus in crunch time---they can start building confidence. This game was a good step forward on a day where Coach C got his first ACC win and Coach K got his 1,000 win. I like the symmetry of that!

The matchup zone idea is a good one
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum