Cuse game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Cuse game

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:08 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:Brown is atrocious and a stat chaser

He's better than the alternatives.

Pretty much all of them.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:36 am

Reading JCs quotes after the game, I think he's had about enough of this team. I don't blame him in the slightest.

His bench is an embarassment of non-talent
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:34 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Reading JCs quotes after the game, I think he's had about enough of this team. I don't blame him in the slightest.

where are his quotes?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:38 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Reading JCs quotes after the game, I think he's had about enough of this team. I don't blame him in the slightest.

where are his quotes?

show us the transcripts coward
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:41 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

where are his quotes?

Go find the Globe article. He skewers the bench players.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:46 am

“I thought the first half, the last 10 minutes of the first half, we just didn’t compete the way we were capable of competing,’’ said Christian, whose team hit four of its first 10 shots, all from beyond the arc, and missed 12 of its next 13 shots to wind up the half shooting 21.7 percent (5 of 23).

“Got after them at halftime a little bit and was happy the way they played the second half,’’ Christian said. “But you can’t do that in this league. You can’t come not to compete. We’ve got to get something from our bench. I mean, we had three rebounds and not one point from our bench, no energy, no hustle plays from our bench.

“We had a bad first half and then our bench, in these kind of games, you need somebody else to give you energy.’’

“It’s not about psyche, you just have to play,’’ Christian said. “You can’t have no points and only three rebounds off the bench. We put five guys in there and those guys have to give us a little bit of energy and help us. Like I told them, everybody is responsible for winning.

“It was great that [Brown] stepped up and played well, because he had been playing poorly,’’ Christian added, “but he stepped up and that should fuel other people to play better. But that has not been happening with us.’’

People who are left watching this team have been ready for Odio, Drago, etc to graduate for years. I can only imagine dealing with them daily.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:49 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

where are his quotes?

I don't read the Globe since they decided that that rag was worth charging money after 10 free reads.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:52 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
“I thought the first half, the last 10 minutes of the first half, we just didn’t compete the way we were capable of competing,’’ said Christian, whose team hit four of its first 10 shots, all from beyond the arc, and missed 12 of its next 13 shots to wind up the half shooting 21.7 percent (5 of 23).

“Got after them at halftime a little bit and was happy the way they played the second half,’’ Christian said. “But you can’t do that in this league. You can’t come not to compete. We’ve got to get something from our bench. I mean, we had three rebounds and not one point from our bench, no energy, no hustle plays from our bench.

“We had a bad first half and then our bench, in these kind of games, you need somebody else to give you energy.’’

“It’s not about psyche, you just have to play,’’ Christian said. “You can’t have no points and only three rebounds off the bench. We put five guys in there and those guys have to give us a little bit of energy and help us. Like I told them, everybody is responsible for winning.

“It was great that [Brown] stepped up and played well, because he had been playing poorly,’’ Christian added, “but he stepped up and that should fuel other people to play better. But that has not been happening with us.’’

People who are left watching this team have been ready for Odio, Drago, etc to graduate for years. I can only imagine dealing with them daily.

I'd go seven deep if I were Christian and just take my chances with tiring down the stretch. The five starters plus Magerity and Owens. You can play Cain-Carney for 5 min total if foul trouble persists.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:54 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I'd go seven deep if I were Christian and just take my chances with tiring down the stretch. The five starters plus Magerity and Owens. You can play Cain-Carney for 5 min total if foul trouble persists.

They could try taking the air out of the ball.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:59 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

So does this count as throwing the players under the bus? Or does it count as holding them accountable? Asking for a friend...
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

wouldn't that get us thrown OUT of the acc and require us to forfeit all our recruits?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:11 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

wouldn't that get us thrown OUT of the acc and require us to forfeit all our recruits?

Come on, it wasn't THAT obvious
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Probably what I would do but you're sacrificing long term development for short term success
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:20 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Probably what I would do but you're sacrificing long term development for short term success

See, TRE?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:02 pm

yeah, that's the former asshat of the year working his agenda. that impresses me about as much as mo'j missing it would impress me
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:05 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:yeah, that's the former asshat of the year working his agenda. that impresses me about as much as mo'j missing it would impress me

No agenda on that one, just an observation.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bunratty on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

where are his quotes?

I don't read the Globe since they decided that that rag was worth charging money after 10 free reads.

If you are interested, you can get just the Sunday Globe delivered and then have free access to every day on the interwebs.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:14 am

Bunratty {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

where are his quotes?

If you are interested, you can get just the Sunday Globe delivered and then have free access to every day on the interwebs.

Good knowledge, thanks.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:43 am

boeheim is a complete clown, everybody knew the crap that was going on up there
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:00 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:boeheim is a complete clown, everybody knew the crap that was going on up there

this

People on the twitter machine are talking about how "sad" his press conference was. Give me a break.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:40 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:boeheim is a complete clown, everybody knew the crap that was going on up there

this

People on the twitter machine are talking about how "sad" his press conference was. Give me a break.

i bet joepa didn't know
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Bender on Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:51 pm

Isn't this crap basically going on everywhere? Obviously UNC has been exposed in the lat year, and Duke seems particularly adept at burying every piece of bad publicity but the pieces that leak out make you wonder why the national media is so willing to publicly felate Coach K and pretend he's the only who does things right. There are just a group of whipping boys who have to take the brunt of all the media on their high horses to assuage their guilt about the hypocrisy of high level college sports. So Boeheim, coach Cal and the late Jerry Tarkanian are pointed at as if they are the only guys breaking rules.
Bender
Carney Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum