Miami Gamethread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:55 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:So BC hockey is on NESN and basketball gets pushed to NESN+. This is another new low. Who the heck gets NESN+????

I think NESN did us a favor sparing most of New England from this basketball team.

The depressing part is next year will be even worse.

I give Christian 0% of the blame for these last two losses, no matter what they write over there on HockeyTheInterruption.

Some really good play designs that were horrifically executed
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:59 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:So BC hockey is on NESN and basketball gets pushed to NESN+. This is another new low. Who the heck gets NESN+????

I think NESN did us a favor sparing most of New England from this basketball team.

I give Christian 0% of the blame for these last two losses, no matter what they write over there on HockeyTheInterruption.

I caught the very end of the game. We didn't lose that stretch due to coaching. Some good timeouts... some excellent play-designs. That said, being a good coach means nothing in basketball anymore. It is all about the talent you have on the roster. Whether JC can bring in enough talent is still the big question and really is the only one that matters. So far, his recruiting results have been mixed at best.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:33 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

I caught the very end of the game. We didn't lose that stretch due to coaching. Some good timeouts... some excellent play-designs. That said, being a good coach means nothing in basketball anymore. It is all about the talent you have on the roster. Whether JC can bring in enough talent is still the big question and really is the only one that matters. So far, his recruiting results have been mixed at best.

Do you think that Mark Schmidt of St. Bonaventure would be a great recruiter for the Eagles?
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:35 pm

I actually think coaching is everything in college basketball once you get past the top 10 traditional powerhouses. Butler and Gonzaga and Creighton were not top 10 teams because they were hitting up Oak Hill.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum