Dookies

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Dookies

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:46 pm

I turned it off when BC went down 20, and it was not for lack of effort on BC's behalf. The talent disparity was depressing.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Bender on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:16 am

Overall I was pleased with BC's effort. The most unfortunate part about watching them this season is the lack of contribution from young players, their best players are a junior, two senior transfers and then a Jr. who you just have to be happy if he's not injured and a limited Sr. shooter. No one to point to as a guy who could contribute once this team is actually ready to compete for a tourney birth, is there anything to be excited about with Magarity or Owens? As far as the refs go, it was typical for a Duke game, they have superior players and if that weren't enough they get a different set of rules. Okafor looks like a good prospect but I was a little underwhelmed given the way I've heard the media talk about him. Justice Winslow had three great plays but on two of them he was allowed bad traveling violations. As if the refs weren't bad enough we essentially got their home announcers as well, they seemed to know more about the scrubs on the end of Duke's bench than they did about BC's rotation players.

On a side note just to reinforce how rigged the system is, I don't think it was a coincidence that Coach K included two of his former players on the Team USA roster this summer despite the fact that there were better candidates left off the team, because it helps recruiting to point to Irving and Plumlee as more successful graduates.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:10 pm

Bender {l Wrote}:Overall I was pleased with BC's effort. The most unfortunate part about watching them this season is the lack of contribution from young players, their best players are a junior, two senior transfers and then a Jr. who you just have to be happy if he's not injured and a limited Sr. shooter. No one to point to as a guy who could contribute once this team is actually ready to compete for a tourney birth, is there anything to be excited about with Magarity or Owens? As far as the refs go, it was typical for a Duke game, they have superior players and if that weren't enough they get a different set of rules. Okafor looks like a good prospect but I was a little underwhelmed given the way I've heard the media talk about him. Justice Winslow had three great plays but on two of them he was allowed bad traveling violations. As if the refs weren't bad enough we essentially got their home announcers as well, they seemed to know more about the scrubs on the end of Duke's bench than they did about BC's rotation players.

On a side note just to reinforce how rigged the system is, I don't think it was a coincidence that Coach K included two of his former players on the Team USA roster this summer despite the fact that there were better candidates left off the team, because it helps recruiting to point to Irving and Plumlee as more successful graduates.

It probably doesn't matter most the time, but it helps when the refs gift Duke 10-15 points per game at minimum.

Christian was displeased all afternoon at the awful calls.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:50 pm

The Logitano Army was at the game. The refs were beyond atrocious. In the real world they would be arrested for stealing. To actually see it in person was just incredible. How bad was it? During the announcements to start the game the Duke players fist pump the refs after their names are called. I shit you not! I am shocked JC did not get a technical. He was going at them pretty hard (justifiably) with the referees basically telling him to go fuck himself. The elbow incident just a ridiculous circus created by the refs. He clearly had no intention to elbow okafor so the fact that they watched the replay and created the wrong call from that just makes me sick.

One thing to note with Clifford out there we actually were just about even steven if not beating them. The fact we lost by 23 is a real shame. I have watched us lose and lose badly over the years and we often just did not play well so no complaint but BC deserved better than that. The first call of the game like 15 seconds into the start set the tone of the day. Duke guy just ran into the lane out of control taking a bad shot and then came a late whistle.

To our 5th year transfers welcome to the ACC guys. WTF was that first half? Please never do that again. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:14 pm

ive seen plenty of teams fist bump refs prior to games
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:14 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:The Logitano Army was at the game. The refs were beyond atrocious. In the real world they would be arrested for stealing. To actually see it in person was just incredible. How bad was it? During the announcements to start the game the Duke players fist pump the refs after their names are called. I shit you not! I am shocked JC did not get a technical. He was going at them pretty hard (justifiably) with the referees basically telling him to go fuck himself. The elbow incident just a ridiculous circus created by the refs. He clearly had no intention to elbow okafor so the fact that they watched the replay and created the wrong call from that just makes me sick.

One thing to note with Clifford out there we actually were just about even steven if not beating them. The fact we lost by 23 is a real shame. I have watched us lose and lose badly over the years and we often just did not play well so no complaint but BC deserved better than that. The first call of the game like 15 seconds into the start set the tone of the day. Duke guy just ran into the lane out of control taking a bad shot and then came a late whistle.

To our 5th year transfers welcome to the ACC guys. WTF was that first half? Please never do that again. :ace

The best part of the first foul was when he got hacked at the three point line took three dribbles and they called it a shooting foul!

You really have no chance to win in Cameron with the way those games are officiated.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum