Maine Gamethread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Maine Gamethread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:45 pm

Owens is going to be seeing even less playing time when Jackson comes back. I don't think the positives he brings at this point outweigh the negatives.

Another thought that occurred to me during the game: Huckaby making that comment about Hanlan taking 228 foul shots last year and most guys needing four years to take that many shots is as reliable as clockwork. He's said it every game I've listened to. :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:51 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Owens is going to be seeing even less playing time when Jackson comes back. I don't think the positives he brings at this point outweigh the negatives.

Another thought that occurred to me during the game: Huckaby making that comment about Hanlan taking 228 foul shots last year and most guys needing four years to take that many shots is as reliable as clockwork. He's said it every game I've listened to. :screamyeagle

that's because huckaby is class of 94... back when the typical bc student was too stupid to find their way into a yoga class and/or matinee
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:46 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Without Clifford I see this as a <10 win team, unless Diallo is immediately useful, which I don't think he will be but don't know.

This isn't me saying Clifford is a particularly good player, it is simply saying that he takes up space and can move up and down the court, set screens, defend the inbounds (maybe with line stepping) and is occasionally good for a put back and that there is a crater behind him on the roster, Magarity Providence flashes turning into consistency and/or Diallo showing something notwithstanding. Now if he was healthy...

I'm fine with starting Owens and keeping him in the game for the 4.5 minutes he would last before fouling out , there would likely be at least an attempted alley-oop during that period (I think he is ~.900 pts below Beerbohm in alley-oop completion percentage, but it always looks like it should work). Speaking siriuzly, I get that he provides something otherwise lacking from the roster, I just am not optimistic about his progress.

Clifford makes less than 1% difference in the team win total. This team wins more than 10 games (not much more) with or without him. It's a better team than last year and they at least try to play defense now.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Without Clifford I see this as a <10 win team, unless Diallo is immediately useful, which I don't think he will be but don't know.

This isn't me saying Clifford is a particularly good player, it is simply saying that he takes up space and can move up and down the court, set screens, defend the inbounds (maybe with line stepping) and is occasionally good for a put back and that there is a crater behind him on the roster, Magarity Providence flashes turning into consistency and/or Diallo showing something notwithstanding. Now if he was healthy...

I'm fine with starting Owens and keeping him in the game for the 4.5 minutes he would last before fouling out , there would likely be at least an attempted alley-oop during that period (I think he is ~.900 pts below Beerbohm in alley-oop completion percentage, but it always looks like it should work). Speaking siriuzly, I get that he provides something otherwise lacking from the roster, I just am not optimistic about his progress.

Clifford makes less than 1% difference in the team win total. This team wins more than 10 games (not much more) with or without him. It's a better team than last year and they at least try to play defense now.

Its a better team primarily because of addition by subtraction. Losing Anderson is the key.

:whammy
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

False. Him simply being tall, rebounding and altering shots on the defensive end has made a big difference. We got killed playing Anderson and Odio at the 5.

He is useless on offense, 100% agreed there
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Owens is going to be seeing even less playing time when Jackson comes back. I don't think the positives he brings at this point outweigh the negatives.

I cant wait until Jackson comes back and starts gunning 3s off the top and the side of the backboard. I have no idea how we've survived without his critical contributions.

If the emphasis with the staff is really on defense, there is no way Jackson is getting major minutes, he is a terrible defender.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:07 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

False. Him simply being tall, rebounding and altering shots on the defensive end has made a big difference. We got killed playing Anderson and Odio at the 5.

He is useless on offense, 100% agreed there

I missed all but the being tall part. Yesterday was the first game I actually think he played.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:15 pm

return of clifford >>>>> loss of Anderson
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:33 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:return of clifford >>>>> loss of Anderson

you mean 25/12 anderson?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:37 pm

I haven't used "I'm bored" lately, but this amateur hour attempt at bait deserves it. Clifford stinks.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:48 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:return of clifford >>>>> loss of Anderson

you mean 25/12 anderson?

yup.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:50 pm

the philly intern's still got it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:53 pm

only missed three defensive possessions after this dunk.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:57 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Image

I'm surprised the rim did not block him.

Anderson was a great offensive player but bad on defense. Clifford is the opposite
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:19 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Anderson was a great offensive player but bad on defense. Clifford is the opposite

Clifford is just bad at defense and horrid at offense.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Clifford is just bad at defense and horrid at offense.

1 of 10 will not Siriuz
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:55 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:the philly intern's still got it.

if you say so. i didn't think much of this effort.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum