Cooley

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Cooley

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:51 am

Is going to get fired
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Re: Cooley

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:11 am

Paul Hewitt Jr isn't getting fired over a loss to Brown.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

roonie

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:43 am

is unbanned. i'm sure the tyrant behind it won't let it last for long but for the moment he is able to post again.

roonie - if you read this... keep your bullshit to the basketball board and you will not get banned again. post your bullshit on the football board and certain members of the administrative team of this website will view it as spam and will permaban you again. i only get one save - so don't make me regret using it
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:47 am

Only 5 more years of this and they will have a local Ivy losing streak equivalent to BC's
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Re: roonie

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:49 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:is unbanned. i'm sure the tyrant behind it won't let it last for long but for the moment he is able to post again.

roonie - if you read this... keep your bullshit to the basketball board and you will not get banned again. post your bullshit on the football board and certain members of the administrative team of this website will view it as spam and will permaban you again. i only get one save - so don't make me regret using it

I think you meant to say football the second time.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:31 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:is unbanned. i'm sure the tyrant behind it won't let it last for long but for the moment he is able to post again.

i did say football. jerk
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:07 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

i did say football. jerk

Why did you unban him? We don't want him over here either.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Cooley is more likely going to get fired because of his player's conduct off the court (which is a ticking time bomb) versus their play.

But it's nice to see he's learned the skill of dropping ooc games to crappy teams from his mentor
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:55 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Cooley is more likely going to get fired because of his player's conduct off the court (which is a ticking time bomb) versus their play.

But it's nice to see he's learned the skill of dropping ooc games to crappy teams from his mentor

how did beeker wind up as cooley's mentor?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:01 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Cooley is more likely going to get fired because of his player's conduct off the court (which is a ticking time bomb) versus their play.

Off the court misconduct was a staple of the Al Skinner era. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:02 pm

beeker dropped ooc games to crappy teams cause he was a crappy coach and his team was crappy.

cooley's teams aren't crappy
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:04 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

beeker dropped ooc games to crappy teams cause he was a crappy coach and his team was crappy.

cooley's teams aren't crappy

ummm, his players were throwing up from running in practice.

your apology is accepted
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:

Off the court misconduct was a staple of the Al Skinner era. :ace

This now called having actual talent on your basketball team
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Al had three troublesome player incidents (Bryant, Watson, McClain). The rest were all weed smoking and unsanctioned pick up games, standard fare everywhere.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:40 pm

I would substitute Ryan Sidney for Watson. All Watson did was jump out a window to avoid a fight.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:07 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:I would substitute Ryan Sidney for Watson. All Watson did was jump out a window to avoid a fight.

Eh, Sidney claims he was just trying to help Bryant, who was held at gunpoint, no? Bryant had other issues, but that's kind of the same incident.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:47 pm

PC fans should all dress like this to support their coach.

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:I would substitute Ryan Sidney for Watson. All Watson did was jump out a window to avoid a fight.

Eh, Sidney claims he was just trying to help Bryant, who was held at gunpoint, no? Bryant had other issues, but that's kind of the same incident.

No. There is literally no accuracy to that version of events. Ryan Sidney went to the apartment of one of Bryant's rival student drug dealers in Cleveland Circle and beat the living shit out of him to send a message. It was totally unrelated to the pistol whip incident over a "t-shirt". That is why Sidney was tossed out of BC post haste and he was never to be mentioned again. How it became not a big deal? The other guy being a drug dealer helped Gene sweep the story under the rug and Ryan simply "transferred" out. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:36 pm

Did the Cleveland circle guy have a delicious wang? If so, I think he's a lawyer now
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:10 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No. There is literally no accuracy to that version of events. Ryan Sidney went to the apartment of one of Bryant's rival student drug dealers in Cleveland Circle and beat the living shit out of him to send a message. It was totally unrelated to the pistol whip incident over a "t-shirt". That is why Sidney was tossed out of BC post haste and he was never to be mentioned again. How it became not a big deal? The other guy being a drug dealer helped Gene sweep the story under the rug and Ryan simply "transferred" out. :ace

Fair enough. I only knew the story dug up by the Heights in like 2009 in an expose that doesn't tell about that other event.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Fair enough. I only knew the story dug up by the Heights in like 2009 in an expose that doesn't tell about that other event.

the heights article was a sidney puff-piece "where are they now" type bullshit. as the steve perry fan pointed out... it was a little light on the backstory
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:02 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Remember when Ryan Sidney played with a broken jaw? Was that a basketball injury or a turf war injury?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:58 pm

------------------

Sorry, sonny, but my life is not governed by the likes of you or the "administrative team".

I am divorcing EI, and here's why:

1. This board tolerates only sycophants who are not mature enough to consider dissenting opinions.

2. This crowd self-deceives , refusing to see the real problem at alma mature.

3. They excel in savaging our former coaches. When called on that history, their Pavlovian response is juvenile, with filth or insult their staple.

4. They will not recognize that the BC hoops program has been reduced to irrelevance. How has the decision to axe Al Skinner nearly 5 years ago worked out for you?

5. Instead of asking the hard question about why our peer schools (ND, GT, NOVA, PROV, GONZAGA, e.g.) run stable systems with prosperity while we crash and burn, they now attack a coach who has done well in a short time in our region.

6. They delude themselves with foolish claims of off court misconduct, when the most grievous acts of that stripe occurred 35 years ago when BC game margins were sold to the Mob. How many other schools have been freatured in a major movie,
and how many others have had players go to prison and to Witsec?

7. This board has no journalistic credibility. Where else would a poster be ORDERED to write something at the pain of expulsion? Notice, THIS poster don't dance to that tune.

8. So, boys, I take permanent leave from y'all. Squabble on, insult away, and keep on supporting the sinking ship that plays to paltry "crowds" at Conte.

9. Bates seems to be a decent guy whose hands are tied by an unreasonable superior, and by a "faithful" who are anything but that.

In short, I hope that BC hoops one day returns to the successes of the Cousy, Davis, Williams, O'Brien, Skinner years.

Reality, however, suggests that under the current regime, it is more likely that the Braves will return to Com Ave first.

B Y E
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:10 pm

well, at least you came back to make sure you weren't banned anymore to let us know that it doesn't matter that you're not banned... you won't be posting here anymore.

see you soon, mrs. cooley

edit - you're delusional if you think the "masses" that post here are satisfied with the state of the program or don't recognize that hiring jimmy mac isn't going to turn the program around immediately/ever. but you keep tilting those windmills and maybe someone, somewhere, someday will listen to/tolerate your bullshit.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:40 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

------------------

Sorry, sonny, but my life is not governed by the likes of you or the "administrative team".

I am divorcing EI, and here's why:

1. This board tolerates only sycophants who are not mature enough to consider dissenting opinions.

2. This crowd self-deceives , refusing to see the real problem at alma mature.

3. They excel in savaging our former coaches. When called on that history, their Pavlovian response is juvenile, with filth or insult their staple.

4. They will not recognize that the BC hoops program has been reduced to irrelevance. How has the decision to axe Al Skinner nearly 5 years ago worked out for you?

5. Instead of asking the hard question about why our peer schools (ND, GT, NOVA, PROV, GONZAGA, e.g.) run stable systems with prosperity while we crash and burn, they now attack a coach who has done well in a short time in our region.

6. They delude themselves with foolish claims of off court misconduct, when the most grievous acts of that stripe occurred 35 years ago when BC game margins were sold to the Mob. How many other schools have been freatured in a major movie,
and how many others have had players go to prison and to Witsec?

7. This board has no journalistic credibility. Where else would a poster be ORDERED to write something at the pain of expulsion? Notice, THIS poster don't dance to that tune.

8. So, boys, I take permanent leave from y'all. Squabble on, insult away, and keep on supporting the sinking ship that plays to paltry "crowds" at Conte.

9. Bates seems to be a decent guy whose hands are tied by an unreasonable superior, and by a "faithful" who are anything but that.

In short, I hope that BC hoops one day returns to the successes of the Cousy, Davis, Williams, O'Brien, Skinner years.

Reality, however, suggests that under the current regime, it is more likely that the Braves will return to Com Ave first.

B Y E

Hi gloidy,

Providence game was great huh?

B Y E
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:51 pm

shit, my journalistic integrity has been challenged, game on
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:20 am

I hadn't read a MnG post in a long time. Is his point really that people are satisfied with the status quo here?

Guys, I think you should all be ashamed of yourselves for ganging up on a special needs person so viciously.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:14 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I hadn't read a MnG post in a long time. Is his point really that people are satisfied with the status quo here?

Guys, I think you should all be ashamed of yourselves for ganging up on a special needs person so viciously.

his real issue is that fr leahy and gdf fired his buddy al before al deserved firing and ran off jobias in spite of his massive history of success.

he doesn't really respond to folks pointing out that jobias had a couple of good years but truly underperformed for the most part (especially with the curley, eisley, huckaby, GEE-rod class) and in the end filed a lawsuit against the university. he also doesn't respond to folks that point out that al's performance started to wane shortly after his key assistants went and found other coaching jobs.

for the first time ever, both on this website and from my keyboard, there may have been an exaggeration posted. that said, roonie's problems were with the school's administration and he called us all fool for not realizing it. that's where his window licking was the most pronounced - as if he's the only one that didn't think jimmy mac was the man that would get us back to single digit place in the acc

EDIT - that's also why he felt it important to post something on the football board. not enough people were blaming the school administration/board so he had to point out they were at fault. sadly, as you know, that's what got him murtered
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:11 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I hadn't read a MnG post in a long time. Is his point really that people are satisfied with the status quo here?

his real issue is that fr leahy and gdf fired his buddy al before al deserved firing and ran off jobias in spite of his massive history of success.

he doesn't really respond to folks pointing out that jobias had a couple of good years but truly underperformed for the most part (especially with the curley, eisley, huckaby, GEE-rod class) and in the end filed a lawsuit against the university. he also doesn't respond to folks that point out that al's performance started to wane shortly after his key assistants went and found other coaching jobs.

for the first time ever, both on this website and from my keyboard, there may have been an exaggeration posted. that said, roonie's problems were with the school's administration and he called us all fool for not realizing it. that's where his window licking was the most pronounced - as if he's the only one that didn't think jimmy mac was the man that would get us back to single digit place in the acc

EDIT - that's also why he felt it important to post something on the football board. not enough people were blaming the school administration/board so he had to point out they were at fault. sadly, as you know, that's what got him murtered

In fairness to Roonie, he's right about Al's dismissal.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:18 am

at best i can say al's dismissal came one year too soon. maybe he would have turned rakimsteak and the gang around in that last year but i didn't have faith that it was coming.

the bigger issue i have with the al firing was the salting of the fields with rumors of lazy basically ending the man's career. true or not, that's not something gdf and vinny should have done
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Next

Return to Conte Forum