Basketball receives head coaching endowment gift

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Basketball receives head coaching endowment gift

Postby bchockey04 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:05 am

Should hopefully free up some money to improve other areas.

http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/120514aaa.html

Athletics Receives Gift To Endow Head Basketball Coaching Position
Gift Honors a Parent's Love of Basketball

Dec. 5, 2014
Boston College has received a gift from alumna and Boston College Trustee Karen Izzi Bristing, and her husband Steve Bristing, to endow its head men's basketball coaching position held by Jim Christian. The largest donation ever made to the men's basketball program, the gift honors Karen's parents Clement and Elizabeth Izzi. In particular, the Bristings say, it was Mr. Izzi's love and enjoyment of basketball that inspired them to make this commitment.

"We are most grateful to the Bristings and Izzis for their devotion and commitment to Boston College and especially our men's basketball program," said Director of Athletics Brad Bates. "I believe that in the hands of a talented coach we can make transformational differences in the lives of young people and this gift will assist us in attracting and retaining top coaching talent long into the future."

Karen Bristing, a 1984 graduate of Boston College who has served on the Board of Trustees since 2011, grew up in New Hampshire and graduated from Nashua High School. She is the owner of Equinox Equestrian Center in Sun Valley, California.

"This gift recognizes several areas that are important to us personally and to Boston College," Bristing said. "The importance of a vibrant athletics program, my enjoyment of athletics as a student, the opportunity to honor my parents - especially my father who is an avid fan - and the chance to create a family legacy all played a role in our choosing to support a University we love."

Karen and Steve reside in La Canada, California with their son, Matthew. Karen's son, Andrew, is a sophomore at Boston College.

"We are overwhelmed with the support the Bristings and Izzis have shown to our basketball program," Coach Jim Christian said. "We are committed to building our basketball program into a consistent winner that makes our students, fans and alumni proud. This will require a commitment from many people, and we are certainly grateful for their generosity."

"The Clement and Elizabeth Izzi Family Head Men's Basketball Coach" is the third head coaching endowment at Boston College, which has been a major priority for athletics during the Light the World campaign. Also, included among the funding priorities are endowments in support of key positions on BC's 31 varsity teams, fully and partially endowed athletics scholarships, and current-use funding through the Flynn Fund and facility enhancements.

The gift also supports Boston College's Light the World Campaign, which has raised nearly $1.3 billion towards its $1.5 billion goal.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Re: Basketball receives head coaching endowment gift

Postby Thornton Melon on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:31 am

Good for this family putting their money where their mouths are. I hope this causes the AD to take the hiring of the basketball coach seriously. Or more seriously.
Thornton Melon
Carney Hall

Return to Conte Forum