Other Games Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Other Games Thread

Postby Bender on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:19 pm

Virginia was lucky to escape with a win, in the first OT they got a bogus foul on a 3-point attempt, the shooter kicked his leg way out to barely hook the defender who jumped in front of him. Without that call Virginia loses. I doubt BC can bring the effort that Miami did in that game, but in the big picture, I wouldn't view UVa as being able to compete with Duke or Kentucky.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:13 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:Pitt squeaked by an underwhelming Manhattan last night. Should be a low scoring game but I like how we matchup with Pitt. :ace

BUMP! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:17 pm

RU knocking off WI and Ohio State losing in the same weekend. Big 10 may not be that good.

Arizona down 2 at the end of the game with ball and 30 seconds left they literally dribbled out the clock. WOW! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Duke down 12 at home w 8 to go vs the U
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:51 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Duke down 12 at home w 8 to go vs the U

They're at Louisville Saturday. Could be looking at a 2-3 start in conference play.

I don't know how they're losing these games with Okafor. He is the most impressive, dominant big I've seen at Duke since Elton Brand.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:01 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:NCSU will be good this year, better next year and great the year after. They are all frosh and soph with the exception of lacy and they continue to recruit.

ALL of that being said, Gotfried is one of the WORST ingame coaches out there. While they could be ranked in the top ten going into the tournement in 3 years or so, I doubt ide ever have them making it out of the sweet 16.

Cue TWB Roy Williams talk. Difference is one coaches at UNC the other NCSU

Gottfried looks like John Wooden compared to his predecessors.

Those guys won't all be there in three years. Heard this same shit over and over with Lowe. It's NCSU, the cycle is set.

Roy Williams is the worst game day coach in the history of basketball. There is not point making comparisons to him. Al Skinner looked like he invented the game when compared to old Roy's Xs and Os accumen
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:45 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:NCSU will be good this year, better next year and great the year after. They are all frosh and soph with the exception of lacy and they continue to recruit.

ALL of that being said, Gotfried is one of the WORST ingame coaches out there. While they could be ranked in the top ten going into the tournement in 3 years or so, I doubt ide ever have them making it out of the sweet 16.

Those guys won't all be there in three years. Heard this same shit over and over with Lowe. It's NCSU, the cycle is set.

Roy Williams is the worst game day coach in the history of basketball. There is not point making comparisons to him. Al Skinner looked like he invented the game when compared to old Roy's Xs and Os accumen

The God (as NCSU fans call him) is pathetic. I don't know how much better he is than his predecessors, if at all.

I understand the cycle point, but don't you think that will change with all of the promise they are currently showing-- alot more than during the lowe etc years?

and Roy Williams did EVERYTHING in his power to lose last night, but so did the God. He honestly cost NCSU that game, he is horrid.

I remember teams full of frosh with Lowe that you thought would be great. CJ Leslie's class for example.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:50 am

His first real class in 2007 had Tracy Smith and JJ Hickson. He never had the records to match the talent because NC State.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:00 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The God (as NCSU fans call him) is pathetic. I don't know how much better he is than his predecessors, if at all.

I understand the cycle point, but don't you think that will change with all of the promise they are currently showing-- alot more than during the lowe etc years?

and Roy Williams did EVERYTHING in his power to lose last night, but so did the God. He honestly cost NCSU that game, he is horrid.

I remember teams full of frosh with Lowe that you thought would be great. CJ Leslie's class for example.

Good try, I joined the board after lowe was fired.

I meant the proverbial "you," like "you'd think a team with 5 5 stars would be good, but they are not"
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:03 pm

UVA allowed 28 points to GT, well then
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:27 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:UVA allowed 28 points to GT, well then

Should be a real barn burner Sunday.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby wildcat81 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:11 pm

This sounds familiar story, at University of Washington center, nation leading shot-blocker kick off team for violation of team rules. He had failed multiple drug test. 7-footer.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:12 pm

a certain former assistant's son is playing well against duke tonight
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:25 pm

Does Oregon State actually hold family members of Arizona hostage when they play? The score is 24-17 with 15 minutes left in the entire game. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:46 am

Looks like Providence is having trouble moving tickets:

https://www.livingsocial.com/events/138 ... me?afsrc=1

Special deals for Providence vs Villanova? That's a classic Big East match-up.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:02 pm

turned on PC / Marquette, onahue is calling it for fs1...surprised hasn't started whistling yet
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:31 pm

Got to watch a decent amount of hoop yesterday. Thoughts...

Kentucky is obviously very good, but I don't think they are unbeatable. A disciplined team with experience, like UVA, could get the job done.

I liked Arkansas' Bobby Portis a lot.

It was a shame that Fordham couldn't hold their lead over UMass. That would have been the end for the Minutemen.

I think the bloom is off VCU's rose some.

I don't think Miami deserves to make the tournament. They might get in, but they're pretenders.

I'm skeptical about Jalil Okafor at the next level.

What does Maryland's success this year say about the level of competition in the ACC vs the B1G?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:16 am

i'm 100% betting against maryland in the 1st round of the tournament.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:40 am

im a fan of okafor...but i think he's a lot more like an al jefferson 1.5 than he is an anthony davis
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:50 am

I might agree on Okeafor in a different NBA era. In this NBA, he walks on the court a top 5 big man.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:50 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I might agree on Okeafor in a different NBA era. In this NBA, he walks on the court a top 5 big man.

al jefferson 1.5 puts him in the top 4 centers. probably top 3.

he's just not a once in a generation talent the way davis is. davis is 21 and certainly in the top 3 in the nba discussion, i'd actually argue he's the best player in the nba at the moment.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby wildcat81 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:04 am

Most conferences are top heavy Big 12 seems very balance and probably deserves 8 teams playing in post-season NIT included.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:19 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I might agree on Okeafor in a different NBA era. In this NBA, he walks on the court a top 5 big man.

al jefferson 1.5 puts him in the top 4 centers. probably top 3.

he's just not a once in a generation talent the way davis is. davis is 21 and certainly in the top 3 in the nba discussion, i'd actually argue he's the best player in the nba at the moment.

I'd go with Steph Curry after last night, but I might lean your way on this one soon.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby GlorytoBC on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:44 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Gottfried is much better than Sid Lowe. However, his results in his first four years at NCSU seem to be very similiar to Sendek's final five years at State.

Two differences:

1. Gottfried's first four years were a lot better than Sendek's first years. However as bad the Sidney Lowe era was, the Les Robinson era (1990-1996) at NCSU was even worse. Robinson isn't to be blamed though, the NCAA dropped the hammer on State after the Valvano fallout in 1990 and they haven't really recovered since then.
2. The ACC was tougher when Sendek (until Sendek's final year at NCSU) was at State.

I also think State fans are starting to get sick of Gottfried. They absolutely loathed Sendek ) because of his poor record against their three biggest rivals (he was pretty awful against UNC, Duke and Wake) and also because they were on the bubble pretty much every year. Since Gottfried has been at State, they've been on the bubble every year except for his second season, when they participated in a #8 vs #9 matchup in the NCAAT. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get Sendek'd in a few years.
GlorytoBC
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:54 am

I'm gonna say Top 5 in NBA (since it was brought up) consists of LeBron, Durant, Westbrook, Curry, Davis. Harden is on the outside of that because his help defense, pick and roll defense and team defense is bad. Not bad on the ball. Curry has gotten better defensively.

If we're saying Okafor is a Top 5 center right off the bat, I disagree. Howard, Drummond, Noah, DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, Horford, Big Al, Boogie Cousins and maybe even Vucevic are all going to be tough to be better than for rookie year. Bosh, if you consider him a center too.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BostonChillage on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:06 am

wildcat81 {l Wrote}:Most conferences are top heavy Big 12 seems very balance and probably deserves 8 teams playing in post-season NIT included.

I feel like they have 8 teams that should make the tournament..and all but maybe 1 or 2 of them should be a 6 or 7 seed (i.e. none are great all are good). Fun conference to watch.
"I love this moment so much I want to have sex with it"
BostonChillage
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:07 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I'm gonna say Top 5 in NBA (since it was brought up) consists of LeBron, Durant, Westbrook, Curry, Davis. Harden is on the outside of that because his help defense, pick and roll defense and team defense is bad. Not bad on the ball. Curry has gotten better defensively.

If we're saying Okafor is a Top 5 center right off the bat, I disagree. Howard, Drummond, Noah, DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, Horford, Big Al, Boogie Cousins and maybe even Vucevic are all going to be tough to be better than for rookie year. Bosh, if you consider him a center too.

Okafor is a much better player than most of the guys on your list, especially Howard, who has sucked forever. DeAndre Jordan made me laugh out loud.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:08 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I'm gonna say Top 5 in NBA (since it was brought up) consists of LeBron, Durant, Westbrook, Curry, Davis. Harden is on the outside of that because his help defense, pick and roll defense and team defense is bad. Not bad on the ball. Curry has gotten better defensively.

Okafor is a much better player than most of the guys on your list, especially Howard, who has sucked forever. DeAndre Jordan made me laugh out loud.

i wasnt gonna even waste my time once i read that, but:

this.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

you must be one of those guys that doesn't factor in defense, or even watch the NBA for that matter.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:01 pm

Joel Embiid
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen