BC vs West Virginia in Puerto Rico

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC vs West Virginia in Puerto Rico

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:29 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Having to sit hanlan in the midst of the WVU run went about as well as expected.

I wonder what pissed Clifford of so much? I thought he was pissed at Williams but then he and Staton shoved each other.

I think Clifford was pissed at the refs for his 4th foul. Ellis mentioned in the telecast that the WVU pushed him to get the rebound and then Clifford got called for a touch foul when the guy went back up with it. As for Staton, he leaned into Clifford while Clifford was walking by and heading to the bench. I think he was trying to get under his skin and see if Clifford would lose his cool and get a T. It was a cheap move, but I wouldn't expect anything more from a WVU player.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:37 pm

BC stands for Badpress Crackers.

Heckmann inbounding the ball is the funniest thing since Nick's botched anal reconstruction surgery.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bcmurph on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:38 pm

If wishes were horses...but I'd be intersted in what they might be if the 2 captains hadn't sacked out....
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:39 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:BC stands for Badpress Crackers.

Heckmann inbounding the ball is the funniest thing since Nick's botched anal reconstruction surgery.

Was the surgery funnier for you because you caused it?

Blammo
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:57 pm

UMass and WVU are nightmare teams for BC to play.

If Diallo is healthy BC wins this game. They just literally needed another big athletic body.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:26 pm

An abundance of positives emerges from this one.

1. A two-loss season still ranks us with the elite.

2. We are now inured to the reality that in every loss BC suffers, the prime reason is that the refs conspired before the game to sink us. Surely, there could be no OTHER reason we lose.

3, We now have Black Shirts at the head of our bench. This is more intimidating than the Panthers!

4, Astute move by JC to continue to groom JCC for All ACC.

5. Consolation for Hanlon if he does not make the NBA: he can move to the Napa Valley and prosper immediately, since he's an unsurpassed whiner.

6. After grounding the Flyers tomorrow, we can expect a Beacon Street ticker tape parade from Cleveland Circle to Conte, where capacity crowds await us for the rest of the season.

Only concern: unless he gives KC more than one minute and rescues Perp, Lonnie, and Drag from the DNP ranks, JC will have to expect that the Soldiers may not go unbeaten for the rest of the joust.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby footer20 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:44 pm

This was a pretty crushing loss to me. We had all the chances in the world to win but at the end of the day, I think you have to be content. Our defense is so much better than last year and we're playing with some very formidable opponents. Hanlan obviously could have hit that free throw but he's remarkable for how much attention is paid to him. Tonight he was hitting open shots, finishing through contact, and pretty much doing everything in his power to win. I think unfair expectations were placed on him after that 2013 ACC tournament. I do think he's a pro player, although he'll be lucky to stay in the league for more than 3 years. The only other bright spot is Brown. He's out of control the majority of the time but he makes his free throws and can score a bit, which is a treasure on this team. Now, here's what I hate.... Dennis Clifford is overrated and I don't want your excuses. He had a few post moves his freshman year that made everyone a little wet in their khakis but he doesn't rebound and gets caught in the air on D. On this team, those are the two things we absolutely cannot afford in a big man. Magarity isn't much different but he can stretch the D a little bit so I don't mind him. I really couldn't care less who of the two are in the game. Additionally, Diallo, when healthy, is a project. Nowadays, we get so excited about a player that shows just a sliver of athleticism just because we haven't had it. Just because he's big strong and can jump doesn't mean he's instantly a contributor. That Williams kid today would have ate him up. I'm pretty sure of it. I like Batten, because he can play a little D, but this team (I'm going to get shit for it) needs Lonnie Jackson back. Hear me out, he would play 10-15 minutes a game, and strictly be a catch and shoot guy. The consensus dislikes Lonnie because he's been playing out of his role for 3 years. Remember that on good nights, Lonnie is a knock down shooter, and usually could make some free throws (although last year was a crap shoot). His return could make up for Batten's lack of offense which could be critical in the future. Lastly, Garland Owens is not what you all think he is. Yeah sure, he's athletic and can run and jump (see Diallo) but he's not a good player yet. He's a below average shooter, hasn't shown even the slightest basketball IQ, completely misuses his athleticism on defense, and has a tendency to dribble when he shouldn't. Hell, he would have been the tenth man on the Reggie Jackson team that went to the NIT. I guess when things are so bad, you need to find hope in something. Maybe he can come into his own. There is some potential but right now, even with all of his frustration and idiocy, Heckmann deserves to play over Owens.
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:21 am

this game only reaffirmed what i thought prior to this year.

hanlan will be the best player on the floor for 90+% of the games. that should be good enough to get us to .500 ball.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:35 am

so are second half implosions going to be "the thing" under Jim Christian?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby lobstalova on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:26 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:so are second half implosions going to be "the thing" under Jim Christian?

seems like "a* thing" certainly not "the thing"

Looks like tough defense will be "the thing"
lobstalova
n00b

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:24 am

Two things of note:

1. the defensive intensity is such a fucking pleasure to see after 5-6 years of flat out bad and lazy defense.

2. the rebounding is so bad. Odio had just one yesterday. Clifford had just one. Heckmann, for all of his stupidity, at least gets in there and tries to box out. Any word on Diallo and if he is coming back this year?

There was an opportunity yesterday for a good win, but the foul calls in the early second half shortened an already thin bench. I mean, playing Cain Carney real minutes?

PS. what's up with current holder of the Tyler Roche silver star practice jersey? is he hurt?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:23 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:so are second half implosions going to be "the thing" under Jim Christian?

they're going to be a thing as long as we're trotting out this roster against pressing teams, esp in game 2 of a back to back.

the main thing i've gathered out of these 4 games is how fucking miserable onahue was at D, the D this year is lightyears better
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:31 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Two things of note:

1. the defensive intensity is such a fucking pleasure to see after 5-6 years of flat out bad and lazy defense.

2. the rebounding is so bad. Odio had just one yesterday. Clifford had just one. Heckmann, for all of his stupidity, at least gets in there and tries to box out. Any word on Diallo and if he is coming back this year?

There was an opportunity yesterday for a good win, but the foul calls in the early second half shortened an already thin bench. I mean, playing Cain Carney real minutes?

PS. what's up with current holder of the Tyler Roche silver star practice jersey? is he hurt?

I thought Carney played pretty decently. That said him having to play is a problem.

Who holds the Roche these days?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:40 am

This is stupid x10.

What do you expect when we're playing walk-ons significant minutes?

I've been impressed with JC so far. Pretty good at the in- game coaching thing
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:41 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Two things of note:

I thought Carney played pretty decently. That said him having to play is a problem.

Agreed Cain-Carney has been good
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bcmurph on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:45 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

I think it's Dragicevich...
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:18 am

bcmurph {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

I think it's Dragicevich...

Is he still on the team?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:22 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

they're going to be a thing as long as we're trotting out this roster against pressing teams, esp in game 2 of a back to back.

the main thing i've gathered out of these 4 games is how fucking miserable onahue was at D, the D this year is lightyears better

This x 1000
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby footer20 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:33 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:This was a pretty crushing loss to me. We had all the chances in the world to win but at the end of the day, I think you have to be content. Our defense is so much better than last year and we're playing with some very formidable opponents. Hanlan obviously could have hit that free throw but he's remarkable for how much attention is paid to him. Tonight he was hitting open shots, finishing through contact, and pretty much doing everything in his power to win. I think unfair expectations were placed on him after that 2013 ACC tournament. I do think he's a pro player, although he'll be lucky to stay in the league for more than 3 years. The only other bright spot is Brown. He's out of control the majority of the time but he makes his free throws and can score a bit, which is a treasure on this team. Now, here's what I hate.... Dennis Clifford is overrated and I don't want your excuses. He had a few post moves his freshman year that made everyone a little wet in their khakis but he doesn't rebound and gets caught in the air on D. On this team, those are the two things we absolutely cannot afford in a big man. Magarity isn't much different but he can stretch the D a little bit so I don't mind him. I really couldn't care less who of the two are in the game. Additionally, Diallo, when healthy, is a project. Nowadays, we get so excited about a player that shows just a sliver of athleticism just because we haven't had it. Just because he's big strong and can jump doesn't mean he's instantly a contributor. That Williams kid today would have ate him up. I'm pretty sure of it. I like Batten, because he can play a little D, but this team (I'm going to get shit for it) needs Lonnie Jackson back. Hear me out, he would play 10-15 minutes a game, and strictly be a catch and shoot guy. The consensus dislikes Lonnie because he's been playing out of his role for 3 years. Remember that on good nights, Lonnie is a knock down shooter, and usually could make some free throws (although last year was a crap shoot). His return could make up for Batten's lack of offense which could be critical in the future. Lastly, Garland Owens is not what you all think he is. Yeah sure, he's athletic and can run and jump (see Diallo) but he's not a good player yet. He's a below average shooter, hasn't shown even the slightest basketball IQ, completely misuses his athleticism on defense, and has a tendency to dribble when he shouldn't. Hell, he would have been the tenth man on the Reggie Jackson team that went to the NIT. I guess when things are so bad, you need to find hope in something. Maybe he can come into his own. There is some potential but right now, even with all of his frustration and idiocy, Heckmann deserves to play over Owens.

You love bc, but there is something seriously wrong with u. God damn.
Edit: this guy is retarded :pickle

Tell me where I'm wrong. Am i wrong saying that Lonnie, a career 39% 3 point shooter and 79% free throw shooter, could be a valuable shooter off the bench? Am I wrong to say that Garland Owens, who averaged 3 points and 1 rebound a game last year is nothing more than a bench player? Am i wrong to say its irrational to think Diallo, who from all accounts is a project, instantly changes this team? Am i wrong saying that having Clifford back doesn't improve much except for frontcourt depth? Am I wrong saying that Heckmann, despite all of his stupidness, is still our third best player?
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby floocher on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:47 am

ACC and hockey?? That would be like BC adding basketball.
floocher
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:53 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:This was a pretty crushing loss to me. We had all the chances in the world to win but at the end of the day, I think you have to be content. Our defense is so much better than last year and we're playing with some very formidable opponents. Hanlan obviously could have hit that free throw but he's remarkable for how much attention is paid to him. Tonight he was hitting open shots, finishing through contact, and pretty much doing everything in his power to win. I think unfair expectations were placed on him after that 2013 ACC tournament. I do think he's a pro player, although he'll be lucky to stay in the league for more than 3 years. The only other bright spot is Brown. He's out of control the majority of the time but he makes his free throws and can score a bit, which is a treasure on this team. Now, here's what I hate.... Dennis Clifford is overrated and I don't want your excuses. He had a few post moves his freshman year that made everyone a little wet in their khakis but he doesn't rebound and gets caught in the air on D. On this team, those are the two things we absolutely cannot afford in a big man. Magarity isn't much different but he can stretch the D a little bit so I don't mind him. I really couldn't care less who of the two are in the game. Additionally, Diallo, when healthy, is a project. Nowadays, we get so excited about a player that shows just a sliver of athleticism just because we haven't had it. Just because he's big strong and can jump doesn't mean he's instantly a contributor. That Williams kid today would have ate him up. I'm pretty sure of it. I like Batten, because he can play a little D, but this team (I'm going to get shit for it) needs Lonnie Jackson back. Hear me out, he would play 10-15 minutes a game, and strictly be a catch and shoot guy. The consensus dislikes Lonnie because he's been playing out of his role for 3 years. Remember that on good nights, Lonnie is a knock down shooter, and usually could make some free throws (although last year was a crap shoot). His return could make up for Batten's lack of offense which could be critical in the future. Lastly, Garland Owens is not what you all think he is. Yeah sure, he's athletic and can run and jump (see Diallo) but he's not a good player yet. He's a below average shooter, hasn't shown even the slightest basketball IQ, completely misuses his athleticism on defense, and has a tendency to dribble when he shouldn't. Hell, he would have been the tenth man on the Reggie Jackson team that went to the NIT. I guess when things are so bad, you need to find hope in something. Maybe he can come into his own. There is some potential but right now, even with all of his frustration and idiocy, Heckmann deserves to play over Owens.

Tell me where I'm wrong. Am i wrong saying that Lonnie, a career 39% 3 point shooter and 79% free throw shooter, could be a valuable shooter off the bench? Am I wrong to say that Garland Owens, who averaged 3 points and 1 rebound a game last year is nothing more than a bench player? Am i wrong to say its irrational to think Diallo, who from all accounts is a project, instantly changes this team? Am i wrong saying that having Clifford back doesn't improve much except for frontcourt depth? Am I wrong saying that Heckmann, despite all of his stupidness, is still our third best player?

I admit, I was harsh. It has nothing to do with what you said, but rather how you said it.

Next time try either shortening your points or using the enter key to create paragraphs. This is just too much to deal with.

"This team needs Lonnie Jackson back?" "Valuable shooter off the bench"

Brilliant analysis
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby footer20 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:20 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

I admit, I was harsh. It has nothing to do with what you said, but rather how you said it.

Next time try either shortening your points or using the enter key to create paragraphs. This is just too much to deal with.

"This team needs Lonnie Jackson back?" "Valuable shooter off the bench"

Brilliant analysis

He's taken four shots all year.

Of the 457 career three pointers he has attempted, he has made 39% of those.

And of the 159 free throws he has attempted in his career, he has made 78% of those.

Now tell me how that shooting wouldn't be valuable on a team shooting 26% from 3 and 69% from the line.

This was also all written when Batten was still averaging 4 ppg and shooting 20% from 3. When Batten is shooting well, as he is currently, Lonnie isn't needed since Batten does everything else remotely concerning basketball much better.

BUT... this team could really use more consistent three point shooting, just for managing the momentum aspect of the game.
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum