BC vs New Mexico Gamethread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC vs New Mexico Gamethread

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:32 pm

If it makes anyone feel any better, Providence barely beat Albany last Saturday.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Garland Owens has so much potential
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:38 pm

odio is still terrible
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:44 pm

solid job there by aaron brown. gotta love turning it over and then falling down so that you cant get back to defend your own fuck-up.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:44 pm

These two teams are awful.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:48 pm

2-3 zones arent that hard to pick apart. where is the ball movement we saw earlier?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:54 pm

that dude is so black he's purple

any one have a positive that odio brings to the game he's been in the entire 2nd half
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Aaron Brown plays a little like Matt Humphrey at times.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:57 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Aaron Brown plays a little like Matt Humphrey at times.

I was literally about to post this. can you imagine those two on the floor with heckmann?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:00 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Aaron Brown plays a little like Matt Humphrey at times.

I was literally about to post this. can you imagine those two on the floor with heckmann?

Brown is hideous.

And I'm not talking about the beard...
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:03 pm

that coach's daughter :skank
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:06 pm

You guys are ridiculous about Brown. It's Hanlan (when he shows), Brown, and a bunch of nothing, and below that, Odio.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You guys are ridiculous about Brown. It's Hanlan (when he shows), Brown, and a bunch of nothing, and below that, Odio.

It's Hanlan and a bunch of scraps.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You guys are ridiculous about Brown. It's Hanlan (when he shows), Brown, and a bunch of nothing, and below that, Odio.

the eo coaching staff is in agreement
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:09 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Brown has shown and played well every game. As advertised, he's a legit player. He's averaging 16 a game. Without him, they'd be 0-3.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:10 pm

BC has a guy that can drill FTs in the last 2 minutes for the first time since Ty Rice.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Brown has shown and played well every game. As advertised, he's a legit player. He's averaging 16 a game. Without him, they'd be 0-3.

He's a decent piece. Like Matt Humphrey. He's a bench warmer on any decent ACC team.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:11 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

no shit. but if you deny that he plays erratically at times, you are legally fucking blind
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:13 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

He's a decent piece. Like Matt Humphrey. He's a bench warmer on any decent ACC team.

He's so much better than Matt Humphrey it makes my head hurt. Humphrey was terrible. He just played a little D, which was such a shock to BC fans.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:14 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

no shit. but if you deny that he plays erratically at times, you are legally fucking blind

Hanlan is on the court and not in the game for 20-25 minutes a game, but that doesn't change the fact that he is out best player.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

He's so much better than Matt Humphrey it makes my head hurt. Humphrey was terrible. He just played a little D, which was such a shock to BC fans.

He's better than Humphrey, but as 25 said, he is a little erratic at times. Hanlan is far and away the best talent on this team and it's not even close.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:17 pm

If I didn't know the final score and was just reading this thread, I'd assume BC lost tonight.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:19 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

He's better than Humphrey, but as 25 said, he is a little erratic at times. Hanlan is far and away the best talent on this team and it's not even close.

Brown has been a little worse shooting than I expected, but he's not erratic like Humphrey.

No doubt - I never said he was better than Hanlan. Of course, Hanlan's head only joins his body on the court 12-15 minutes a game.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:19 pm

talon {l Wrote}:If I didn't know the final score and was just reading this thread, I'd assume BC lost tonight.

Well, sure but it's nowhere near as bad as roonie's post will be later
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Hanlan is on the court and not in the game for 20-25 minutes a game, but that doesn't change the fact that he is out best player.

Hanlan is too passive for a guy that can drive at will, create his own shot off the dribble, and knock down a shot from anywhere on the floor, but at least he is a steady player. when Brown and Heckmann have the ball, I know I'm going to say "wow". I just never know if I'm going to be commenting on a good play or a boneheaded one
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby talon on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:19 pm

big props to whoever commented on #5's frosted tips. perfect timing as the announcer had just stopped talking.

http://telly.com/1S6T06D
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:20 pm

talon {l Wrote}:If I didn't know the final score and was just reading this thread, I'd assume BC lost tonight.

It was a good win over a decent team. If they play WVU next, that should be a good test.

Nice showing by the BC club of Puerto Rico.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Mike_S on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:21 pm

Didn't see today's game, but followed online. Was surprised and happy to see them win, and especially to survive NM's run.

Saw the UMass game, defense looked world's better than last year but led to a ton of fouls. Offense looked sporadic at best beyond Hanlan. Heck is still super-frustrating to watch as he has skills but is a turnover waiting to happen.

Saw some of the UConn game this morning, they looked OK but not fantastic. Would love to meet them in Sunday's game regardless of how either team does tomorrow...

Does anyone know how the team matches up against WVU or George Mason ?
Mike_S
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Yeah, I will concur, good win. Style is ugly as shit, lots of fouls, pretty tough D, terrible ball handling and shooting, gritty play. But I think that is how JC thinks he can maximize win with this talent.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:30 pm

I witnessed Aaron Brown dribble into four Lobos in transition, get trapped, and whip the ball across court as if it were covered in ebola (his pass was promptly intercepted by the way). not only that, but he fell down so that he couldnt even get back into transition D on his own gaff. much better than Humphrey, but still erratic at times.

solid win. I really enjoy the emphasis on D and rebounding this year.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum