Sort of Secret Scrimmage

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Sort of Secret Scrimmage

Postby h2o on Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:55 pm

Got an email time stamped 5:30 pm tonight inviting me to a scrimmage tomorrow night vs AIC. I guess they don't want many people to attend if they're giving only a 24 hr notice.
h2o
Campion Hall

Re: Sort of Secret Scrimmage

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:15 am

It's been on the schedule for weeks...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:18 am

giving people 10 years of notice wouldnt make a difference.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:36 am

i wonder if roonie will be rooting against the team in person or if he'll only be rooting against them from home
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:50 am

Anyone else going tonight? I'm expecting about 150 fans. :lol: I hope there's an open concessions, but it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't one.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:53 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i wonder if roonie will be rooting against the team in person or if he'll only be rooting against them from home

Are they scrimmaging in the alley behind the Dunk?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2014 Eagle on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:55 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:giving people 10 years of notice wouldnt make a difference.

Sad, but true. If you took all the people who actually cared about BC basketball at this point and stuffed them into Conte you might fill one of the penalty boxes.
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:59 am

2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:giving people 10 years of notice wouldnt make a difference.

Sad, but true. If you took all the people who actually cared about BC basketball at this point and stuffed them into Conte you might fill one of the penalty boxes.

I care, just not enough to pay for a shitty product.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:13 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

I care also but not enough to fight traffic from Downtown to watch a scrimmage
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

Well you'd be one of the ones already in the penalty box then...I didn't even specify "care enough to pay to go," that group hardly exists anymore (and this is a "free" scrimmage!)
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:18 am

2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

Well you'd be one of the ones already in the penalty box then...I didn't even specify "care enough to pay to go," that group hardly exists anymore (and this is a "free" scrimmage!)

TRE is partial to the penalty box at Agganis.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:21 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

This was very funny
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:58 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

This was very funny

yeah, but weren't they doing chicks in the penalty box at agganis? if so, yes, i am partial to doing chicks. if not, forget i said anything
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2014 Eagle on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:16 am

Any word on how the Eags did last night?
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:05 am

BC won by 40 and apparently looked very good
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:05 am

http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/110614aaa.html

Based on an IB view from the numbers.

I will be very interested to see if Clifford and Magarity can continue to hit the boards once we are playing a real opponent. I thought Magarrity was a face up Euro big who likes to drift out and wouldn't provide much help scoring in the paint or with rebounding, it would be cool to be wrong. Aaron Brown seems like a nice pickup. I was sort of following the gamecast last night and Diallo's stats and the bulk of his minutes seemed to come at the end of the game. I'm glad he showed up in the boxscore and got to play a little, but at half time I think he had 2 minutes of PT and a more or less empty line. That doesn't mean much other than that I think he got his numbers in garbage time vs. AIC.

If Heckmann ever plays consistently in back to back games he could be a really nice third scoring option. I don't have a lot of confidence in such occurrence.

I can see a time this season when Perpiglia has to play in an ACC game to get the ball up the court because we have exactly 1 real PG.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bcmurph on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:06 am

Zero minutes for Odio...anyone know if he is injured?
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:25 am

-Starters were Hanlan, Brown, Heckmann, Magarity, and Clifford. Caudill, Jackson, and Hicks were there but not dressed. Odio wasn't there at all, maybe he was sick. So it's still possible he's the starting 4.

-We were 2/3 inches taller than the other team at pretty much every position, so take all the stats with a grain of salt.

-First two off the bench were Batten and Owens, but remember this is with no Jackson available.

-Hanlan was clearly the best player out there. He was hitting a bunch of pull up jumpers.

-Brown and Heckmann are going to be our #2 and #3 scorers this year. Brown is just very solid, not flashy but effective. I think we're all going to like him.

-Brown played point when Hanlan was out, Perpiglia when both were out (which didn't happen until we were up by a good amount). Brown's a decent ballhandler but we're going to get annihilated when other teams (Louisville?) really pressure the ball.

-It's been said a hundred times but I will confirm Clifford was moving around well.

-Magarity looked a little stronger than last year.

-Batten is probably more of a supporting piece than a star, but he is a great leaper. Also was the only one to wear a headband, first player since the Al era. As mentioned earlier, names are back on jerseys as well.

-Diallo not going to contribute much early, he needs some time to settle in. Runs the court well as we saw in his highlights. Could have had a big alley-oop but the lob was off. Had a goaltend at one point and a lane violation and bobbled a couple passes. All his points came at the very end. Had one dunk and the whole bench stood up to cheer, I think they are all rooting for him.

-At the end of the first half, Perpiglia was the PG and we ran a clear out for him as the clock ran down, 35 feet from the hoop the other team's guard kept trying to pick his pocket and Perpiglia beat him off the dribble and got fouled trying a layup. Probably best crowd reaction of the night.

-Offense featured more high post action than last year and reminded more of an NBA style offense. Imagine the way we set up against Syracuse last year and we were like that most of the game. Also looked to push a little more than last year, but that might be because we got so many more opportunities off of misses.

-Biggest problem was fouls. We had a ton of bad fouls, especially off the ball. We'll get killed if we don't clean that up.

-Some good talent on the cheerleader squad? :flagus

Nothing else comes immediately to mind.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:33 am

Glad to hear that BC is running high post NBA style action. Although I hate the NBA with the passion of 10 suns, it is what you do when you have a star that can handle the rock and bigs that can pick and pop or roll to the basket.

If they are running those types of plays, I bet Clifford is the second leading scorer after Olivier, then Brown. Assuming he stays healthy, he the perfect high post two man game big. Magarity is also a nice change-up being able to face up on that action.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:35 am

bcmurph {l Wrote}:Zero minutes for Odio...anyone know if he is injured?

he was sick apparently. did not go to scrimmage.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:16 am

CONTENT!

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}: Perpiglia when both were out (which didn't happen until we were up by a good amount).

Isn't he Roonie's favorite player?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:09 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Glad to hear that BC is running high post NBA style action. Although I hate the NBA with the passion of 10 suns, it is what you do when you have a star that can handle the rock and bigs that can pick and pop or roll to the basket.

If they are running those types of plays, I bet Clifford is the second leading scorer after Olivier, then Brown. Assuming he stays healthy, he the perfect high post two man game big. Magarity is also a nice change-up being able to face up on that action.

I still fail to understand what you've all seen in the healthy version of Clifford but sure. He's tall.

The rest of this is spot on.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:10 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:CONTENT!

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}: Perpiglia when both were out (which didn't happen until we were up by a good amount).

Isn't he Roonie's favorite player?

I'd love to watch him try to get the ball up the court against whatever hacker Louisville has this year
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:17 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Glad to hear that BC is running high post NBA style action. Although I hate the NBA with the passion of 10 suns, it is what you do when you have a star that can handle the rock and bigs that can pick and pop or roll to the basket.

I still fail to understand what you've all seen in the healthy version of Clifford but sure. He's tall.

Clifford was a very good athlete at that size who, unlike most college guys that size, could finish around the rim. When healthy that first season, he was the second best player on the team after Anderson. Showed a ton of promise in the paint.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:18 am

AS A FRESHMAN
One of five players to appear in all 31 games; third on the team with 25 starts ... averaged 9.1 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game; averaged 9.1 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 1.3 rebounds in ACC play ... led the Eagles in field goal percentage (.529) and blocks (29) ... ranked second on the team in rebounds and third in points and field goals (110) ... had a season-high 16 points to go along with six rebounds and three blocks against Sacred Heart (12/21) ... had 15 points and seven boards vs. Clemson (1/12) ... scored 14 points against Harvard (12/29) and had 12 points and six rebounds vs. Rhode Island (1/2) ... tallied 15 points vs. Virginia Tech (1/14) ... notched 12 points and five rebounds at NC State (1/19) ... scored 11 points in games at Maryland (2/16) and at Miami (3/3) ... recorded 10 points in contests at Virginia Tech (2/12), vs. Bryant (12/18), at Providence (12/8), vs. Saint Louis (11/24), vs. Holy Cross (11/18) and vs. New Hampshire (11/14) ... grabbed a season-high eight rebounds against NC State (2/1) and Saint Louis (11/24).
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:42 am

somebody said Clifford scored 40 points against Rutgers in the scrimmage. I have no idea if that was true, probably not.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:57 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:somebody said Clifford scored 40 points against Rutgers in the scrimmage. I have no idea if that was true, probably not.

If you're referring to the post from commavegarage, it was sarcasm.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:11 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Clifford was a very good athlete at that size who, unlike most college guys that size, could finish around the rim. When healthy that first season, he was the second best player on the team after Anderson. Showed a ton of promise in the paint.

Again maybe I just attempted to clear that entire season from my mind, but I remember him using the same awful up and under move every time that never worked.

That could also be a function of crappy coaching (which there was plenty of with Donahue's assistants)
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:19 pm

i was at the scrimmage. 40 pts 21 rebounds. this is the year he stays healthy.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby floocher on Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:06 pm

Same old Clifford. Yes, he is moving well. But he couldn't score over a 6'5" kid, at point blank range. The big rookie is very shaky, with bad hands. Brown is a keeper, though.
floocher
n00b

Next

Return to Conte Forum