starting 5

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: starting 5

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:48 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:
bcbasketball20 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I don't think the new guys are as high on Heckmann and Odio as you are. I think they could go big with Magarity at 4 and Clifford at 5.

odio is a good player.

I'm fine with them preferring owens or dragicevich or whoever over heckmann but i think odio should start. sophomore year he was a good player and if he gets that confidence back he can be a good player again

You must be hanging out in the warehouse with Mr. Falzon if you think Odio should be a starter.

Odio is dreadful
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby jbrooks58 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:40 pm

lobstalova {l Wrote}:hanlon
brown
batton
dragevich
diallo

bench:
owens
clifford
heckman
odio
jackson

I'll be shocked if diallo doesn't start.

Do you seriously think Dragevich is a starter? He can't dribble, shoot, or play D! Can he even play basketball?
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Postby lobstalova on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:22 am

jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:
brown
batton
dragevich
diallo

bench:
owens
clifford
heckman
odio
jackson

Do you seriously think Dragevich is a starter? He can't dribble, shoot, or play D! Can he even play basketball?

I think it's either him or odio at the 4 and the latter really scares me. plus dragevich averaged 20.9 points a game as a sophomore at notre dame.

http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-baskbl ... 00775.html
lobstalova
n00b

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:32 am

lobstalova {l Wrote}:
jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:
brown
batton
dragevich
diallo

bench:
owens
clifford
heckman
odio
jackson

I think it's either him or odio at the 4 and the latter really scares me. plus dragevich averaged 20.9 points a game as a sophomore at notre dame.

http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-baskbl ... 00775.html

Typo. He averaged 20.9 minutes, 6.6 points.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:20 am

The odds of Drag starting at PF is 0.00%
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:26 am

I was going to say that no one who knows our team well enough to name ten players could possibly think Drago should be a starter, therefore this guy must be trolling. Then I remembered Donahue was starting Drago for 2/3 of last season...

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I was going to say that no one who knows our team well enough to name ten players could possibly think Drago should be a starter, therefore this guy must be trolling. Then I remembered Donahue was starting Drago for 2/3 of last season...

That got us to what, 8 wins? There is a ton of dead weight on this roster
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:05 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I was going to say that no one who knows our team well enough to name ten players could possibly think Drago should be a starter, therefore this guy must be trolling. Then I remembered Donahue was starting Drago for 2/3 of last season...

That got us to what, 8 wins? There is a ton of dead weight on this roster

Dude, we fucking get it. BC doesn't have a lot of talent. Repeating it 500 times is not necessary.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby NJM89 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:03 pm

@EAHoffses: Hearing #BCEagles center Dennis Clifford has been full go at practice so far and has not missed anytime
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby wildcat81 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:27 am

That's encouraging, hopefully he will have a "Bill Walton" type of 1986 comeback. 8 point 6 rb 2 bl.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:02 pm

One of the guys on the heights said hicks out for year. Torn acl, same knee
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Boston College 8 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:50 am

Hanlan
Brown
Owens
Diallo
Clifford

???

odio or diallo starting at the 4?
Boston College 8
n00b

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Take from a national write who sat in on a practice:

Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein · Oct 17
Early prediction on BC starting five --- Olivier Hanlan, Aaron Brown, Patrick Heckmann, Will Magarity, Dennis Clifford

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby missoulaEagle on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:39 pm

This makes some sense givien the Diallo-as-project assessment. Hope Magarity can play the 4. Other than size, what does he bring to the table? I have no special love for Heckmann--the king of bone-headery and inconsistency--but he can shoot the 3 and put it on the floor, and has shown the ability to exploit match-up problems. It seemed that he got stuck on Donahue's bench and forgotten quite a bit last year.
missoulaEagle
n00b

Postby NJM89 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:47 pm

As long as jackson and odio isn't in the starting lineup then I'll be happy. Owens and Diallo should be first off the bench if thats what we are going with.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:14 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:As long as jackson and odio isn't in the starting lineup then I'll be happy. Owens and Diallo should be first off the bench if thats what we are going with.

This.

That lineup will have some major rebounding issues though. Magerity can't rebound to save his life
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby lobstalova on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:30 am

missoulaEagle {l Wrote}:This makes some sense givien the Diallo-as-project assessment. Hope Magarity can play the 4. Other than size, what does he bring to the table? I have no special love for Heckmann--the king of bone-headery and inconsistency--but he can shoot the 3 and put it on the floor, and has shown the ability to exploit match-up problems. It seemed that he got stuck on Donahue's bench and forgotten quite a bit last year.

Heckman's handle is effective I guess but it's really dreadful. I can't really explain it. Maybe mcGarity had a great offseason but he wasn't even an American East quality player last year, and I Was high on him coming in.
lobstalova
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:07 am

lobstalova {l Wrote}:
missoulaEagle {l Wrote}:This makes some sense givien the Diallo-as-project assessment. Hope Magarity can play the 4. Other than size, what does he bring to the table? I have no special love for Heckmann--the king of bone-headery and inconsistency--but he can shoot the 3 and put it on the floor, and has shown the ability to exploit match-up problems. It seemed that he got stuck on Donahue's bench and forgotten quite a bit last year.

Heckman's handle is effective I guess but it's really dreadful. I can't really explain it. Maybe mcGarity had a great offseason but he wasn't even an American East quality player last year, and I Was high on him coming in.

He was America East quality as the official expert in this. His major problem was physical, the skillset isn't bad
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum