Celtics

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Celtics

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:13 am

Can someone that understands the idiotic rules of the Not Basketball Association explain to me WTF Danny Ainge is doing? Is the goal to field 2 D-League teams this season, or is there some method to the madness of signing a 12th guy to play the guard/wing positions?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Re: Celtics

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:29 am

Steve Donahue waives hello
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:35 am

If he takes on enough projects, one of them is bound to pan out, right? Right?!?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:56 am

:bored
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:02 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}::bored

Pretty much
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:30 pm

because of the nature of the deal, this isnt a bad addition at all.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:44 pm

PG: Rondo / Smart / Bayless / Pressey
SG: Smart* / Bradley / Thornton / Bayless/ Young
SF: Green / Turner / Wallace / Young
PF: Bass / Sully
C: Sully / Olynyk / Faverani

Talk about a fucking logjam. Anyways, I put Smart at the 2 guard because I'm hoping that's the long term plan. Smart isn't much of a three ball shooter and he's 6'4, but that's the exact same description of both Dwyane Wade and Victor Oladipo, who played PG last year but will move to the 2 guard after Payton was drafted.

What will the miunutes distribution look like? seriously, what the fuck is going on? are we stockpiling wings as trade bait for Love?

also there must be a reason why we didn't deal Rondo, right? right? he's not just going to walk for nothing, right?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:17 pm

to complete the triple post, the only sense I can see is either Green or Turner get moved. but then again, they compliment each other well. (I could also see Avery Bradley being moved.)

Green is good at defense and shooting and is a better athlete. He's also wildly inconsistent and not very competitive. Evan Turner is less passive, a better creator for his teammates and a solid rebounder for the SF position. But somehow with the length he has, he's an awful defender.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:28 pm

The NBA is just a horrible, horrible product. It amazes me how well the Celtics did in terms of attendance last year. I was grabbing a burrito near the Garden a few weeks ago and there were lots of fanboys in Celtics jerseys heading to the Garden to watch the draft. Talk about weirdos.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:31 pm

How was the burrito?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:39 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:PG: Rondo / Smart / Bayless / Pressey
SG: Smart* / Bradley / Thornton / Bayless/ Young
SF: Green / Turner / Wallace / Young
PF: Bass / Sully
C: Sully / Olynyk / Faverani

Talk about a fucking logjam. Anyways, I put Smart at the 2 guard because I'm hoping that's the long term plan. Smart isn't much of a three ball shooter and he's 6'4, but that's the exact same description of both Dwyane Wade and Victor Oladipo, who played PG last year but will move to the 2 guard after Payton was drafted.

What will the miunutes distribution look like? seriously, what the fuck is going on? are we stockpiling wings as trade bait for Love?

also there must be a reason why we didn't deal Rondo, right? right? he's not just going to walk for nothing, right?

You completely forgot Zeller who will be on the roster. Green will play the 4 as much as the 3. Sully will play 4 alone. Bass should be traded.

And Bayless is not one of the 18. I assume you left Bogans, Babb and Johnson off intentionally because their money is not guaranteed.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:43 pm

I guess the burrito wasn't that good. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:03 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I guess the burrito wasn't that good. :shrug

I misspoke. I got a burrito plate. I skip the tortilla and rice. I'm healthy. Anyway, it was delicious as always. For a fast food burrito joint, I think Viva Burrito is one of the better ones in Boston. The grilled chicken and vegetables are tasty and they have a solid salsa bar as well.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:17 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I misspoke. I got a burrito plate. I skip the tortilla and rice. I'm healthy. Anyway, it was delicious as always. For a fast food burrito joint, I think Viva Burrito is one of the better ones in Boston. The grilled chicken and vegetables are tasty and they have a solid salsa bar as well.

Burritos don't have grilled chicken and vegetables on them. Burritos also have tortillas and rice in them. Otherwise, they are just a bowl of Mexican shit.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Burritos don't have grilled chicken and vegetables on them. Burritos also have tortillas and rice in them. Otherwise, they are just a bowl of Mexican shit.

burritos are also a precursor to a bowl of mexican shit :chewbanka
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:21 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Thank you captain obvious. Is that one of your get ups at the mall during tax season?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Thank you captain obvious. Is that one of your get ups at the mall during tax season?

of course not - chewbanka scares people and would never be a good attention grabber for the block block. besides, he is free to fly he's ships and shoot he's guns
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

of course not - chewbanka scares people and would never be a good attention grabber for the block block. besides, he is free to fly he's ships and shoot he's guns

Not Chewbanka, Captain Obvious.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

That's one of his get ups when it's NOT tax season.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:03 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

That's one of his get ups when it's NOT tax season.

and that means you'll be using it in about 2 1/2 years
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

If you add sour cream and/or guacamole that contains sour cream and you are lactose intolerant, then yes the ending will not be good.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:04 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:and that means you'll be using it in about 2 1/2 years

:chewbanka
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:06 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:and that means you'll be using it in about 2 1/2 years

:chewbanka

:lame
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum