Terrell to URI

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Terrell to URI

Postby Iggle on Fri May 16, 2014 2:07 pm

Bummer.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 2:16 pm

I don't know whether he can coach or not, but the thought of the Danny Hurley that played at St. A's being an up and coming coach makes me laugh out loud. Didn't strike me as a rocket scientist.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby natturner on Fri May 16, 2014 2:17 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Hurley has been recruiting him for a few years. We recruited him for a few weeks.

I'm surprised you're acting so level-headed about this.

It's not Christian's fault the program blows and no one wants to play here. Just be thankful Diallo came and STFU.

UConn, Providence, Harvard, UMass, and URI passed BC on the New England basketball pecking order on the last few years and during those last 3 crappy Skinner years.

This program is atrocious and will take some major rebuilding. BC needs a Top 25 class in 2015 and 2016 to fix this.

Be happy we got Diallo. In spite of the idiots on this board, Darryl Hicks will be fine at SG.

Didn't BC make the tournament once during Skinner's last three years?
natturner
n00b

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri May 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Kids are begging to get into BC and this guy chose a place whose diplomas double as handicapped parking stickers if you put them in your window. Do you know what you have to get on your SAT to get into URI? drool. Holy shit what a cluster fuck.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby mloyko on Fri May 16, 2014 2:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I don't know whether he can coach or not, but the thought of the Danny Hurley that played at St. A's being an up and coming coach makes me laugh out loud. Didn't strike me as a rocket scientist.

I watched UMASS play URI three times this past season. In each game Derek Kellogg (a pretty bad in-game X/O coach) coached circles around Hurley). URI was brutal in late and close situations vs. UMASS and the coaching was equally bad.
mloyko
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri May 16, 2014 2:36 pm

mloyko {l Wrote}:I watched UMASS play URI three times this past season.

Were you fulfilling the community service component of a criminal settlement?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 2:37 pm

mloyko {l Wrote}:I watched UMASS play URI three times this past season.

Were you fulfilling the community service component of a criminal settlement?

Bravo
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MaroonNGold on Fri May 16, 2014 4:42 pm

natturner {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Hurley has been recruiting him for a few years. We recruited him for a few weeks.

It's not Christian's fault the program blows and no one wants to play here. Just be thankful Diallo came and STFU.

UConn, Providence, Harvard, UMass, and URI passed BC on the New England basketball pecking order on the last few years and during those last 3 crappy Skinner years.

This program is atrocious and will take some major rebuilding. BC needs a Top 25 class in 2015 and 2016 to fix this.

Be happy we got Diallo. In spite of the idiots on this board, Darryl Hicks will be fine at SG.

-------------------------------

Yes, but they DID make the tournament.

When do you foresee the next time that happens?
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby angrychicken on Fri May 16, 2014 4:44 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
natturner {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

3 years from now.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Fri May 16, 2014 4:45 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
natturner {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

3 years from now.

-----------------------------

And who will be our coach then?
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 4:46 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
natturner {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

3 years from now.

Ask TRE
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri May 16, 2014 4:48 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
natturner {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

3 years from now.

Jim Christian
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Fri May 16, 2014 4:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I don't know whether he can coach or not, but the thought of the Danny Hurley that played at St. A's being an up and coming coach makes me laugh out loud. Didn't strike me as a rocket scientist.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Danny is too polite to say that he has the same impression of you, if he does.

Why is it that so many BC folks suffer from a delusional superiority complex?

And THAT, my friend, is a not-insignificant reason for our present dismal image in the world outside The Heights.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 5:06 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

And THAT, my friend, is a not-insignificant reason for our present dismal image in the world outside The Heights.

I didn't go to BC dipshit. And Hurley didn't go to Seton Hall because he could add.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri May 16, 2014 5:32 pm

you'd have to have an IQ of 10 to get into a slapfight with roonie.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri May 16, 2014 6:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Ummm.. Skinner was fired over 4 years ago when Terrell was 13. The current shitshow is all on your boy Donahue. Christian at least attempted to recruit Terrell... which is a major departure from the last 3 post-Joe Jones years.

For the 100th time, I've always said Don's recruiting was clown shoes
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby h2o on Fri May 16, 2014 6:09 pm

His two choices (so far) have been OSU and URI. I'll go out on a limb and guess he want's no part of the classroom part of what playing at BC would require.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri May 16, 2014 8:13 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:His two choices (so far) have been OSU and URI. I'll go out on a limb and guess he want's no part of the classroom part of what playing at BC would require.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Sat May 17, 2014 10:49 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

I didn't go to BC dipshit. And Hurley didn't go to Seton Hall because he could add.

-----------

If you post here, you qualify as a BC folk, even with your limited vocab.

And on what do you base your contention re Seton Hall?

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sat May 17, 2014 12:07 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Kids are begging to get into BC and this guy chose a place whose diplomas double as handicapped parking stickers if you put them in your window. Do you know what you have to get on your SAT to get into URI? drool. Holy shit what a cluster fuck.

And yet, they will cry "unfair" when they don't have anything to show for their 4-years of making a school money.

Look, the kid's stated goal is to make the NBA, and if he is the first in roughly 2 decades to accomplish it from URI... kudos and great choice. But, if he falls short of that goal (like 98% of Division 1 scholarship BB players), then he just sold his considerable services to one of the lowest bidders.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat May 17, 2014 12:29 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Kids are begging to get into BC and this guy chose a place whose diplomas double as handicapped parking stickers if you put them in your window. Do you know what you have to get on your SAT to get into URI? drool. Holy shit what a cluster fuck.

And yet, they will cry "unfair" when they don't have anything to show for their 4-years of making a school money.

Look, the kid's stated goal is to make the NBA, and if he is the first in roughly 2 decades to accomplish it from URI... kudos and great choice. But, if he falls short of that goal (like 98% of Division 1 scholarship BB players), then he just sold his considerable services to one of the lowest bidders.

Great way of looking at it. He has a skill and could have sold it for a NY Strip or a grill cheese. I guess some people just like grill cheese.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat May 17, 2014 4:37 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

-----------

If you post here, you qualify as a BC folk, even with your limited vocab.

And on what do you base your contention re Seton Hall?

Try harder.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Sun May 18, 2014 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat May 17, 2014 5:55 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Great way of looking at it. He has a skill and could have sold it for a NY Strip or a grill cheese. I guess some people just like grill cheese.

I put ketchup on both.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat May 17, 2014 9:13 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I put ketchup on both.

Try Blue Cheese on both.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby The Knife of Asia on Mon May 19, 2014 11:29 am

Lamar Odom promised to hook him up with the youngest Khardasian. All we had to offer was the football Flag Girls and Terrell prefers to date below his weight
The Knife of Asia
McGuinn Hall

Postby eaglesmith on Mon May 19, 2014 12:53 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Not to defend URI, but Cuttino Mobley and Lamar Odom had more than a cup of coffee in the NBA.
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Mon May 19, 2014 1:46 pm

eaglesmith {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Not to defend URI, but Cuttino Mobley and Lamar Odom had more than a cup of coffee in the NBA.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is easier to be a poor sport when we lose a recruit than it is to have the guts to meaningfully address the causes of alma mater's low station in the college basketball world.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon May 19, 2014 1:53 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:It is easier to be a poor sport when we lose a recruit ...

seriously. if not bc you'd figure he would chose providence next. uri over bc AND your school makes no sense
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon May 19, 2014 2:06 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eaglesmith {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is easier to be a poor sport when we lose a recruit than it is to have the guts to meaningfully address the causes of alma mater's low station in the college basketball world.

Cuttino Mobley was a Skinner recruit who along with Tyson Wheeler (and I believe Antonio Reynonlds-Dean) created an excellent team that Jim Harrick inherited and rode to the Elite Eight. Lamar Odom originally went to UNLV but was bounced from the program when it was disclosed that Bill Bayno was paying him. He played one uninspiring year at URI that ended with the Rams being eliminated in the first round (recall it being an upset to someone like College of Charleston or Charlotte). Cuttino Mobley left URI in 1998... which will be exactly 2 decades from when Terrell is a senior. Lamar Odom's 5-seconds on campus ended in 1999.

It is easier to dismiss posts as being agendas than dealing with the indisputable FACTS of what is actually posted.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby JConman on Wed May 21, 2014 3:25 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eaglesmith {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Cuttino Mobley was a Skinner recruit who along with Tyson Wheeler (and I believe Antonio Reynonlds-Dean) created an excellent team that Jim Harrick inherited and rode to the Elite Eight. Lamar Odom originally went to UNLV but was bounced from the program when it was disclosed that Bill Bayno was paying him. He played one uninspiring year at URI that ended with the Rams being eliminated in the first round (recall it being an upset to someone like College of Charleston or Charlotte). Cuttino Mobley left URI in 1998... which will be exactly 2 decades from when Terrell is a senior. Lamar Odom's 5-seconds on campus ended in 1999.

It is easier to dismiss posts as being agendas than dealing with the indisputable FACTS of what is actually posted.

Preston Murphy was also on that excellent 97-98 team Harrick inherited. Not only did they lose in the first round during Odom's only year in 99, but I believe they only got in because they won the A-10 tournament that year.
JConman
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum