Terrell to URI

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Terrell to URI

Postby commavegarage on Fri May 16, 2014 10:32 am

Not what I want to see out of Christian...
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: Terrell to URI

Postby hinghameagle on Fri May 16, 2014 10:43 am

losing this battle to URI is an abomination. I understand our coaches are new, but he visited BC and URI and picked URI. We just lost a top 75 recruit from Weymouth, whose one stated goal was that he wanted to be closer to home. We lost this kid to a school who is equally as bad as us, is 2 hours futher away from home than our school is, and plays in a significantly worse conference against inferior competition, with worse tv exposure, and he may not even start his freshman year. He was a starter from day 1 at BC. We just paid our assistants a ton of money not to have this type of loss happen. Not to URI.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Fri May 16, 2014 10:43 am

:popcorn
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby bcmurph on Fri May 16, 2014 10:47 am

:gun
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri May 16, 2014 10:48 am

And I was worried it was going to be a quiet Friday afternoon here...
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri May 16, 2014 10:50 am

Maybe he wants to be a big fish in a small pond.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri May 16, 2014 10:54 am

This is pretty bad. I can't think of one situation in which this was acceptable (unless, of course, there were admission issues. but I don't think there were).
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri May 16, 2014 10:56 am

Hurley has been recruiting him for a few years. We recruited him for a few weeks.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 31southst on Fri May 16, 2014 10:57 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Hurley has been recruiting him for a few years. We recruited him for a few weeks.

Was Preston Murphy not his recruiter at URI?
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Fri May 16, 2014 11:03 am

No excuses for this.

It's a joke. And it's why BC continues to be a joke.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Fri May 16, 2014 11:08 am

Just think about the fact that we just lost a top 100 recruit to URI.

Not UConn, not Providence. URI.

Rock bottom.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri May 16, 2014 11:14 am

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby sparky on Fri May 16, 2014 11:21 am

Let's not give up hope. There's always the possibility the work the coaching staff put in on this kid could pay off down the line and we get him as a fifth year transfer.
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri May 16, 2014 11:22 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Hurley has been recruiting him for a few years. We recruited him for a few weeks.

I'm surprised you're acting so level-headed about this.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 11:23 am

sparky {l Wrote}:Let's not give up hope. There's always the possibility the work the coaching staff put in on this kid could pay off down the line and we get him as a fifth year transfer.

This was subtle, yet awesome.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 11:24 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

It's not Christian's fault the program blows and no one wants to play here. Just be thankful Diallo came and STFU.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri May 16, 2014 11:35 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

It's not Christian's fault the program blows and no one wants to play here. Just be thankful Diallo came and STFU.

UConn, Providence, Harvard, UMass, and URI passed BC on the New England basketball pecking order on the last few years and during those last 3 crappy Skinner years.

This program is atrocious and will take some major rebuilding. BC needs a Top 25 class in 2015 and 2016 to fix this.

Be happy we got Diallo. In spite of the idiots on this board, Darryl Hicks will be fine at SG.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri May 16, 2014 11:37 am

BC will be fine if they can land Elijah Stewart and then have a good class next year headed by guys like Falzon.

but in the meantime.... FUCK FUCK FUCK
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri May 16, 2014 11:41 am

31southst {l Wrote}:

Was Preston Murphy not his recruiter at URI?

I think Hurley had the major relationship with him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri May 16, 2014 11:56 am

Stinks but URI was his second choice the first time he committed and BC wasn't even in his top 10, plus we had a coaching change. The playing field was sloped in URIs favor on this one (it's not Christian's fault that the kid wasn't interested in BC before Christian started coaching there). This is the staff's grace period where it's unreasonable to fault them for missing out. Starting with next year's class the grace period is over and losing out to URI is to be considered incompetence.
:screamyeagle :blah :boxer :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Bunratty on Fri May 16, 2014 11:57 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:BC will be fine if they can land Elijah Stewart and then have a good class next year headed by guys like Falzon.

but in the meantime.... FUCK FUCK FUCK

Is Stewart even scheduled for a visit?
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 12:01 pm

Without addressing whether you get a grace period when you start a job, landing a freakishly athletic interior post presence who mashes shots back at people and is a top 150 player within 2 months of starting the job gets you a pass. It's not going to be enough to change much dramatically this season, but its a damn good start.

And to cut people off at the pass, I could give a shit what decision Miller makes - nice addition if he joins, but not that big of a deal.

As for Terrell, Christian would have reached walking on water level if he had landed him. Nice to see a BC coach identify some actual talent and be in the mix. But expecting BC to land both of these guys and crying like a bitch when they don't is ridiculous. We had a real shot for once, which is good.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby sparky on Fri May 16, 2014 12:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Without addressing whether you get a grace period when you start a job, landing a freakishly athletic interior post presence who mashes shots back at people and is a top 150 player within 2 months of starting the job gets you a pass. It's not going to be enough to change much dramatically this season, but its a damn good start.

And to cut people off at the pass, I could give a shit what decision Miller makes - nice addition if he joins, but not that big of a deal.

As for Terrell, Christian would have reached walking on water level if he had landed him. Nice to see a BC coach identify some actual talent and be in the mix. But expecting BC to land both of these guys and crying like a bitch when they don't is ridiculous. We had a real shot for once, which is good.

I'll also give credit to Christian for keeping Hanlan. I know everybody was all like "not NBA ready" but I still think he strongly considered jumping ship. I'm in Christian's corner after two months and I certainly didn't expect to be, however, this Jared Terrell thing was a huge tease and a big let down. I think it's fine for people to wax upset and illogical for the next few days.
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri May 16, 2014 12:22 pm

I don't agree on Miller. We need high major talent, and as much of it as we can get. He's a high-major kid, regardless of style of basketball and very interested in BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 12:23 pm

I didn't think it was that big of a tease. Thought they had a shot, but to act like it was an expectation is stupid.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 12:23 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I don't agree on Miller. We need high major talent, and as much of it as we can get. He's a high-major kid, regardless of style of basketball and very interested in BC

Like I said. Okay if he comes, okay if he doesn't. Kind of how I felt about Carson Desrosiers and Anthony Gurley after seeing them play.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri May 16, 2014 12:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

UConn, Providence, Harvard, UMass, and URI passed BC on the New England basketball pecking order on the last few years and during those last 3 crappy Skinner years.

This program is atrocious and will take some major rebuilding. BC needs a Top 25 class in 2015 and 2016 to fix this.

Be happy we got Diallo. In spite of the idiots on this board, Darryl Hicks will be fine at SG.

Ummm.. Skinner was fired over 4 years ago when Terrell was 13. The current shitshow is all on your boy Donahue. Christian at least attempted to recruit Terrell... which is a major departure from the last 3 post-Joe Jones years.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri May 16, 2014 12:45 pm

Shiiiiiiiiiiit. I agree with tedwardo and mo'j.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Fri May 16, 2014 1:19 pm

What y'all ignore is that this rejection is not a reflection on Christian or Murphy personally.

The problem is fundamental: the perception that the country has about BC after the horrid situation GDF and WPL have made here.

First, it is obvious that BC is a coach's graveyard.

Second, the rep of this admin for truth is hardly encouraging.

Third, the impression persists that the school and city care little about college basketball.

Fourth, the defections of our two co-captains have resonated loud and clear across the hoops nation.

Finally (but there are other reasons, as well), the message is not lost on the country that the program was at best able to attract a coach from Ohio U.

AT URI, Terrell is going to a solid coach in an up and coming program.

Why in the world would he come here?

And nothing will change, given our passive fan base.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby eagle9903 on Fri May 16, 2014 1:43 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:What y'all ignore is that this rejection is not a reflection on Christian or Murphy personally.

The problem is fundamental: the perception that the country has about BC after the horrid situation GDF and WPL have made here.

First, it is obvious that BC is a coach's graveyard.

Second, the rep of this admin for truth is hardly encouraging.

Third, the impression persists that the school and city care little about college basketball.

Fourth, the defections of our two co-captains have resonated loud and clear across the hoop nation.

Finally (but there are other reasons, as well), the message is not lost on the country that the program was at best able to attract a coach from Ohio U.

AT URI, Terrell is going to a solid coach in an up and coming program.

Why in the world would he come here?

And nothing will change, given our passive fan base.

Lafleur/Austin/Ledo...
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum