Idrissa Diallo Commits

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Idrissa Diallo Commits

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Sat May 10, 2014 11:41 am

JonRothstein: 2014 big man Idrissa Diallo has committed to Boston College, source told @CBSSports. Originally committed to Cal.
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Re: Idrissa Diallo Commits

Postby 31southst on Sat May 10, 2014 11:43 am

Big commitment and can tell this staff might actually care about defense and rebounding. Hopefully we get Terrell too but honestly just getting Diallo is better than I expected after JC was hired.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat May 10, 2014 11:50 am

Crazy it took Christian what 2 months to do what Donahue couldn't do in 4 years?

The EO coaching staff approves :banana
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat May 10, 2014 11:58 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Crazy it took Christian what 2 months to do what Donahue couldn't do in 4 years?

The EO coaching staff approves :banana

ACC Caliber big man. The EO staff very much approves.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sat May 10, 2014 12:04 pm

This news is definitely less exciting than it would have been if Jeremy Miller didn't decommit yesterday.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat May 10, 2014 12:18 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:This news is definitely less exciting than it would have been if Jeremy Miller didn't decommit yesterday.

Not really.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat May 10, 2014 12:47 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:This news is definitely less exciting than it would have been if Jeremy Miller didn't decommit yesterday.

hang up the keyboard for a little
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Sat May 10, 2014 12:55 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

hang up the keyboard for a little

There is a lot of trying too hard to be the most/most frequently outraged.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sat May 10, 2014 1:22 pm

Wait so we wouldn't be more excited about this if we had Diallo this year and Miller next? Seriously?
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat May 10, 2014 1:40 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Wait so we wouldn't be more excited about this if we had Diallo this year and Miller next? Seriously?

I don't know, i guess so. But didn't you get it out of your system with your series of LOUD NOISES posts yesterday?

Diallo is an athletic big who should make up for a lot of defensive and athleticism shortcomings elsewhere on the roster pretty much immediately. He is more or less the definition of a position of need. With one or two more additions I can see next year being watchable basketball, which makes a huge difference in the big 2015 class.

His commitment shows that some combination of Christian and the staff are being taken seriously, which is a nice change.

Diallo as 2014 guy also helps to avoid roster imbalance in perpetuity.

Now go get Terrell (the murphy tweet about patience right after the diallo announcement seems like it could be directed to terrell maybe - like saying told you were not Donahue)
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat May 10, 2014 2:15 pm

This kid is a real big man. Miller is not. Miller is a good shooter for a PF. Done with that bullshit, give me some toughness.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RyanBC on Sat May 10, 2014 2:30 pm

Diallo looks great to me, and we should be competing with solid programs like Cal (under Montgomery)
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat May 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Diallo is a fantastic commit. Fills a huge need.

Land Terrell and we can become very good quickly.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Sat May 10, 2014 3:34 pm

The Vegas folks are busy establishing the line on how long it will be before he, too, recognizes his error and transfers out.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby eagle9903 on Sat May 10, 2014 3:37 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:The Vegas folks are busy establishing the line on how long it will be before he, too, recognizes his error and transfers out.

Your program hired the guy responsible for UConns post season suspension as recruiting coordinator. Now the pipers come calling.

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Sat May 10, 2014 6:16 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:The Vegas folks are busy establishing the line on how long it will be before he, too, recognizes his error and transfers out.

Your program hired the guy responsible for UConns post season suspension as recruiting coordinator. Now the pipers come calling.

And who is that?
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sat May 10, 2014 7:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This kid is a real big man. Miller is not. Miller is a good shooter for a PF. Done with that bullshit, give me some toughness.

I'm not saying this kid is bad or anything. I think it's a great pickup.

It's time for BC to build around some size in the front court. And personally I absolutely love the fact that he is a defensive first player. We need that.

But like I said, this would be much better if we still had Miller in the fold. It's not like we have 6'9" forwards out the wazoo on this current roster.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby cartel_hoops on Sat May 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:JonRothstein: 2014 big man Idrissa Diallo has committed to Boston College, source told @CBSSports. Originally committed to Cal.

This is why we went out and added Preston Murphy to the staff. He is one of the best recruiters out there. Congrats to Coach Jim Christian and the BC staff.
cartel_hoops
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sat May 10, 2014 7:21 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

It's time for BC to build around some size in the front court. And personally I absolutely love the fact that he is a defensive first player. We need that.

But like I said, this would be much better if we still had Miller in the fold. It's not like we have 6'9" forwards out the wazoo on this current roster.

Calling Miller a forward is laugh out loud funny. He's a forward like JJ Reddick is a forward.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sat May 10, 2014 7:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Calling Miller a forward is laugh out loud funny. He's a forward like JJ Reddick is a forward.

Yeah, it's also like calling Dirk Nowitski one of the best forwards of all time. Laugh out loud funny.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat May 10, 2014 7:54 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Will Magerity waives hello.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat May 10, 2014 8:04 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

And who is that?

I think you know.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Sat May 10, 2014 11:23 pm

I wasn't on the board for the "OMG... Miller decommitted" harikari. I found out Miller decommitted and Diallo committed simultaneously when I checked the board this evening. Anyone who is tempering their excitement about Diallo is a bloody vagina. Landing Diallo is the craziest recruiting coup in a generation. Diallo is a sick, sick, sick player. His height and athleticism has him on target for the Association. Fucking enjoy it folks. A legit Center to build around is something that rarely comes along.

Terrell and Miller are excellent talents and would be huge for the program, but there are a shit-ton more players like them than there are Diallo. Diallo is a "game changer" in every definition of that over-used word.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat May 10, 2014 11:42 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:A legit Center to build around is something that rarely comes along.

Josh Southern?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun May 11, 2014 7:07 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:A legit Center to build around is something that rarely comes along.

Josh Southern?

While Southern was a big time prospect, watching 5-seconds of YouTube highlights shows they are very different players. Diallo is a bulked-up version of **** ********.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun May 11, 2014 9:01 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yeah, it's also like calling Dirk Nowitski one of the best forwards of all time. Laugh out loud funny.

If they recruit Dirk Nowitski, I will concede the argument, Dan Quayle.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun May 11, 2014 9:49 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

If they recruit Dirk Nowitski, I will concede the argument, Dan Quayle.

I've never once seen the kid play, I'm sure you haven't either.

Just saying that to dismiss that type of player is ridiculous.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Sun May 11, 2014 12:13 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

And who is that?

I think you know.

---------------------
I don't know.

If you have something to say, man up and name a name.

Otherwise, your shadow accusation just reeks of cowardice.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sun May 11, 2014 12:23 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

And who is that?

I think you know.

I
---------------------
I don't know.

It reeks of a trader.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun May 11, 2014 2:37 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

And who is that?

I think you know.

---------------------
I don't know.

High hypocrisy.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum