compilation of craptacular maroonngold threads

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: It's Official: ESPN Recognizes Our Status

Postby MaroonNGold on Fri May 30, 2014 6:30 am

How typically pathetic are the replies to the news that ESPN has labeled alma mater's hoops job what it has become since Al was fired.

Instead of working to change our dismal plight, the above literati focus on another school and the messenger.

Keep dreaming, boys, that our job will become prime time. Maybe the Braves WILL move back to Boston, too.

P.S.

I carry no water for any other school, BUT do note the success of some other programs in the region, which are free of the leadership deficit which has brought ours to its knees.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri May 30, 2014 7:50 am

While I don't disagree with anyone pissing on Leahy or who is irate about the Christian hire, that article is fucking terrible. Marquette is a worse job then DePaul? On what fucking planet is that true? Marquette plays to a sell out crowd in a state of the art basketball arena every night. Pulls a significant amount of talent out of the fertile recruiting grounds of Chicago and is enough of a name brand to pull significant talent from the east coast and the AAU circuit. Plus, Milwaukee is a great town with lots to do. If Marquette is a "bad job" then so is every non-football school in D1 including Villanova, Georgetown, Gonzaga, VCU, Xavier, Dayton, etc., etc. Let's also say that I have it on excellent authority that there was more to the story of the departure of Buzz Williams--a sort of jump before you get pushed for various ethical issues--which is why he took one of the truly terrible jobs in college basketball for less money.

Also, for all of the author's breathless and hysterical plumping for Sconnie, the truth is that since the Badger's resurgence that began with Dick Bennett and has continued under Bo Ryan, Sconnie and Marquette have played in as many Final Fours and Marquette has dominated the regular season series. ESPN is really populated by terrible, terrible, writers.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri May 30, 2014 8:08 am

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:How typically pathetic are the replies to the news that ESPN has labeled alma mater's hoops job what it has become since Al was fired.

Instead of working to change our dismal plight, the above literati focus on another school and the messenger.

Keep dreaming, boys, that our job will become prime time. Maybe the Braves WILL move back to Boston, too.

P.S.

I carry no water for any other school, BUT do note the success of some other programs in the region, which are free of the leadership deficit which has brought ours to its knees.

Let's cut the crap Roonie.

It has been confirmed beyond a scintilla of doubt that you are a friend, family or bodily fluid receptacle for a former assistant Boston College basketball coach. You may not carry water for another school, but you do for an individual and you believe he was wronged.

To be honest with you, 100% of the board would have preferred they hired your guy instead of Beaker having the benefit of hindsight. However, the freedom from leadership deficit at the program that hired him and some morally questionable decisions in his own hiring are now extremely likely to result in a show cause. Its too bad because it wouldn't have happened at BC.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri May 30, 2014 9:40 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:How typically pathetic are the replies to the news that ESPN has labeled alma mater's hoops job what it has become since Al was fired.

P.S.

It has been confirmed beyond a scintilla of doubt that you are a friend, family or bodily fluid receptacle for a former assistant Boston College basketball coach. You may not carry water for another school, but you do for an individual and you believe he was wronged.

To be honest with you, 100% of the board would have preferred they hired your guy instead of Beaker having the benefit of hindsight. However, the freedom from leadership deficit at the program that hired him and some morally questionable decisions in his own hiring are now extremely likely to result in a show cause. Its too bad because it wouldn't have happened at BC.

Well, that escalated quickly. Siriuzly quickly
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MaroonNGold on Fri May 30, 2014 10:14 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

P.S.

--------------

As free with accusations as you are, let's see your backbone now: tell us what you are hinting at about sanctions and show cause coming elsewhere; what hiring practice ethical problem you mean; and the proof you have about me.

FYI, I have no idea who "Roonie" is.

We all await your reply.
Last edited by MaroonNGold on Fri May 30, 2014 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby sparky on Fri May 30, 2014 10:18 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

P.S.

Haha, I am so glad I dropped by today.
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri May 30, 2014 10:18 am

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

P.S.

--------------

93'

As free with accusations as you are, let's see your backbone now: tell us what you are hinting at about sanctions and show cause coming elsewhere; what hiring practice ethical problem you mean; and the proof you have about me.

We all await your reply.

I've been very clear and of course you know of what I speak. Roonie is an abbreviation of your screen name MaroonNGold. Come on now. Read better.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Fri May 30, 2014 10:54 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

P.S.

--------------

93'

We all await your reply.

I've been very clear and of course you know of what I speak. Roonie is an abbreviation of your screen name MaroonNGold. Come on now. Read better.

--------------

Your callow reply is no surprise, though sad.

No, I DON'T "know of what I (you) speak."

Since you can't support the accusations you make, better to not make them, my man.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri May 30, 2014 11:02 am

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:Since you can't support the accusations you make, better to not make them, my man.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Fri May 30, 2014 6:52 pm

One encouraging sign is that NO ONE has disputed that BC 's is a bad job.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri May 30, 2014 7:03 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:One encouraging sign is that NO ONE has disputed that BC 's is a bad job.

I dispute the assertion that the BC job is a bad job.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Iggle on Fri May 30, 2014 8:15 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:One encouraging sign is that NO ONE has disputed that BC 's is a bad job.

I dispute the assertion that the BC job is a bad job.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Sat May 31, 2014 8:01 am

Chicken and Iggle,

Tell us where ESPN is wrong, and why the BC job is not a bad one.

And while you're at it, how about explaining why we attracted the low level coach applicant pool we had when Don was fired?

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat May 31, 2014 12:01 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:Chicken and Iggle,

Tell us where ESPN is wrong, and why the BC job is not a bad one.

And while you're at it, how about explaining why we attracted the low level coach applicant pool we had when Don was fired?

Name the applicant pool. And explain why are you limiting this to only those that formally applied.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Sat May 31, 2014 12:20 pm

Hey, Pedro,

Do you know anyone who applied/was considered who elevated the pool level?

If so, speak up.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat May 31, 2014 1:07 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:Hey, Pedro,

If so, speak up.

Ed cooley. But the search committee said no, poor in game coach.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat May 31, 2014 1:38 pm

If so, speak up.

You haven't answered my question yet. Speak up.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat May 31, 2014 4:43 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

If so, speak up.

You didn't ask a question.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:17 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

If so, speak up.

Cooley did not apply. He was contacted, and said no, per press reports.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:19 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

If so, speak up.

All names reported in the press as having applied.

Did not see one top tier name among them

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:36 am

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

If so, speak up.

Press reports also said that Donahue was staying.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:04 am

Hypocrite still hasn't spoken up...
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:46 am

apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:50 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

If so, speak up.

Press reports also said that Donahue was staying.

Exactly.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:00 am

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

If so, speak up.

All names reported in the press as having applied.

Did not see one top tier name among them

Please find the press report stating that Jim Christian "applied" for the Boston College basketball head coaching position.

I'd also like to see the "press report" stating Cooley did not "apply"
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Nice deflection attempt, but no cigar.

The issue for you and pedro and all here is this:

If you disagree with the ESPN finding that BC's is a bad job, tell us why you so think, and what proof you have that it is a good job.

That shouldn't be too much to ask of you learned folks.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:57 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:03,

If you disagree with the ESPN finding that BC's is a bad job, tell us why you so think, and what proof you have that it is a good job.

How is pointing out that you are a liar deflecting?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:07 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:03,

:lame
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Hey roonie... Have you stopped beating your wife?

If you or any of the other folks here can offer proof, we'll be happy to accept it.

Shouldn't be too difficult for a providence jock sniffer such as yourself.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:26 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Hey roonie... Have you stopped beating your wife?

If you or any of the other folks here can offer proof, we'll be happy to accept it.

Shouldn't be too difficult for a providence jock sniffer such as yourself.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum