compilation of craptacular maroonngold threads

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: The Washington game

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:59 pm

I IB'd the game. Looking at the box score, it confirms what we know. If they shoot threes well, they have a shot to win. If they shoot poorly, they can lose to anyone because they don't play any defense.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:00 pm

Don's getting an extension, bitches.

Owens benched all game. Heck too. Yet Odio still sees the court. Incredible.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle14 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Btw... Margarity is functional and Odio is terrible. Heck still in Spaz's doghouse.

Ya Odio looks lost this year. I'll take Drago/Magarity over Heckmann/Odio. I've never enjoyed watching Heckmann play, which may be unfair, but he is always a turnover waiting to happen.

The Hanlan, Rahon, Drago, Magarity, Anderson lineup looks good. I think Jackson and Owens should be first two off the bench, then Odio, then Heckmann, then Caudill. Never Rubin.
BCEagle14
n00b

Postby BCEagle14 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I IB'd the game. Looking at the box score, it confirms what we know. If they shoot threes well, they have a shot to win. If they shoot poorly, they can lose to anyone because they don't play any defense.

Their defense actually looked solid in my opinion. The Wilcox kid was unconscious, and hit several NBA 3s, which you can live with as a coach. BC shut down pretty much everyone else, including the big man.
BCEagle14
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:08 pm

BCEagle14 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I IB'd the game. Looking at the box score, it confirms what we know. If they shoot threes well, they have a shot to win. If they shoot poorly, they can lose to anyone because they don't play any defense.

Their defense actually looked solid in my opinion. The Wilcox kid was unconscious, and hit several NBA 3s, which you can live with as a coach. BC shut down pretty much everyone else, including the big man.

You're clearly watching a different game than the rest of us. Some of Washington's baskets were so easy
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:17 pm

That's a LOT of points for good defense.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby GodofBeasts94 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:18 pm

BCEagle14 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Btw... Margarity is functional and Odio is terrible. Heck still in Spaz's doghouse.

Ya Odio looks lost this year. I'll take Drago/Magarity over Heckmann/Odio. I've never enjoyed watching Heckmann play, which may be unfair, but he is always a turnover waiting to happen.

The Hanlan, Rahon, Drago, Magarity, Anderson lineup looks good. I think Jackson and Owens should be first two off the bench, then Odio, then Heckmann, then Caudill. Never Rubin.

Heckmann should be on the floor. He helps. And he hasn't been a turnover machine since the first 1/3 of last year.

Magarity is going to be more than functional. He has good hands and good positioning and he showed some rebounding grit today. Give him a couple more weeks and then give him some summer conditioning and he will be solid. Remember how absolutely clueless and scared Dennis looked in the first month of his freshman year? He had ZERO confidence with the ball and he was rail thin.

Joe was huge tonight -- and you have to give him a lot of credit for that; not easy to do after crapping the bed like he did last night.

Having Jackson back is helping.

Drago seems to be gaining confidence. Maybe it's not surprising it's taken a bit of time since he hadn't played a meaningful game in 18 months. That offensive rebound and put back was key.

Odio does look like he's lost confidence. But it may be his injury is still hampering him. Remember against Providence he actually put the ball on the foor and drove to the hoop with flair. Let's not give up on him yet.

And then there's KC. Or, as the announcers suggested, "a guy who looks like he hunts bears." I'm actually ok with him logging 6 minutes a game to keep Magarity from fouling out. But I don't want to see him as the first or second guy off the bench like he was last night.

Still would like O to be more aggressive early. But I'm not going to complain.

Would be great to see them go on a run now. Beat Sacred Heart then all five games before Christmas are winnable (Purdue, USC, Maryland, Philly, Auburn); they just gotta believe and get it done. Go to VCU game at 8-4 or 7-5 at worse.

Drag
GodofBeasts94
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:22 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That's a LOT of points for good defense.

It wasn't good defense at all
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:22 pm

If Odio is injured, then it is inexcusable that he gets run over Owens and Heck.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:27 pm

It was not good defense. I will take the win tho. Like teddy said, it confirms what we know. If the 3s fall they can outscore their lack of defense.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:40 pm

BC found an opponent as morally opposed to defense as they are and shot the lights out, simple as that.

Had to start somewhere though.

Now let's see them do it against someone that will actually make an effort to defend them. Will probably have to wait until the trip to West Lafayette for that though.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:45 pm

if you told me before the game that Shawn Kemp's son played for UW, I wouldn't have been sure if we would have gotten a single rebound. I guess the apple falls far from the tree

Anyways, great win. shooting was good, defense still bad. no idea why Owens didn't play.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:07 pm

missed the whole game. thats what happens when its a 5 pm game during the week.

is the ARLINGTON EXPRESS full again?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:09 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:if you told me before the game that Shawn Kemp's son played for UW, I wouldn't have been sure if we would have gotten a single rebound. I guess the apple falls far from the tree

Anyways, great win. shooting was good, defense still bad. no idea why Owens didn't play.

If you told me before the game that Shawn Kemp's son played for UW, I would've. Asked "just one?"
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:48 pm

THIS was good bench management.

The key to the game obviously was the insertion of KC and the immediate dividend it paid.

Get him out from underneath that towel earlier from now on and we win!
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby eaglesfan06 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:56 pm

Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello
Patrick Heckmann, BC's third-leading scorer, didn't play tonight. Steve Donahue said he wasn't hurt. "I'm just trying another guy."

Good god Donahue you are retarded, you can play more than 6 guys.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:11 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello
Patrick Heckmann, BC's third-leading scorer, didn't play tonight. Steve Donahue said he wasn't hurt. "I'm just trying another guy."

Good god Donahue you are retarded, you can play more than 6 guys.

He played 11 against UConn
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:30 am

The Logitano Army spent 2 wonderful days watching the 2013-2014 BC hoops team up close and I can say it is CONFIRMED that the Don has this turned around. Talked to a few of the players after the game last night and they felt BC is about to go on a huge run. Ryan Anderson is the real deal, sorry that I am not sorry to be the one to break that news to you all. Clifford will be back sooner than later. SUCK IT HATERS! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:The Logitano Army spent 2 wonderful days watching the 2013-2014 BC hoops team up close and I can say it is CONFIRMED that the Don has this turned around. Talked to a few of the players after the game last night and they felt BC is about to go on a huge run. Ryan Anderson is the real deal, sorry that I am not sorry to be the one to break that news to you all. Clifford will be back sooner than later. SUCK IT HATERS! :ace

That's all very nice, but they still have to prove it on the court with W's; their western road trip should be very enlightening.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle14 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle14 {l Wrote}:

You're clearly watching a different game than the rest of us. Some of Washington's baskets were so easy

I'm not saying their defense is good. Compared to the first few games, it seems to slowly be getting better. Also, the rebounding and overall effort on loose balls has improved big time the last two games, which is nice to see.
BCEagle14
n00b

The Sacred Heart game

Postby MaroonNGold on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Apparently the plan to put this game on national TV ended when the network realized that the surging attendance and crowd furor would make it impossible for the broadcast trucks to set up.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Re: The Sacred Heart game

Postby angrychicken on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:48 pm

***(fart)***
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Queef
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:01 pm

...I think I'll take the game threads back now. thanks
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Please put maroonngold next to kb2525 on the arlingtonexpress
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:17 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Please put maroonngold next to kb2525 on the arlingtonexpress

I'm betting that there won't be a seat for maroonngold on the AE. Maybe he can hitch a ride with Leahy.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Well, now boys : will YOU all be in attendance Tuesday night?

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:02 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:Well, now boys : will YOU all be in attendance Tuesday night?

Um, no. Why?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:05 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:***(fart)***

this is the best gag in a while
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:16 am