Rahon

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rahon

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:41 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:You guys sound like a broken record. I heard the same shit when Donahue took over and all those current roster players and recruits coming in left, "who needs them, they sucked anyway" "the Don is the best, he knows what he is doing" and on and on. How did that work out?????

The top three jobs of a new coach are:

1. Keep the players that are currently on the team.
2. Make sure the current recruits stay committed (no worries here for Christian).
3. Recruit new players and fast.

Donahue was 1-2, Christian so far is 1-1 with the one win being by default.

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Assuming he's close to 100%, Daryl Hicks is a very good player.

Classic idiotic statement from eepstein. Tell me eepstein, for the last three years or so all you've done is complain about Donahue's shitty recruiting and the fact that there are one or two ACC caliber players on the team. How do you come to this conclusion that Hicks is a very good player???? You are a dope and don't know what you are talking about as usual.

I still haven't been wrong about any of this talent. I look forward to the Fall when everyone says "Jeez this Hicks guy is decent"
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:04 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:AAU is really, really weird.

the weirdest
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby sparky on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:23 am

The kid is underrated because people remember baskets more than they do assists. I don't understand how it's supposed to be a good thing that we're likely losing one of the better players on the team. Check out the stat sheet if you don't think he's any good though. His assist to turnovers ratio was really good, and he gave you more minutes than anybody else but Hanlan. I realize everybody wants a fresh start, but what kind of recruit is going to be impressed visiting the morgue for a game next year if the team can't even keep things close in the first half?
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:25 am

sparky {l Wrote}:The kid is underrated because people remember baskets more than they do assists. I don't understand how it's supposed to be a good thing that we're likely losing one of the better players on the team. Check out the stat sheet if you don't think he's any good though. His assist to turnovers ratio was really good, and he gave you more minutes than anybody else but Hanlan. I realize everybody wants a fresh start, but what kind of recruit is going to be impressed visiting the morgue for a game next year if the team can't even keep things close in the first half?

8 wins. That's the only stat sheet that matters. None of these players will be relevant in rebuilding.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
sparky {l Wrote}:The kid is underrated because people remember baskets more than they do assists. I don't understand how it's supposed to be a good thing that we're likely losing one of the better players on the team. Check out the stat sheet if you don't think he's any good though. His assist to turnovers ratio was really good, and he gave you more minutes than anybody else but Hanlan. I realize everybody wants a fresh start, but what kind of recruit is going to be impressed visiting the morgue for a game next year if the team can't even keep things close in the first half?

8 wins. That's the only stat sheet that matters. None of these players will be relevant in rebuilding.

2-wins. That's the only stat sheet that matters. None of these players will be relevant in rebuilding. - circa April 2013 talking about FB players transferring with the arrival of Daz
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:29 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

8 wins with Donahue. How many wins would we have had with a decent coach? If everybody thinks the Don underachieved, then the talent on the team must be decent.

If Hanlan stays and Hicks turns out to be good, Rahon leaving is not a big deal. I would, however, like to hold on to as many decent players as possible. Injuries happen and you want the team to be as competitive as possible every year.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:53 am

Now that Anderson is gone, I don't think it matters much. Had Anderson stayed, you might have a point.

As for HJS' point, well, this ain't football.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Citing the 8 wins in a vaccuum is pretty weak, even for a girlfriend.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:28 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:So if both leave, is Sam Donohue the starting PG?

Next year will be a good time

Any student who shows up before tipoff will be able to walk on the team and play PG! :angrychicken
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:32 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Citing the 8 wins in a vaccuum is pretty weak, even for a girlfriend.

Yeah, I know, and I am a proponent of the fact that Don was a disaster and they were good enough to be a bubble team. It's just nicer than pointing out that these players aren't good enough to do more than win 18 games in one season before all of them are gone at once. And in the case of this team, that presumed that ALL of them stayed. Anderson being gone eliminates the only rebounder on the team.

Look what happened when a couple of guys hung around for the Don's first season. End of the day, Rahon being good enough to contribute for one season to a CBI team doesn't excite me much. In fact, it excites me so little I couldn't be bothered to come up with a decent argument.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:29 pm

I'm glad we're measuring teddy's projected 8 wins as if it were fact. even though there's going to be a far easier OOC schedule and a coach that isn't Steve Donahue. keeping Joe Rahon should be a priority... he's an ACC player. I am surprised (for some reason) that there are people that don't care if he leaves.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:38 pm

But if we tank we might get next year's Wiggins or Parker.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:11 pm

Anderson apparently down to Iowa St, Indiana and Arizona.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:25 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Anderson apparently down to Iowa St, Indiana and Arizona.

No west coast schools?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:29 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Anderson apparently down to Iowa St, Indiana and Arizona.

No west coast schools?

has no space been gone for so long that you forget arizona is on the west coast?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:29 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I'm glad we're measuring teddy's projected 8 wins as if it were fact. even though there's going to be a far easier OOC schedule and a coach that isn't Steve Donahue. keeping Joe Rahon should be a priority... he's an ACC player. I am surprised (for some reason) that there are people that don't care if he leaves.

I am not projecting 8 wins as if it were fact. 8 wins were fact, it just fucking happened.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I'm glad we're measuring teddy's projected 8 wins as if it were fact. even though there's going to be a far easier OOC schedule and a coach that isn't Steve Donahue. keeping Joe Rahon should be a priority... he's an ACC player. I am surprised (for some reason) that there are people that don't care if he leaves.

I am not projecting 8 wins as if it were fact. 8 wins were fact, it just fucking happened.

the w3ird0z refuse to believe that last season actually happened.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Whutevurz, Dumbledorf. LOLOLZZ
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Mitch on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Joe Rahon is a + offensive player, imo. He's the most creative and instinctive assist player on the current roster. His shooting looked improved at the beginning of the year, that is until he was benched for the start of the UConn game for being late to the bus---which struck me as odd because Joe Rahon probably has never been late for anything basketball related---he's the consummate gym rat. If he ever develops a decent tear-drop floater, he could be quite the dual threat on his penetrations. Plus, he likes having the ball in his hands in key situations.

On the defensive end, he is a fairly pesky on-the-ball defender---and as a freshman his help was pretty solid---he took his fair share of charges. But, this past year, his help (like the rest of the team) was noticeably a step or two late, but he still was in a position so many times to at least go for a strip on a layup right under his nose, but instead he did the ol' ole. Now---here's the thing---when you play for a coach who benches you when you foul---you don't take those fouls for the team---and this is one of the big changes that the new staff has to make, especially when you do not have a shot blocker to defend the rim on a consistent basis.

Where Rahon struggles most is in transition---but could improve in that area once the team is defending and rebounding better and getting quicker outlets. And, like the rest of the team, he needs to make a much stronger effort to stop and/or turn the ball in defensive transition.

Rahon would be smart to stay at BC---he knows what his competition is---and could endear himself to the new staff if he went out there and busted his butt. The new staff---and their focus on "culture identity plays"---could help Rahon take his game to a higher level. he might have to adapt to being a 6th or 7th man---but, he still could be looking at quality minutes.
Mitch
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:10 pm

why don't you marry joe rahon.

in fact, i now pronounce you and joe rahon man and wife... and YOU'RE the wife
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

do you even read? talking about next year, big guy.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:45 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

do you even read? talking about next year, big guy.

I wasn't. And you were quoting me, little guy.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MaroonNGold on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:49 pm

One thing that Rahon is NOT: a fool.

Why would he stay with our loser program, where we play to ushers and vendors, and where they will be lucky to get 10 wins, with no tourney prospects?

He has the option to go to a school with not only better hoops success, but also a place with an unsullied rep in the college sports world.

Good decision, Joe, and every success to you wherever you land.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:55 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:One thing that Rahon is NOT: a fool.

Why would he stay with our loser program, where we play to ushers and vendors, and where they will be lucky to get 10 wins, with no tourney prospects?

He has the option to go to a school with not only better hoops success, but also a place with an unsullied rep in the college sports world.

yes... well the world needs ditchdigger too
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:33 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Adios, mediocre!

Who gives a shit if Rahon leaves? Oh crap, we might win 6 instead of 8. You guys are short bus eligible.

so, you're saying that if Joe Rahon transfers, our last years win total will go down to 6? we're still talking about last year, right?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No 8 wins was last year with everyone, 6 wins was next year without Anderson and Rahon
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:20 pm

i'm excited for this to become retardeder than the higgy/prick6 arguement
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:25 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:One thing that Rahon is NOT: a fool.

Maybe he should go to Providence. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:26 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm excited for this to become retardeder than the higgy/prick6 arguement

too late
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:32 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm excited for this to become retardeder than the higgy/prick6 arguement

Is that one on the LIST or the TEAM? Or is it just on A LIST?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum