Ryan Anderson Will Transfer

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Ryan Anderson Will Transfer

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:54 pm

_AndersonBC12: I have decided to transfer from BC. Thank you to everyone who has supported me over the last 3 yrs. Proud I was able to be an Eagle #RIPDK

His twitter moments ago
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Re: Ryan Anderson Will Transfer

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Roster balance!
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:57 pm

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:02 pm

as short sighted as it gets.

1 year of play somewhere else won't get him to the nba...and theres about a 99% chance he won't transfer to a school that will get him as good of a degree. he'll end up in europe (as he would have had he played another year here) with a less valuable degree.

as tw said, really not losing sleep about any of the roster leaving.

but i would bet hanlan won't be far behind.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby sweetriverbaines on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Good luck to Ryan can't blame someone who wants to sniff the NCAA's after 4 years.
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Best of luck to him.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:05 pm

the donahue era will go down as the biggest black mark on the program's history in the last 30 years.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Iggle on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Bummer. I enjoyed watching him play. Hopefully he can make it to the tourney wherever he ends up.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:08 pm

If Hanlan leaves as well we're talking a potential 0 wins in the ACC season
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:12 pm

Good riddence. We can't rid ourselves from every involved in the Donahue era soon enough.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:15 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Good riddence. We can't rid ourselves from every involved in the Donahue era soon enough.

i actually thought anderson was a good player who was one of few, if not the only one, who gave it his all night in and night out last season.

wish him well, also wish him better advice in the future.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:18 pm

Unless he's transferring to play for amaker at Harvard, dumb move.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:18 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Good riddence. We can't rid ourselves from every involved in the Donahue era soon enough.

i actually thought anderson was a good player who was one of few, if not the only one, who gave it his all night in and night out last season.

He is a good player.

But nothing that special. I hope he finds a good place. Less against him more against the fact that Donahue fucked up for probably 10 years.

I seriously hope we lose as many players as possible to transfer. Not a Christian fan, but I'd rather let him build the team how he and his assistant want from scratch rather than around the scrubs we have.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:19 pm

:banana
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

He is a good player.

But nothing that special. I hope he finds a good place. Less against him more against the fact that Donahue fucked up for probably 10 years.

I seriously hope we lose as many players as possible to transfer. Not a Christian fan, but I'd rather let him build the team how he and his assistant want from scratch rather than around the scrubs we have.

This is dumb. Carry on.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:25 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}::banana
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

He is a good player.

This is dumb. Carry on.

It's dumb cause you disagree?

Oh wow, we lost the best player on an 8 win team....how are we ever going to recover. This isn't like we are losing Jared Dudley.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:28 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:Bummer. I enjoyed watching him play. Hopefully he can make it to the tourney wherever he ends up.

I agree, but I won't miss that droopy sad carry the weight of the world on my shoulders look on his face. I can't wait until we get some toughness around here and all the pussies have either graduated or transferred.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:28 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

this

The only current players I would be disappointed in losing are Owens and Magarity. I think they have the most upside of anyone left.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:29 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

He is a good player.

This is dumb. Carry on.

Oh wow, we lost the best player on an 8 win team....how are we ever going to recover. This isn't like we are losing Jared Dudley.

Who is Christian going to bring in that he couldn't if Anderson stayed?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:36 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

He is a good player.

This is dumb. Carry on.

1. He'll be able to balance the scholar issue better because he can add another freshman for this upcoming season.

2. Who cares? I want players who are going to fit the style of our current coach. Everyone from the era of jacking up random threes, playing absolutely no defense and being generally soft can move on for all I care.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:44 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:

1. He'll be able to balance the scholar issue better because he can add another freshman for this upcoming season.

2. Who cares? I want players who are going to fit the style of our current coach. Everyone from the era of jacking up random threes, playing absolutely no defense and being generally soft can move on for all I care.

That was Donahue's philosophy, no? They could use their second leading scorer and leading rebounder next year, there's no debating that. Jimminy Christmas needs to keep everyone on that roster...even Caudill. If not, he will be stuck giving away scholarships this summer in order to field a team unless he has 2 or 3 JuCo players he wants to bring in but BC doesn't do the JuCo thing. This is sort of how Donahue got in a jam with lousy players and massive classes. Stop the bleeding and make sure Rahon and Hanlan stick around.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby bcmurph on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:51 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:
Iggle {l Wrote}:Bummer. I enjoyed watching him play. Hopefully he can make it to the tourney wherever he ends up.

I agree, but I won't miss that droopy sad carry the weight of the world on my shoulders look on his face. I can't wait until we get some toughness around here and all the pussies have either graduated or transferred.

Much truth in this... but fuck a captain that abandons ship.... :lame
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:02 pm

i lost my cheer sheet. is this a "PACK YER BAGS... PACK YER BAGS" moment or not?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:05 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:

That was Donahue's philosophy, no? They could use their second leading scorer and leading rebounder next year, there's no debating that. Jimminy Christmas needs to keep everyone on that roster...even Caudill. If not, he will be stuck giving away scholarships this summer in order to field a team unless he has 2 or 3 JuCo players he wants to bring in but BC doesn't do the JuCo thing. This is sort of how Donahue got in a jam with lousy players and massive classes. Stop the bleeding and make sure Rahon and Hanlan stick around.

There are more than enough good players that are still uncommitted that could be had for next season.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:11 pm

I don't understand why people are upset with a kid fleeing what many here have been saying for a week is a sinking ship? I hate what Leahy has done in destroying the athletic department for selfish reasons (i.e. BC sports is not fun). But, I also hate it because of how it ruins the college experience for all those student-athletes who picked to come to BC over other schools. I can't blame a kid who is doing what he feels (and probably) is in his best interest.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:11 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

He is a good player.

This is dumb. Carry on.

1. Adding someone he has little time to recruit and who will have be a full four year drag on a ship versus a proven commodity ACC level player with one year left. Right.
2. Anderson didn't jack 3's and the reason his defense was subpar was because he was forced to play out of position. But hey, an ohfer ACC season should be an easy recruiting sell.

Your posts are a lot of 'toopid. Good luck to Ryan.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Best of luck, Ryan.

We need a Jared Dudley-like recruiting miracle or two.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby NJM89 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:17 pm

Hopefully Christian can get a 5th year eligible senior pf-c that can play right away or we're going to win less than 8 games next year
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:37 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:as short sighted as it gets.

1 year of play somewhere else won't get him to the nba...and theres about a 99% chance he won't transfer to a school that will get him as good of a degree. he'll end up in europe (as he would have had he played another year here) with a less valuable degree.

as tw said, really not losing sleep about any of the roster leaving.

but i would bet hanlan won't be far behind.

I agree with you. He had 1 last year at BC and could have been part of the leadership crew that dug out of where we are while also still playing in the ACC and on tv all the time. Unless he is going to Stanford I would say this was a boneheaded and shortsighted decision. Of course as a BC grad I see the value in getting the degree from the Heights above all other things that are going on right now. I wish him well but think he should have finished up at BC. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:38 pm

The scholarship imbalance isn't quite as bad as you guys think it is because Clifford and Hicks both effectively got pushed back a class. We are running low on players though:

Hanlan: less reason to stay than ever
Rahon: may want to play in Cali/for better team, who knows?
Heckmann: may decide to go pro in Europe now as opposed to next year, who knows?
Clifford: harder to picture him leaving
Jackson: leaving wouldn't make any more sense than Anderson, but can't rule it out
Odio: probably can't transfer to a power conference, harder to see him leaving
Caudill: probably would have left last year if he had any inclination to
Drago: will he follow the Humphrey double transfer path? Humphrey had dreams of going pro I don't know that Drago does
Magarity: doesn't his dad have connections here? in line for a lot of playing time at least
Owens: Probably showed enough that he could transfer to a power conference school if he wanted to
Hicks: who knows?

I think a lot of the "who knows" players may decide based on how well they receive Christian as a coach, but as somebody else said if Anderson is the first domino his transfer might push others to leave as well. :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:44 pm

A year from now, Ryan Anderson is going to be sleeping on Das Heckmann's pullout couch in Saxony playing for the Chemnitz Chodes and getting paid in delicious year round McRibs. Dipshit.

Transfer kids, whether athletes or not, were always weirdos anyway. So long, weirdo.

Hanlan is different. If you are leaving to get paid, get paid.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum