Ryan Anderson Will Transfer

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Ryan Anderson Will Transfer

Postby Bunratty on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:27 am

Well, apparently AZ has a S&C coach.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby Bender on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:34 am

That's impressive, I never realized he had it in him. When he played for BC I would've ranked his vert just ahead of Danya Abrams and Jared Dudley.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:20 am

Does BC not have a S&C for basketball? How did Anderson jump that high?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:32 am

I'm just going to nod here.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:38 am

Anderson had 19 points and 10 rebounds in 23 minutes of scrimmage time.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:02 am

S&C under Donahue was a huge failure. Clifford and Owens have both put on weight under the new regime that they didn't have under Donahue. KC Caudill was allowed to impersonate the Pillsbury doughboy. Anderson came in a little chubby, lost 10 pounds, then never bulked up at all. Dragicevic, Cain Carney, Rubin: did these guys even lift weights? The only player who improved as far as I could tell was Odio. Donahue placed a huge emphasis on being in great cardio shape at the expense of building muscle - then he played at a snail's tempo and his teams got throttled on the boards over and over. Another of the reasons he is back in the Ivy league.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby QuailMan on Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:44 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:S&C under Donahue was a huge failure. Clifford and Owens have both put on weight under the new regime that they didn't have under Donahue. KC Caudill was allowed to impersonate the Pillsbury doughboy. Anderson came in a little chubby, lost 10 pounds, then never bulked up at all. Dragicevic, Cain Carney, Rubin: did these guys even lift weights? The only player who improved as far as I could tell was Odio. Donahue placed a huge emphasis on being in great cardio shape at the expense of building muscle - then he played at a snail's tempo and his teams got throttled on the boards over and over. Another of the reasons he is back in the Ivy league.

I remember donahue being obsessed with bodyfat percentage
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:06 am

QuailMan {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:S&C under Donahue was a huge failure. Clifford and Owens have both put on weight under the new regime that they didn't have under Donahue. KC Caudill was allowed to impersonate the Pillsbury doughboy. Anderson came in a little chubby, lost 10 pounds, then never bulked up at all. Dragicevic, Cain Carney, Rubin: did these guys even lift weights? The only player who improved as far as I could tell was Odio. Donahue placed a huge emphasis on being in great cardio shape at the expense of building muscle - then he played at a snail's tempo and his teams got throttled on the boards over and over. Another of the reasons he is back in the Ivy league.

The lotus pose can't be far behind.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:38 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

The lotus pose can't be far behind.

we know what pose you're interested in...

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:24 am

18/12 against Pacific.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:30 am

Averaging 13/10 in three games.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:31 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Averaging 13/10 in three games.

On a team with other division 1 players for the first time, too.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:39 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

WE WERE PROMISED 25 AND 12.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:41 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

When he was playing on a shit team, yes. That is no longer the case.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:58 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

that type of nuance is completely out of place here.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:19 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

that type of nuance is completely out of place here.

Fair point. I'll blame it on Tedwardita then
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:25 pm

Holy shit, just saw Anderson had 15 boards last night.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:50 pm

Sirius Bidness!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Mike_S on Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:28 am

Semi-related, but in case anyone else is watching, Joe Rahon is putting on a show right now for St. Mary's and they lead Stanford mid-way through the second half (on ESPNU). He has 20 points on something like 8-10 shooting, and there's still 10 minutes left (St. Mary's has like 50 points total).

How could BC have had Hanlan, Rahon, and Anderson and still have been as bad as they were ?!? :-(
Mike_S
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:12 am

Mike_S {l Wrote}:Semi-related, but in case anyone else is watching, Joe Rahon is putting on a show right now for St. Mary's and they lead Stanford mid-way through the second half (on ESPNU). He has 20 points on something like 8-10 shooting, and there's still 10 minutes left (St. Mary's has like 50 points total).

How could BC have had Hanlan, Rahon, and Anderson and still have been as bad as they were ?!? :-(

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:42 am

Mike_S {l Wrote}:Semi-related, but in case anyone else is watching, Joe Rahon is putting on a show right now for St. Mary's and they lead Stanford mid-way through the second half (on ESPNU). He has 20 points on something like 8-10 shooting, and there's still 10 minutes left (St. Mary's has like 50 points total).

this is a roonie bat signal for when his banning ends tomorrow. i can only imagine the stupid thread title and post he would have had to accompany rahon's game
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:23 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

This is awesome, how did I never see that?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:25 am

"Not a fun game to watch or play in or coach," Miller said. "We're thrilled we were able to win by 19 points, in particular without Ryan. For us to be able to rest him today is far more important than anything else, big picture-wise."

Evidently, the Cats struggle when Anderson is not in the lineup.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Leading scorer and rebounder for the #8 team in the country. Too bad he wasn't an ACC-level player or whatever the hell higginbottoms was going on about several years ago before my hiatus.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:24 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Leading scorer and rebounder for the #8 team in the country. Too bad he wasn't an ACC-level player or whatever the hell higginbottoms was going on about several years ago before my hiatus.

As a point of clairification, he looks like Superman physically compared to when he was at BC. I wonder how good BC would've been if he put in the commitment to physical training instead of looking like Kevin Owens out there. He could barely dunk here and I remember him getting blocked by the rim numerous times.

Good for Ryan, but I wonder where the commitment was to physical training here at BC. Donahue gets a fair part of the blame also.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Leading scorer and rebounder for the #8 team in the country. Too bad he wasn't an ACC-level player or whatever the hell higginbottoms was going on about several years ago before my hiatus.

As a point of clairification, he looks like Superman physically compared to when he was at BC. I wonder how good BC would've been if he put in the commitment to physical training instead of looking like Kevin Owens out there. He could barely dunk here and I remember him getting blocked by the rim numerous times.

Good for Ryan, but I wonder where the commitment was to physical training here at BC. Donahue gets a fair part of the blame also.

didn't beeker keep them out of the weight room? i thought his training routine centered around cardio in a desire to run rather than muscle because that could help you compete for rebounds and stuff
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:42 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

didn't beeker keep them out of the weight room? i thought his training routine centered around cardio in a desire to run rather than muscle because that could help you compete for rebounds and stuff

It did so you're right there. He emphasized cardio and then played at one of the slowest paces in the country.

But that doesn't explain why Anderson had a beer gut when playing here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:22 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

You can make it about this...but mostly it's what I said all along: he was forced to play out of position with a shitty cast.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:45 pm

And a shitty offense that refused to pick and roll with the two legit players that were perfect for pick and roll
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:21 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

You can make it about this...but mostly it's what I said all along: he was forced to play out of position with a shitty cast.

No I don't disagree with your point but his Kevin Owens physique was a problem.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum