I'll give Christian Credit - Good first move

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

I'll give Christian Credit - Good first move

Postby commavegarage on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Hearing he has gotten Scott Spinelli (Maryland's top assistant) for his staff.

Big time get.

Nice start. Need someone like him for our massive class next year.

As I said, hated the hire, but seeing as he's gonna be here for at least 3 years, might as well hope for the best.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: I'll give Christian Credit - Good first move

Postby bcmurph on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Maybe he can talk another former Maryland assistant into coming home...

"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:21 pm

Good move here. I can't fault Christian for getting the job; he obviously wants to succeed, its the higher-ups that i'm concerned with.

Beyond Spinelli I'd still like a guy that is familiar with the prep circuit up here, and potentially an alum. Why not go after one of the coaches of Brewster, Tilton, or New Hampton?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:34 pm

I don't know anything about Spinelli's ability, but I do like that he's been coaching at Maryland versus... I don't know... Columbia and Hobart for starters.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Caber91 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:36 pm

From all accounts down here in DC, Spinelli is a great recruiter. Has been Turgeon's main assistant for years now. We'll see.
Caber91
n00b

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:42 pm

I remember people getting excited about Joe Jones.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:I remember people getting excited about Joe Jones.

Was Joe Jones a bad assistant coach?
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:52 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:

He was good while he was here. Backfilling to make his replacement was the mistake.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:56 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:

He was good while he was here. Backfilling to make his replacement was the mistake.

That is my point. Mrs. S is trying to debdown this potential hire which looks decent on paper. Would really like it if someone like Danya or another BC alum gets a call to be an assistant. It might be one of those things that makes too much sense because it would actually appease the fanbase rather than keep loading up on former BU players.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:01 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:

That is my point. Mrs. S is trying to debdown this potential hire which looks decent on paper. Would really like it if someone like Danya or another BC alum gets a call to be an assistant. It might be one of those things that makes too much sense because it would actually appease the fanbase rather than keep loading up on former BU players.

My balls still hurt from getting kicked in the junk last week with Jimminy Christmas getting hired. When the pain goes away, I'll get excited about assistant coaches.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:51 pm

Sure will be nice having someone specifically with ACC experience on the recruiting trail.

I'd love to land a Khris Middleton, Alex Len or DeAndre Jordan.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:54 pm

This is a fantastic start, he is a really good recruiter
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:28 pm

is this CONFIRMED?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:16 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:This is a fantastic start, he is a really good recruiter

didn't help Maryland much
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:16 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:This is a fantastic start, he is a really good recruiter

didn't help Maryland much

Look at the recruiting classes Maryland is pulling in every year
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bender on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:25 pm

It would be huge if they finally start getting strong local recruits. No coach has really tried to corner local recruiting since Mike Jarvis was trying at BU in the 80s.

Perhaps off topic, but, if BC started recruiting more locally could it actually create morefan support from the local community?
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:13 am

Can someone who knows the intracies of college recruiting better than me, answer the following question:

How much recruiting does the actual head coach do? I assume at some of the big schools, like Kentucky and florida, that the head coaches are actively involved becasue they are recruiting kids ranked in the top 5-10 in the country and need to see the head coach. At middle tier schools like BC, in terms of recruiting are the assistants more important than the head coaches?

Also, if Christian brings in say two top asisstants, does the overall composition of the staff salvage the hire, or is the damage irreversible.

People were unsure when BC hired Jags, then he brought in Logan, and everybody was esctatic.

People did not like the Addazzio hire, then he brought in Don Brown, and everyone felt better.

Does bringing in Spillane, if true, doe the same for Christians hire?
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:25 am

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:Can someone who knows the intracies of college recruiting better than me, answer the following question:

How much recruiting does the actual head coach do? I assume at some of the big schools, like Kentucky and florida, that the head coaches are actively involved becasue they are recruiting kids ranked in the top 5-10 in the country and need to see the head coach. At middle tier schools like BC, in terms of recruiting are the assistants more important than the head coaches?

Also, if Christian brings in say two top asisstants, does the overall composition of the staff salvage the hire, or is the damage irreversible.

People were unsure when BC hired Jags, then he brought in Logan, and everybody was esctatic.

People did not like the Addazzio hire, then he brought in Don Brown, and everyone felt better.

People liked Don Brown because they missed watching Matt Ryan play college football, but now get to see it every week. Or so I've heard.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:03 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
hinghameagle {l Wrote}:Can someone who knows the intracies of college recruiting better than me, answer the following question:

People liked Don Brown because they missed watching Matt Ryan play college football, but now get to see it every week. Or so I've heard.

close but not quite

people like don brown because he can identify the diamond in the rough 2* quarterbacks and turn them into a 4* dominator on a consistent basis
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:58 pm

Says he's bringing Bill Wuczynski with him to Chestnut Hill, leaving two bench spots to fill.

Stops in the last decade:

Ohio
TCU
Florida International
Loyola-Chicago

so about bringing in those ACC assistants....
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:13 pm

Well it was fun thinking we might have a decent staff outside of the HC for a second.

Might as well bring Nat fucking Graham and his group of merryman back as well. :suicide
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:13 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Says he's bringing Bill Wuczynski with him to Chestnut Hill, leaving two bench spots to fill.

Ohio
TCU
Florida International
Loyola-Chicago

Wait. This is the good first move folks here congratulating him on???
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:15 pm

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby NJM89 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:18 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Says he's bringing Bill Wuczynski with him to Chestnut Hill, leaving two bench spots to fill.

Ohio
TCU
Florida International
Loyola-Chicago

source?
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:26 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:

Ohio
TCU
Florida International
Loyola-Chicago

source?

The writer from EA is reporting it. I knew this was going to happen and this has to be a fucking mercy hire. Wuczynski has been with Christian for six year and I'm sure the guy didn't have many options. Lets add another guy to the list without big time D-1 recruiting experience. Huge mistake on Christian's part and he'll pay for it. This fucking school can't get anything right. How can leaders of such a prestigious school hire a bunch of dumb fucks to run the athletic department? The writer from EA is also reporting that Christian inteviewed Waheed last weekend.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:12 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Ohio
TCU
Florida International
Loyola-Chicago

Wait. This is the good first move folks here congratulating him on???

If this pole is the third assistant then this is fine. It's not surprising a guy wants to bring in a least one person who knows his system and style. But, this is really only ok if he gets a real recruiter like this Maryland fella seems to be.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:13 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:The writer from EA is reporting it. I knew this was going to happen and this has to be a fucking mercy hire. Wuczynski has been with Christian for six year and I'm sure the guy didn't have many options. Lets add another guy to the list without big time D-1 recruiting experience. Huge mistake on Christian's part and he'll pay for it. This fucking school can't get anything right. How can leaders of such a prestigious school hire a bunch of dumb fucks to run the athletic department? The writer from EA is also reporting that Christian inteviewed Waheed last weekend.

Sounds like a regular dream team. Round out the staff with a cupboard bear and bring on the ACC.

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:15 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
BCHerbert {l Wrote}:The writer from EA is reporting it. I knew this was going to happen and this has to be a fucking mercy hire. Wuczynski has been with Christian for six year and I'm sure the guy didn't have many options. Lets add another guy to the list without big time D-1 recruiting experience. Huge mistake on Christian's part and he'll pay for it. This fucking school can't get anything right. How can leaders of such a prestigious school hire a bunch of dumb fucks to run the athletic department? The writer from EA is also reporting that Christian inteviewed Waheed last weekend.

Sounds like a regular dream team. Round out the staff with a cupboard bear and bring on the ACC.

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle

Waheed would be the one leftover I'd be fine with
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:01 pm

You knew he was going to bring at least one of his guys along -- he's gotta have somebody he can trust when they are 1 and whatever in the ACC next year.

Got pity from a Syracuse alum I work with over the Christian hire. Not good.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:11 pm

So wait... folks are OK with Waheed and Jay Murphy along with this Pollack??? WTF!!! So much for the recruiting Dream Team.

If you are putting an alum on the staff it better not be one that sent his kids anywhere but BC. Further, it should be someone young who can relate to the players. Finally, it would be helpful if it would be a minority (given the whiteness of JC and this Ohio tagalong).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum