I'll give Christian Credit - Good first move

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: I'll give Christian Credit - Good first move

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:48 pm

Spinelli, Wuckynski, Waheed and jay murphy as director of ops, good, bad or indifferent?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:49 pm

3 kids from Maryland just got release to transfer, Nick Faust, Shaq Cleare and Roddy Peters.

What will rule be in regard to Maryland going B1G. Could they theoretically follow Spinelli to BC and not have to sit out the 2 year in conference rule. Would they have to wait till Maryland officially leaves ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Iggle on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:56 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Spinelli, Wuckynski, Waheed and jay murphy as director of ops, good, bad or indifferent?

I'd be a little underwhelmed by that. I wouldn't mind keeping Waheed, but I'd prefer to see someone with more high major experience over Wuckynski
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Spinelli, Wuckynski, Waheed and jay murphy as director of ops, good, bad or indifferent?

I'd be a little underwhelmed by that. I wouldn't mind keeping Waheed, but I'd prefer to see someone with more high major experience over Wuckynski

Murphy sucks and can go away at any point
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:59 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:

What about replacing waheed with Jarvis, any better?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:59 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Iggle {l Wrote}:

Murphy sucks and can go away at any point

Oh.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Bad. Spinelli would be great. Wuckynski as the 3rd assistant who can run practice is boring but understandable. As far as I can tell, Waheed didn't do dick as a recruiter for 4 years. I don't see why he should be a main focus. I guess I could see it if the entire roster was returning and you wanted to have some continuity as you gear up for what should be a tourney run. But, being a familiar face for Odio isn't enough to warrant taking up an assistant position. That said, if he fine with him as DBO. As for Murphy... I honestly do not see what he brings to the table. Go hire Danya, Biko, Curley, Eisley...
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:33 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Bad. Spinelli would be great. Wuckynski as the 3rd assistant who can run practice is boring but understandable. As far as I can tell, Waheed didn't do dick as a recruiter for 4 years. I don't see why he should be a main focus. I guess I could see it if the entire roster was returning and you wanted to have some continuity as you gear up for what should be a tourney run. But, being a familiar face for Odio isn't enough to warrant taking up an assistant position. That said, if he fine with him as DBO. As for Murphy... I honestly do not see what he brings to the table. Go hire Danya, Biko, Curley, Eisley...

Waheed has the relationship with NMH. Hanlan, Miller.

Spinelli, Jarvis, Wuxkynski and Wahred would solid. I'm sure Jarvis can still recruit
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:47 pm

I'd give Biko Paris a shot, although I don't think he'll get one. Smart player, and has really progressed quickly as a coach, having already moved up the coaching wrung since his first job. (I believe he was promoted into his position at UML from a lesser assistant coaching position at BU, but could be young.) So while he is very young, he has also proved himself to some extent.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:49 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Spinelli, Jarvis, Wuxkynski and Wahred would solid. I'm sure Jarvis can still recruit

Hanlan and Miller came from New Hampton, but yes that relationship is important. I don't see why we wouldn't hire one of the coaches from that league to be an assistant. Couldn't we get the guy from Brewster or Tilton or something like that?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:32 pm

What about someone like Steve Hailey ? Im not sure how he would fit on a limited staff, but he is with BABC now and seems to be mentioned often when talking about players from the Boston area. I guess the one concern is that perhaps he is too "focused" on the Boston area alone and not all of New England. I also have no clue as to his relationships with the prep school scene, but BABC is one of the best AAU programs in the country.

He would also bring in the "more dreadlock, less goldilock" aspect to the stafff
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:31 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:What about someone like Steve Hailey ? Im not sure how he would fit on a limited staff, but he is with BABC now and seems to be mentioned often when talking about players from the Boston area. I guess the one concern is that perhaps he is too "focused" on the Boston area alone and not all of New England. I also have no clue as to his relationships with the prep school scene, but BABC is one of the best AAU programs in the country.

He would also bring in the "more dreadlock, less goldilock" aspect to the stafff

I'm pretty sure we could hire a BABC guy, and we still wouldn't get their players.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bender on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:26 am

Is there a particular incident that soured things with BABC? Does it go back to Elton Tyler and Jonathan Depina? Bridging any gap with Papile and BABC would be a huge step towards the goal of being a true top program. I assume Bill Curley played for BABC, I know his two brothers did, and if Hailey is part of BABC that would have to help.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby NJM89 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:18 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:What about someone like Steve Hailey ? Im not sure how he would fit on a limited staff, but he is with BABC now and seems to be mentioned often when talking about players from the Boston area. I guess the one concern is that perhaps he is too "focused" on the Boston area alone and not all of New England. I also have no clue as to his relationships with the prep school scene, but BABC is one of the best AAU programs in the country.

I'm pretty sure we could hire a BABC guy, and we still wouldn't get their players.

Jeremy Miller is on BABC...

NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:12 am

speaking of biko, apparently uml is on the schedule next year:

On the topic of scheduling, Christian confirmed that he will mostly just stick with the schedule that Donahue's staff setup for next year. The reason for that is BC's new coach agreed with the approach that Donahue was going with for next year in scheduling an easier schedule, and it's starting to get too late to schedule many more games.

EA reached out to one of Donahue's assistants to inquire which teams were scheduled for next year. Those teams include Harvard, UMass, Providence, USC, the Puerto Rico Tip-Off, UMass-Lowell, Maine, and SE Louisiana.

https://bostoncollege.rivals.com/conten ... ID=1629485
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:29 am

[quote="claver2010"]speaking of biko, apparently uml is on the schedule next year:

So we should get at least one win next year.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:33 am

Looking forward to the great schedule makers making the SE Louisiana game at 4 pm on the sunday the pats are playing the broncos to maximize attendance.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby natturner on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:07 am

Bender {l Wrote}:It would be huge if they finally start getting strong local recruits. No coach has really tried to corner local recruiting since Mike Jarvis was trying at BU in the 80s.

Perhaps off topic, but, if BC started recruiting more locally could it actually create morefan support from the local community?

Are you kidding? O'brien was doing an excellent job getting local kids until they jerked him around with the Depina class.
natturner
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:46 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Old Jarvis or young Jarvis?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Old Jarvis or young Jarvis?

i assumed the alive one
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby talon on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:30 am

Is Spinelli to BC a done deal yet?

I saw that Nick Faust, Roddy Peters and Shaq Cleare all want to transfer out. Would any of them want to follow Spinelli? And would any of them be a good get if they did?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:37 am

Nick Faust is a good get if you enjoy ballhoggery and bad shots. He's a good talent.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:49 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Nick Faust is a good get if you enjoy ballhoggery and bad shots. He's a good talent.

Nick Faust is terrible, even by BC standards
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:01 am

I'm guessing that all 3 of those Maryland players are better than players we have in the same year of eligibility. There could be issues with regard to whether Maryland they have to sit out 1 or 2 years, but I'd be fine with taking all 3.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby footer20 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:07 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Nick Faust is a good get if you enjoy ballhoggery and bad shots. He's a good talent.

Nick Faust is terrible, even by BC standards

Screw Faust. I want Peters and Cleare. Sure they haven't done much at Maryland but both are former top 100 recruits (Cleare #30 in 2012 And Peters #52 in 2013). Cleare is 6-9, 270, is an actual center (call me crazy for thinking we can get a center), and was promising as a freshman if I remember correctly. He had offers from Baylor, Arizona, and Texas in high school but the less touted Charles Mitchell passed him on the depth chart this year. Peters is also very talented, as he held offers from UCLA, georgetown, and Kansas among others. He lacks a jump shot but certainly has the athleticism to play in the ACC. Since Jake Layman manned the 3 at Maryland, Seth Allen, Dez Wells, and Nick Faust got the majority of the run at the 1 and 2. Peters only real opportunity came when Allen was hurt.
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby bcmurph on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:17 am

talon {l Wrote}:Is Spinelli to BC a done deal yet?

I saw that Nick Faust, Roddy Peters and Shaq Cleare all want to transfer out. Would any of them want to follow Spinelli? And would any of them be a good get if they did?

Some random guy tweeted that Spinelli is NOT coming...but nothing leads me to believe he's credible.
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:31 am

bcmurph {l Wrote}:

Some random guy tweeted that Spinelli is NOT coming...but nothing leads me to believe he's credible.

When it comes to bad news about BC, I think this board has found that Twitter tends to be more accurate than we'd all like.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:32 am

bcmurph {l Wrote}:

Was his name Thamel or Blauds?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:35 am

Why don't we send out Bates to hire an assistant coach? He'll leave no stone unturned. He'll look at current MAC coaches! Former MAC coaches! All under Fogler's supervision of course. :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby bcmurph on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:40 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
bcmurph {l Wrote}:

Was his name Thamel or Blauds?

No even more sketchy...
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum